Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Ben

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nethier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Peyton Manning is the best QB in NFL History.

A VERY close 2nd is Dan Marino and a VERY close 3rd is Brett Favre.

Tom Brady deserves an honorable mention. Joe Montana doesn't even make my top ten. And if I worked at it, I could probably find twenty QBs better than he was. He was a 'system' QB. Steve Young proved that

The new guys? Meh... Different world, different rules.

Can't compare them to the old time greats. In the old days, they'd mug the receiver all the way down the field and head slap the OT on the way to hitting the QB 3 seconds after he released the ball.

Not saying the new guys aren't good, or even great.... Just saying you can't compare them to the old guys.

AFAIC, we should have the QBs wear lace panties over his pads and merge the NFL with the CFL.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm losing interest in the NFL. It's like watching sand lot football anymore.

Seriously, your argument fails when you call Kurt Warner a HOF QB, he is in the Arena Football HOF, not the Pro Football HOF.

Arizona was a 9-7 team that year and a 7 point dog, however they almost pulled off and upset and the Steelers didn't cover the spread. 27-23. Warner had a passer rating that year of 96.9, which was his best in over six year. His best rating the year before was 89.8. His career rating is 93.7

Colts went up against the Bear were 13-3 and the Colts were 12-4, the Colts were favored by 7, they won 29-17 after trailing 14-6 in the first quarter.

Saints had Brees and the Colts lost. Big Ben couldn't beat a sixth seeded Packer team because of a superior QB in Rogers. And of course Ben beat another average QB in 2005.

The Steelers are more known by defense than offense and that won them against Seattle and helped a lot in 2008. Manning has never enjoyed a great defense, just average or below.

So against mediocre QB's, Ben is 2-0, against great QB's, 0-1.
Against mediocre QB's, Peyton is 1-0, against great QB's, 0-1.

Not very closed to me.

Kurt Warner is hard to figure out. When he was at St Louis, for two years he was the best QB I had ever seen. Ever.

Two Super Bowl appearances, 1 win. Should have been two. Belichick taught his Corners and Safeties how to cheat. And they did while the Referees were apparently sleeping. It was so bad that the NFL changed the rules because of that game and ONLY because of that game.

Changed the NFL in a way that, frankly, I don't like.

Not taking anything away from Belichick or Brady. Both of them are near the top of the list in their respective fields but, IMO, the NFL over-reacted. They should have just sent those Referees home..... Permanently, and re-trained the rest.

Then, when Kurt went to Phoenix, he took an average team to the Super Bowl and SHOULD have beaten the highly favored Steelers.

The way I judge a QB is.... Look at how good a team was before and after a QB.

Before Kurt, St Louis SUCKED. For decades, they SUCKED. After Kurt, they continued their suckitude.

Same in Phoenix.

I'd vote Kurt into the HOF if I had a vote. But I don't. Three Super Bowl appearances with two different Teams?

Craig Morton appeared for two different teams in TWO Super Bowls for two different teams. Not three SBs.

Kurt also holds the Three Highest Single-Game Passing Yards Records in Super Bowl history and was Super Bowl MVP as well as NFL MVP in both 1999 and 2001.

Kurt Warner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warner currently holds the seventh-highest career passer rating of all-time (93.7), and the third-highest career completion percentage in NFL history with 65.5%.

In 13 career playoff games, Warner ranks first all-time in completion percentage (66.5%), yards per attempt (8.55), and second in passer rating (102.8). He also holds the highest completion percentage for a single game during the regular season, at 92.3 percent (24/26), on September 20, 2009, against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Me:
Kurt Warner, IMO, is a slam-dunk HOFer.

Seriously, your argument fails when you call Kurt Warner a HOF QB, he is in the Arena Football HOF, not the Pro Football HOF.

Arizona was a 9-7 team that year and a 7 point dog, however they almost pulled off and upset and the Steelers didn't cover the spread. 27-23. Warner had a passer rating that year of 96.9, which was his best in over six year. His best rating the year before was 89.8. His career rating is 93.7

Colts went up against the Bear were 13-3 and the Colts were 12-4, the Colts were favored by 7, they won 29-17 after trailing 14-6 in the first quarter.

Saints had Brees and the Colts lost. Big Ben couldn't beat a sixth seeded Packer team because of a superior QB in Rogers. And of course Ben beat another average QB in 2005.

