Petraeus Says Florida Church Koran Burning Threatens Troops

If they were to concede now and cancel the book burning, the terrorists win.

True story. :thup:

Bullshit.

If they cancel the book burning now we may stand some chance of winning the WAR in Afghanistan.

Apparently the fact that tens of thousands are dying every few months and our wealth is being wasted abroad hasn't trickled down to this thread yet.

This thread amounts to skinheads pissing on our troop's graves and claiming the first amendment as an excuse.

If they cancel the book burning now we may stand some chance of winning the WAR in Afghanistan.

Cancelation means we lose in America now. those who support the enemy sleep with them.

Apparently the fact that tens of thousands are dying every few months and our wealth is being wasted abroad hasn't trickled down to this thread yet.

Who re the tens of thousands that are dying?

This thread amounts to skinheads pissing on our troop's graves and claiming the first amendment as an excuse.

You are a moron

I was always told that our soldiers are there to protect and defend our rights from all who threaten them.

Perhaps Patraeus is too deep in the trees to still see the forest.
Or maybe he cares about the safety of our soldiers?

What good would it have done during ww2 to demonize all Asians and thereby categorize them with the Japanese? Oh, none.

Sure, the "christian" pastor is entitled to be a fucktard. But that doesn't make it a good thing.

But how incredibly funny to watch the rightwingloons applaud something that endangers the troops. :lol:

Yet there is a good thing out there to make up for this bad thing this group is doing by burning Qur'ans. As a result of this desecration, those peace loving and friendly Muslims get to show their tolerance and ability to forgive.

Several hundred Afghans chanting "Death to America" rallied outside a mosque in the Afghan capital on Monday to protest against an American church's plan to burn a copy of the Koran on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
Afghans protest U.S. church's plans to torch Koran | World | Reuters

:razz:

Your problem is you think they are justified, while the group in FL is wrong, the truth is they are both wrong. Funny thing though, only one of those groups wants to kill you, and it ain't the scumbag Christians you keep sneering at.
Excuse me? I don't care what assholes in other countries do. I care about what asshole Americans do.

Scumbag Christians? My, my...you must be an asshole yourself.

It may well inflame the Muslims. This is a free country, and even though I do not believe what that church in Florida is about to do is a good idea, I have to ask where it all ends.

This is a free country, and do we give in to the whims of some lunatics in a shithole like Afghanistan just because they might get offended? Do we become like certain places in Europe where they quiver in fear whenever world Muslims beat their fists (Denmark), or do we allow the Koran burnings to take place even though it may put our troops at risk? It's a tough call.
You don't give in to anyone. You are better than they are...well, in theory.

Who is quivering in fear? You.

Wrong, the people who oppose the Ground Zero Mosque never asked the government for anything.

They have only used the power of public pressure...which the left has attacked over and over and over SPECIFICALLY as denying them their rights.

I'll link to it if you'd like to read it for yourself.

You can't have it both ways.
I qualified everything I said in terms like 'Speaking for myself, an avowed Lefty' and 'Again, speaking as an avowed Lefty'.

Don't tell me I'm wrong.

Fair enough...you were not wrong speaking only for yourself.

But this has been the Pro-Mosque mantra, if you speak out against the mosque you are a bigot and anti-constitutional rights.

I haven't seen you speak out against this tactic, if I missed it feel free to enlighten me.

Anyone has a right to speak out, even a bigot on the right or left, and all have the right to expose bigotry and hypocrisy.

I qualified everything I said in terms like 'Speaking for myself, an avowed Lefty' and 'Again, speaking as an avowed Lefty'.

Don't tell me I'm wrong.

Fair enough...you were not wrong speaking only for yourself.

But this has been the Pro-Mosque mantra, if you speak out against the mosque you are a bigot and anti-constitutional rights.

I haven't seen you speak out against this tactic, if I missed it feel free to enlighten me.

Anyone has a right to speak out, even a bigot on the right or left, and all have the right to expose bigotry and hypocrisy.
I prefer to defend America aginst those who support the enemy

It is simply a statement of attention starved people still believing that their God is better than the other guys... it doesn't get much dumber than this...

It is simply a statement of attention starved people still believing that their God is better than the other guys... it doesn't get much dumber than this...

No one could be further from the truth then you are. It's about control. Muslims want this Muslims want that.

If they do not get what they want they kill.

bigreb wants this, bigreb wants that. Hypocrisy. No, shari'a does not have a chance here, and anyone who pretends that it is a threat here is either ignorant, mentally feeble, or malignantly motivated.

The Muslim radicals who politicize their cause will always find something to stir the pot over. If it's not the book burning, then it's the anti-mosque protest in New York, or it's the fact that the United States doesn't officially observe Ramadan, or it's the fact that Hollywood portrays Muslims as terrorists in the movie "Green Zone." It's gonna be something!

I'm surprised that General Petraeus commented on it one way or the other. The smart thing to do would have been to just ignore the whole issue because it really doesn't have any bearing on military operations. The Muslim militants will attack US troops because they are determined to do so. They don't need some wacko in Florida to inspire them. They will find some reason, any reason, to justify their attacks. Petraeus should be smart enough to know that.

It does have a bearing on military operations. The reason why he commented is because he is seeing an increase in hostility to American troops in Afghanistan directly. There is cause and effect. Yes, Muslim radicals will always want to attack us, but not every single Muslim extremist is going to attack at every single second. Everyone has a tipping point, and demonstrations of intolerant hostility - which is what these braindead rednecks burning Korans are doing - will push many more over the edge to think it is now worthy of risking their lives by trying to kill American troops.

This planned book burning recalls similar events staged by the Nazis.
See Books burn as Goebbels speaks

If they were to concede now and cancel the book burning, the terrorists win.

True story. :thup:

Bullshit.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too damn funny!

Douchecannon here thinks that the way to beat the terrorists is to surrender our freedom here at home and cower like pussies. WOW, just fucking WOW!

The Muslim radicals who politicize their cause will always find something to stir the pot over. If it's not the book burning, then it's the anti-mosque protest in New York, or it's the fact that the United States doesn't officially observe Ramadan, or it's the fact that Hollywood portrays Muslims as terrorists in the movie "Green Zone." It's gonna be something!

I'm surprised that General Petraeus commented on it one way or the other. The smart thing to do would have been to just ignore the whole issue because it really doesn't have any bearing on military operations. The Muslim militants will attack US troops because they are determined to do so. They don't need some wacko in Florida to inspire them. They will find some reason, any reason, to justify their attacks. Petraeus should be smart enough to know that.

It does have a bearing on military operations. The reason why he commented is because he is seeing an increase in hostility to American troops in Afghanistan directly. There is cause and effect. Yes, Muslim radicals will always want to attack us, but not every single Muslim extremist is going to attack at every single second. Everyone has a tipping point, and demonstrations of intolerant hostility - which is what these braindead rednecks burning Korans are doing - will push many more over the edge to think it is now worthy of risking their lives by trying to kill American troops.

See Books burn as Goebbels speaks

Damn Mulims doing exactly what the nazis did.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLvP2jTVq8]YouTube - Nazi-Muslim SS Division[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJqsSu1vmU&feature=related]YouTube - ARAB/NAZI COLLABORATION IN WWII[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-jLx-7Z04&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back