Petraeus Says Quran Burning Endangers War Effort

If burning the Koran is providing aid and comfort to our enemy, then so is delivering actual aid and supplies to them. Since Boxer and Code Pink have not been charged with that actual treason, I see your comparison as pathetic as a legitimate argument. You don't get it both ways, little man.

I simply posted my opinion on the matter, one based on the reaction by a few extremists incited by the act of another extremist. In fact two points were made, one suggesting that the behavior benefits our enemy by providing them a recruiting tool. The other, that the act of burning the Koran incited others to act with violence, within the meaning of the Penal Code in the several states:

"(a) Every person who with the intent to cause a riot does an
act or engages in conduct that urges a riot, or urges others to
commit acts of force or violence, or the burning or destroying of
property, and at a time and place and under circumstances that
produce a clear and present and immediate danger of acts of force or
violence or the burning or destroying of property, is guilty of
incitement to riot."

The fact that your response is not relevent to my post or the issue, offers no evidence of any act by Sen. Boxer or Code Pink of engaging in treason, and felt the need to respond with a personal attack is both immature and nasty. A professional writer is held to a higher standard and a non sequitur + Red Herring post is amateurish. I'm sure you can do better.

Boxer and the CP bitches delivered actual aid to those engaging in war against our nation. That, little man, is treason. You want to talk 'treason', fine. Talk treason.... you accuse those of burning a book of treason... I'll accuse Boxer (a Democrat Senator) of the same. Real treason. Not some half assed, ill thought out opinion... but real, treason... in accordance with the actual wording of the definition. Boxer should be in prison. So should everyone who contributed to or assisted in the delivery of that actual aid to actual enemies of our actual nation.

I didn't accuse anyone of treason (staw man); I suggested incitement to riot. Treason has a very specific definition (See the Constitution of the United States); your suggesting that Boxer engaged in such is little more than partisan hyperbole laced with a good bit of ignorance.
Have a nice day, you sure seem to be nastier today than your usual disagreeable self.

Speaking of war effort.......

Would someone please tell Obama to close Gitmo and not attack muslim natiosns that are no threat to us. He's creating terrorists every day.

I did.

And it's pretty fucking hilarious for you to be mocking Obama for doing what you cheered Bush for doing.

That kind of makes you the hypocritical moron doesn't it?

Why is it hypocritical to point that the obama is a hypocrite? He's the one who made all the grandiose promises without a fucking clue of what he was talking about.

Everything endangers the war effort. You think maybe it's time to stop the 'war effort'? It's even worse than the 'war on drugs'.
If they don't believe in freedom of speech or freedom of religion maybe we shouldn't even be there.

Now there's a fucking thought. I never bought into this "winning hearts and minds" bullshit in the first place. Let them live the way they want to live. Let's get the hell out of that shithole.

You know what endangers the war effort? A full page ad in the NY Times calling the Military commander "betray-us". You know what else endangers the war effort? The senate majority leader telling America and the world that the "war is lost". If you factor in the reckless American media that exaggerates minor incidents for profit you have treason on a grand scale.

Would someone please tell Obama to close Gitmo and not attack muslim natiosns that are no threat to us. He's creating terrorists every day.

I did.

And it's pretty fucking hilarious for you to be mocking Obama for doing what you cheered Bush for doing.

Actually, Bush had Congressional approval.. like.. twice. Not to mention prominent Dems had been calling for regime change n Iraq since the nineties.

Nice try though.

Last edited:
Burning the Koran is providing aid and comfort to our enemy. It offers the leaders of the Islamic extreme a powerful talking point and a tool for the recruitment of fighters and suicide bombers. Doing so was a stupid stunt which has put lives at risk and is directly responsible for the deaths of 12 UN's workers.

How did burning the Qur'an provide aid and comfort to anyone we are at war with? If you argued that burning a flag, or a copy of the Constitution, gave aid and comfort to our enemies I could at least see your logic, even though I would point out that it shows you are ignorant about what the term aid and comfort means. As it is, all I can say is that this is got to be the stupidest comment about the situation I have ever read. this is the type of thing I would expect from Glenn Beck.

By the way, the only talking point that extremists need is that we exist. We have wealth, they don't. You offer more talking points just by breathing than Jones and his entire congregation do.

Burning the Koran is providing aid and comfort to our enemy. It offers the leaders of the Islamic extreme a powerful talking point and a tool for the recruitment of fighters and suicide bombers. Doing so was a stupid stunt which has put lives at risk and is directly responsible for the deaths of 12 UN's workers.

If burning the Koran is providing aid and comfort to our enemy, then so is delivering actual aid and supplies to them. Since Boxer and Code Pink have not been charged with that actual treason, I see your comparison as pathetic as a legitimate argument. You don't get it both ways, little man.

I simply posted my opinion on the matter, one based on the reaction by a few extremists incited by the act of another extremist. In fact two points were made, one suggesting that the behavior benefits our enemy by providing them a recruiting tool. The other, that the act of burning the Koran incited others to act with violence, within the meaning of the Penal Code in the several states:

incitement to riot."

The fact that your response is not relevent to my post or the issue, offers no evidence of any act by Sen. Boxer or Code Pink of engaging in treason, and felt the need to respond with a personal attack is both immature and nasty. A professional writer is held to a higher standard and a non sequitur + Red Herring post is amateurish. I'm sure you can do better.

Thank you for providing the evidence that you are wrong.

"(a) Every person who with the intent to cause a riot does an act or engages in conduct that urges a riot, or urges others to commit acts of force or violence, or the burning or destroying of property, and at a time and place and under circumstances that produce a clear and present and immediate danger of acts of force or violence or the burning or destroying of property, is guilty of incitement to riot."

His intent was not to cause a riot, nor did he commit any act which produce a clear and present and immediate danger. The imams that riled up that "spontaneous" riot are guilty of this though, why are you not calling for them to face prosecution? Is it because you are so afraid of Muslims that you prefer to kiss their ass than to stand up for yourself?

I didn't accuse anyone of treason (staw man); I suggested incitement to riot. Treason has a very specific definition (See the Constitution of the United States); your suggesting that Boxer engaged in such is little more than partisan hyperbole laced with a good bit of ignorance.
Have a nice day, you sure seem to be nastier today than your usual disagreeable self.

Not only are you a liar, you are an idiot.

Aid and comfort to the enemy is the definition of treason, not inciting a riot.

it amazes me how quickly some lefties roll over for islamic extremists....petraeus is not in a position to chill free speech....but now, thanks to a few islamic nutcases, the left and petraeus are ready to give up our freedom of speech....and they didn't even have to harm a single american, all they had to do was kill each other and some are ready to surrender

incitement to riot."

Now since US law pertains to the US provide for us where in the US one was incited to riot, where an actual riot took place because of this act, within the confines of US jurisdiction and how burning a book equates to incitement to riot.

I notice you never complain when piss christ or any other affront to Christians is mentioned or done. Of course you know Christians won't riot, burn and murder over stupid shit like this.

Remind us again how Islam is a religion of peace.

I did.

Why is it hypocritical to point that the obama is a hypocrite? He's the one who made all the grandiose promises without a fucking clue of what he was talking about.

Because to say things that aren't liberal is automatically hypocrisy

This is just plain stupid.

Anything short of conversion to Islam incites these crazy fucks to go on a rampage.

Fuck you NOLA, you're too stupid to engage in an adult conversation.

Forum List

Back