The Steelers are more known by defense than offense and that won them against Seattle and helped a lot in 2008. Manning has never enjoyed a great defense, just average or below.

Not very closed to me.

Kurt Warner is hard to figure out. When he was at St Louis, for two years he was the best QB I had ever seen. Ever.

Two Super Bowl appearances, 1 win. Should have been two. Belichick taught his Corners and Safeties how to cheat. And they did while the Referees were apparently sleeping. It was so bad that the NFL changed the rules because of that game and ONLY because of that game.

Not taking anything away from Belichick or Brady. Both of them are near the top of the list in their respective fields but, IMO, the NFL over-reacted. They should have just sent those Referees home..... Permanently, and re-trained the rest.

Then, when Kurt went to Phoenix, he took an average team to the Super Bowl and SHOULD have beaten the highly favored Steelers.

Before Kurt, St Louis SUCKED. For decades, they SUCKED. After Kurt, they continued their suckitude.

Same in Phoenix.

I'd vote Kurt into the HOF if I had a vote. But I don't. Three Super Bowl appearances with two different Teams?

Craig Morton appeared for two different teams in TWO Super Bowls for two different teams. Not three SBs.

Kurt also holds the Three Highest Single-Game Passing Yards Records in Super Bowl history and was Super Bowl MVP as well as NFL MVP in both 1999 and 2001.

Warner currently holds the seventh-highest career passer rating of all-time (93.7), and the third-highest career completion percentage in NFL history with 65.5%.

In 13 career playoff games, Warner ranks first all-time in completion percentage (66.5%), yards per attempt (8.55), and second in passer rating (102.8). He also holds the highest completion percentage for a single game during the regular season, at 92.3 percent (24/26), on September 20, 2009, against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Me:

Belecheck is the most overrated bozo the clown of a head coach that ever existed.Before tom brady came along and rescued his career,he was a complete washout and a total zero with the cleveland browns.a total failure,Brady comes along and only gets put into the starting lineup cause of Bledsoes injury,and saves his career from going down the toilet and all of a sudden because of the rise of brady,he is a genius? yeah right.:cuckoo::lmao:

Cheater Belecheck has disgraced the game.Once Belecheck loses brady to retirement which wont be more than a couple years,just watch,he'll be exposed like Mike Shannahan was whom everyone was calling a genius as well when he had Elway to make him look good but once he lost him to retirement,the REAL Mike Shannahan was exposed as the not so great coach he is..:lol:

Last edited:

Not very closed to me.

Seriously your in denial about Manning.:lol: your getting so desperate making things up that Warner isnt a a great quarterback.:lol::lol::lmao:

Your playing dodgeball mixing in facts from the regular season and then ignoring what Manning did during the BIG GAMES.:lol: AGAIN,you want a quarterback who puts up impressive stats and numbers during the regular season,Manning is your guy,you want a quarterback who is going to win the big game for you when its on the line,Big Ben is your guy.

Im not taking away anything that Manning has done throughout his entire career when he didnt have good defenses most those years.But when it has been on the line in a big game when the score has been close,he panicked and could not get the job done.Big Ben kept his cool.Manning has always panicked in big games going back to his days as a college quarterback.:cuckoo::lol:

your helping me win this argument already with your own facts that warner had a 93.7 rating as quarterback.

Yes Big Ben was nervous in the first superbowl and had to count on his defense to help him win the game against the seahawks but he was relaxed against an excellent defense against Arizona and came up big time when the game was on the line in the last 2 minutes to win it all.

sorry your wrong.against mediocre quarterbacks in the superbowl,he is 1-0
against great quarterbacks? he is 1-1

Manning is 0-1 against a great quarterback in the superbowl.

case closed.

I dont see anybody in the AFC stopping the Broncos this year so if he loses in the superbowl to one of what experts are saying are the two best teams in the NFL,The niners and Seahawks this year,he will be 0-2 against great QB's.

Not very closed to me.

Same in Phoenix.

Me:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

yeah before Warner got to St Louis,like you said,they were just horrible before his arrival and have been ever since he left and yeah,same with Arizona.a team that was just as horrible before he got there and then he comes in and takes them to THEIR first superbowl ever as well and then leaves,and now they are back to their ways as a horrible losing organization again.

He not only accomplishes those two amazing feats but sets all those records and has all these incredible stats,and somehow someone here thinks he isnt a great NFL quarterback.:cuckoo:

to say Warner isnt a great quarterback? well somebody here better stop smoking that crack they are on,:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tom Brady deserves an honorable mention. Joe Montana doesn't even make my top ten. And if I worked at it, I could probably find twenty QBs better than he was. He was a 'system' QB. Steve Young proved that

Can't compare them to the old time greats. In the old days, they'd mug the receiver all the way down the field and head slap the OT on the way to hitting the QB 3 seconds after he released the ball.

Not saying the new guys aren't good, or even great.... Just saying you can't compare them to the old guys.

AFAIC, we should have the QBs wear lace panties over his pads and merge the NFL with the CFL.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm losing interest in the NFL. It's like watching sand lot football anymore.

Montana was the best QB I've ever seen.

And though I think Marino should get more respect than he does, no way is he better than Montana.

Brady is better than Manning, though Manning is very, very good.

Warner was the beneficiary of a great scheme and the best WRs and arguably the best all purpose running back during his hayday.

It took Brady a long time to develope into the best game manager in football. There are several current QBs I'd rate higher than Brady. Rodgers and Peyton Manning come to mind.

All those guys are fast heading into the waning twighlight years of thier careers as the new breed has arrived with Kaepernick, RG3, Luck and Wilson.

The biggest threat to the success of the old gaurd of elite NFL QBs will be the salaries they can demand putting strain on the resources available to hire the real playmakers on defense that get them the ball and the top flight recievers neccesary to make the QBs look good.

Not very closed to me.

Seriously your in denial about Manning.:lol: your getting so desperate making things up that Warner isnt a a great quarterback.:lol::lol::lmao:

Your playing dodgeball mixing in facts from the regular season and then ignoring what Manning did during the BIG GAMES.:lol: AGAIN,you want a quarterback who puts up impressive stats and numbers during the regular season,Manning is your guy,you want a quarterback who is going to win the big game for you when its on the line,Big Ben is your guy.

Im not taking away anything that Manning has done throughout his entire career when he didnt have good defenses most those years.But when it has been on the line in a big game when the score has been close,he panicked and could not get the job done.Big Ben kept his cool.Manning has always panicked in big games going back to his days as a college quarterback.:cuckoo::lol:

your helping me win this argument already with your own facts that warner had a 93.7 rating as quarterback.

Yes Big Ben was nervous in the first superbowl and had to count on his defense to help him win the game against the seahawks but he was relaxed against an excellent defense against Arizona and came up big time when the game was on the line in the last 2 minutes to win it all.

sorry your wrong.against mediocre quarterbacks in the superbowl,he is 1-0
against great quarterbacks? he is 1-1

Manning is 0-1 against a great quarterback in the superbowl.

case closed.

I dont see anybody in the AFC stopping the Broncos this year so if he loses in the superbowl to one of what experts are saying are the two best teams in the NFL,The niners and Seahawks this year,he will be 0-2 against great QB's.

With Clady out, Denver is going to have some issues and with the Colts picking up Richardson, they could be in contention. To early to say right now.

I put Seattle, San Francisco and Atlanta in the NFC to challenge for it all.

Warner was the beneficiary of a great scheme and the best WRs and arguably the best all purpose running back during his hayday.

It took Brady a long time to develope into the best game manager in football. There are several current QBs I'd rate higher than Brady. Rodgers and Peyton Manning come to mind.

All those guys are fast heading into the waning twighlight years of thier careers as the new breed has arrived with Kaepernick, RG3, Luck and Wilson.

The biggest threat to the success of the old gaurd of elite NFL QBs will be the salaries they can demand putting strain on the resources available to hire the real playmakers on defense that get them the ball and the top flight recievers neccesary to make the QBs look good.

Yep, Warner had a great team around him and great coaching and schemes to exploit defenses. He is no HOF as some seem to claim. He was at the right place at the right time.

Yep, Warner had a great team around him and great coaching and schemes to exploit defenses. He is no HOF as some seem to claim. He was at the right place at the right time.

I love how you keep playing dodgeball avoiding facts that both teams he took to the superbowl were horrible before he got there and are STILL horrible all these years later with him gone and all those impressive amazing numbers he put up that that guy spelled out to you.the facts prove without a great hall of fame NFL QB like warner there,those teams would never have gone to the superbowl in the FACT after he left both organizations,the teams were never a threat on offense anymore and have been horrible sense a fact you keep playing dodgeball with.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

you can have great receivers like the ones he had in st louis and arizona,but without a great quarterback,if they had a qb like josh freeman or matt stafford back then who are just average at best quarterbacks,those teams dont go to the superbowl those years.:cuckoo: Looks like the truth hurts.:lol:

I remember the next year after they won the superbowl,the next year they started their opener on monday night football and hearing one of the announcers say the only quarterback they ever remember seeing over the years in watching football who had a quicker release than Warner,was The legend Dan Marino.

Yep not hall of fame material there turning around organizations like he did which have sucked ever since he left even though the quarterbacks that took over the next year after he left had the same cast of characters but failed to even come close to get them to the superbowl.:cuckoo::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

you sure have been taught a great way of playing dodgeball.:lol:

Next thing I'll be hearing from you is Don Shula was over rated as a coach,that he only had good players that he inherited or some b.s like that.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Tom Brady is also a system QB, Matt Cassell helped to prove that but I still give Brady and Montana for thriving in a system.

I love how you keep playing dodgeball avoiding facts that both teams he took to the superbowl were horrible before he got there and are STILL horrible all these years later with him gone and all those impressive amazing numbers he put up that that guy spelled out to you.the facts prove without a great hall of fame NFL QB like warner there,those teams would never have gone to the superbowl in the FACT after he left both organizations,the teams were never a threat on offense anymore and have been horrible sense a fact you keep playing dodgeball with.
you can have great receivers like the ones he had in st louis and arizona,but without a great quarterback,if they had a qb like josh freeman or matt stafford back then who are just average at best quarterbacks,those teams dont go to the superbowl those years.:cuckoo: Looks like the truth hurts.

I remember the next year after they won the superbowl,the next year they started their opener on monday night football and hearing one of the announcers say the only quarterback they ever remember seeing over the years in watching football who had a quicker release than Warner,was The legend Dan Marino.

Yep not hall of fame material there turning around organizations like he did which have sucked ever since he left even though the quarterbacks that took over the next year after he left had the same cast of characters but failed to even come close to get them to the superbowl.

you sure have been taught a great way of playing dodgeball.

Next thing I'll be hearing from you is Don Shula was over rated as a coach,that he only had good players that he inherited or some b.s like that.

When was Warner elected to the Pro Football HOF?

Last edited:

I love how you keep playing dodgeball avoiding facts that both teams he took to the superbowl were horrible before he got there and are STILL horrible all these years later with him gone and all those impressive amazing numbers he put up that that guy spelled out to you.the facts prove without a great hall of fame NFL QB like warner there,those teams would never have gone to the superbowl in the FACT after he left both organizations,the teams were never a threat on offense anymore and have been horrible sense a fact you keep playing dodgeball with.
you can have great receivers like the ones he had in st louis and arizona,but without a great quarterback,if they had a qb like josh freeman or matt stafford back then who are just average at best quarterbacks,those teams dont go to the superbowl those years.:cuckoo: Looks like the truth hurts.

Yep not hall of fame material there turning around organizations like he did which have sucked ever since he left even though the quarterbacks that took over the next year after he left had the same cast of characters but failed to even come close to get them to the superbowl.

Next thing I'll be hearing from you is Don Shula was over rated as a coach,that he only had good players that he inherited or some b.s like that.

and your game of dodgeball is still going on.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Like humans dont make mistakes in their lives and overlook people?.:cuckoo:

Steve Young made it to the hall of fame but he had Jerry Rice,a good defense,and a great offensive system and had years to study and learn under Montana.Yet this link proves he was the only one who had a higher passer rating and Marino was the only one that had more 300 yeard games.

You seem to have reading comprehension problems since you keep evading the fact that BOTH Warners teams he inherited sucked major big time before he got there and have sucked ever since because since then, that they havent been able to find a great quarterback constantly evading that fact.:lol:

If Warner had done that with only the rams I could see you saying he isnt a great qb,but he did that with TWO different teams.when he became the starter for the cardinals,he did because Leinart despite having great receivers,and was in a good system,couldnt cut the mustard.

Warner got in and that offense lit up the scoreboard and just like in st loius,resurrected a franchise that was doormat before he arrived.Not any average quarterback could have done that as evidenced with Leinart.:cuckoo:

Steve Young is in the hall of fame but he didnt have to do what warner did,resurrect not one,but TWO laughable franchises.If he had done that just once with the rams,I wouldnt say he was hall of fame material but to do it TWICE with two lousy organizations for years,IS impressive as no other quarterback since then for either organization has been able to get that franchise back on track again.:lol:

What Warner did is far more impressive than Young ever did. Young again inherited a winning organization from Montana and Walsh.Warner didnt have years to study and learn under a great quarterback and great coach like Young did,Young took over a WINNING organization.Warner took over two LOSING organizations.

you sir have been taken to school.since you appear to have reading comprehension problems evading facts about Warner,have fun living in your fairtytale land you live in that Warner is not a great NFL quarterback and Big Ben did not beat a great NFL quarterback in the future since thats a fact your insecure with and cant deal with.

Im done with ya.according to your warped logic you have,Clint Hurdle is not a great baseball manager either,he just got lucky those years in colorado taking them to their first world series ever and sucked before then and do now with him gone,and he just got lucky as well with the pirates giving them their first winning season in 20 years.all just a bizarre conicidence.:cuckoo:

since you wont get off that crack you been smoking and keep being immature playing dodgeball with facts,Im done with you.

Its one thing to say Manning is better than Big Ben,but its something else entirely to say that Warner wasnt a great quarterback .Thats not only living in denial,its plain asinine as well.

Enhancing Warner's Hall case the hard way - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Last edited:

and your game of dodgeball is still going on.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Like humans dont make mistakes in their lives and overlook people?.:cuckoo:

Steve Young made it to the hall of fame but he had Jerry Rice,a good defense,and a great offensive system and had years to study and learn under Montana.Yet this link proves he was the only one who had a higher passer rating and Marino was the only one that had more 300 yeard games.

You seem to have reading comprehension problems since you keep evading the fact that BOTH Warners teams he inherited sucked major big time before he got there and have sucked ever since because since then, that they havent been able to find a great quarterback constantly evading that fact.:lol:

If Warner had done that with only the rams I could see you saying he isnt a great qb,but he did that with TWO different teams.when he became the starter for the cardinals,he did because Leinart despite having great receivers,and was in a good system,couldnt cut the mustard.

Warner got in and that offense lit up the scoreboard and just like in st loius,resurrected a franchise that was doormat before he arrived.Not any average quarterback could have done that as evidenced with Leinart.:cuckoo:

Steve Young is in the hall of fame but he didnt have to do what warner did,resurrect not one,but TWO laughable franchises.If he had done that just once with the rams,I wouldnt say he was hall of fame material but to do it TWICE with two lousy organizations for years,IS impressive as no other quarterback since then for either organization has been able to get that franchise back on track again.:lol:

What Warner did is far more impressive than Young ever did. Young again inherited a winning organization from Montana and Walsh.Warner didnt have years to study and learn under a great quarterback and great coach like Young did,Young took over a WINNING organization.Warner took over two LOSING organizations.

you sir have been taken to school.since you appear to have reading comprehension problems evading facts about Warner,have fun living in your fairtytale land you live in that Warner is not a great NFL quarterback and Big Ben did not beat a great NFL quarterback in the future since thats a fact your insecure with and cant deal with.

Im done with ya.according to your warped logic you have,Clint Hurdle is not a great baseball manager either,he just got lucky those years in colorado taking them to their first world series ever and sucked before then and do now with him gone,and he just got lucky as well with the pirates giving them their first winning season in 20 years.all just a bizarre conicidence.:cuckoo:

since you wont get off that crack you been smoking and keep being immature playing dodgeball with facts,Im done with you.

Its one thing to say Manning is better than Big Ben,but its something else entirely to say that Warner wasnt a great quarterback .Thats not only living in denial,its plain asinine as well.

Enhancing Warner's Hall case the hard way - NFC West Blog - ESPN

So far they only game of dodgeball being played is yours. I'll type slower and maybe you'll understand. When was Warner elected to the HOF?

And they insults are really telling as that is all you have left.

Now, answer the question, you said Warner was a HOF QB, when did he enter the Pro Football HOF?

Forum List

Back