Petraeus Says Florida Church Koran Burning Threatens Troops

Read what General Petraeus said in the OP.

I don't need to.
His comments DIRECTLY oppose the very concept that Islam is a religion of peace. And you know it.

No, I'm sure you don't need to. Why bother reading anything that might contradict what you believe? I'm sure your mind is made up and nothing would ever possibly change it.

Of course, outside of America, narrow-minded people see book burning and think all Americans are redneck idiots. And outside of Christendom, ignorant people see all American Christians as intolerant and hypocritical. Its no different than some Americans' views of the outside world.

And no, given that the typical playbook here is for you or someone of your ilk to make an accusation of moral equivalence, just let me pre-empt that book burning and beheading are not equal, and that those who would try to kill Americans should be wiped out.

edit

How many Christians have threatened to kill you for saying that? You can walk into any church in America and say that without having to worry about being killed, but I bet you will not say the same thing about Islam in a mosque in Mecca.

That is how you know what intolerance really is, not by your artificial definition that makes someone intolerant simply because they do not agree with your tripe.

Last edited:
I happen to SUPPORT the 1st Amendment. Why don't you? What kind of American admits that in fear he would deny other Americans their rights under the Constitution and then asks if those willing to see that Constitutional rights are upheld are some how unAmerican.

I don't want to limit your rights to speak freely, in te privacy of your own nation.

But everything you post online is available to be read worldwide.

And quite frankly, during times of war your rights are duly subject to being limited.

Why are you intentionally offering comfort and support to our enemy that you pretend to oppose?

Read what General Petraeus said in the OP.

I don't need to. His comments DIRECTLY oppose the very concept that Islam is a religion of peace. And you know it.

Maybe you should be aware that already 500 Afghan protesters gathered in Kabul today yelling "death to America" throwing stones at US convoys and reacting to messages from this priest to wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

There is no doubt that this FL protest may ignite a backlash among not only Afghanis and Pakis but the greater ME Muslim pop that threatens our troops and our mission.

So wake the fuck up and see what is already happening.

Everything isn't about YOU!

Apparently it is about you.

You do not realize it, but you just made the case for these idiots to burn the Qur'an a lot stronger than it would be if this was not happening.

And you probably think you did the opposite.

I get it, you think we should appease our enemies.

No you clearly don't get it.

Apparently YOU don't have kids in the warzone.

Now kindly listen to Gen Pat and stfu before you help get somebody killed so you can make some sophomoric political point that means nothing to anybody.

Remind us again how you support removing basic Constitutional rights out of fear. Fear of a religion you claim is peaceful.

Remind me again how you prefer providing comfort and support to our enemy so you can make some childish point in front of the whole world.

I don't need to. His comments DIRECTLY oppose the very concept that Islam is a religion of peace. And you know it.

Maybe you should be aware that already 500 Afghan protesters gathered in Kabul today yelling "death to America" throwing stones at US convoys and reacting to messages from this priest to wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

There is no doubt that this FL protest may ignite a backlash among not only Afghanis and Pakis but the greater ME Muslim pop that threatens our troops and our mission.

Everything isn't about YOU!

Apparently it is about you.

You do not realize it, but you just made the case for these idiots to burn the Qur'an a lot stronger than it would be if this was not happening.

And you probably think you did the opposite.

I will betcha $5 that you don't think, ever.

I happen to SUPPORT the 1st Amendment. Why don't you? What kind of American admits that in fear he would deny other Americans their rights under the Constitution and then asks if those willing to see that Constitutional rights are upheld are some how unAmerican.

I don't want to limit your rights to speak freely, in te privacy of your own nation.

And quite frankly, during times of war your rights are duly subject to being limited.

Why are you intentionally offering comfort and support to our enemy that you pretend to oppose?

Sorry retard but the 1st Amendment is not limited to only inside the Country. I have the right to be published anywhere in the world that wants to allow it or wants to see it. And since THE BURNING is occurring INSIDE the US you are advocating removing the pastors right his 1st Amendment protections. All because YOU fear MUSLIMS. You remember, Islam the religion of PEACE?

I get it, I totally misread the 1st Amendment.

We have freedom of speech, as long as no one outside of the United States can possibly read, or hear, what we say. thanks for clearing that up for me.

If they were to concede now and cancel the book burning, the terrorists win.

True story. :thup:

Bullshit.

If they cancel the book burning now we may stand some chance of winning the WAR in Afghanistan.

Apparently the fact that tens of thousands are dying every few months and our wealth is being wasted abroad hasn't trickled down to this thread yet.

This thread amounts to skinheads pissing on our troop's graves and claiming the first amendment as an excuse.

Sorry retard but the 1st Amendment is not limited to only inside the Country. I have the right to be published anywhere in the world that wants to allow it or wants to see it. And since THE BURNING is occurring INSIDE the US you are advocating removing the pastors right his 1st Amendment protections. All because YOU fear MUSLIMS. You remember, Islam the religion of PEACE?

You don't have the right to yell "FIRE" inside a theater either.

Or to yell "gimme all the cash" inside a bank.

Since when is burning a book free speech anyway?

BTW do you have any idea what alien and sedition acts are, Hanoi Jane?

You are a disgrace to the Country. You would demand the Government curtail free speech ( and yes burning books by private citizens is free speech) to APPEASE our mortal enemies. All because YOU are afraid of them.

Do you?

The alien acts allowed the president to deport any alien who was considered dangerous to the peace of the united states, and there were actually two of them. One for aliens of friendly countries, and another for aliens of countries we were at war with. Both of them expired long ago, and would not apply to the pastor even if they had not.

The sedition act prohibited speech that was false, scandalous, and malicious against the government, or its officials. Again, this has expired, and it would not apply to the pastor because all he is trying to do is burn a few books.

Since you obviously do not know what they are, you cannot possibly call anyone else for their lack of knowledge. Run along home and let the adults have a conversation without having to listen to the children yapping.

Worse than a chihuahua.

Do you have any idea?

The Sedition Act expired on March 3, 1801, coinciding with the end of the Adams administration. While this prevented its constitutionality from being directly decided by the Supreme Court, subsequent mentions of the Sedition Act in Supreme Court opinions have assumed that it would be ruled unconstitutional if ever tested in court. For example, in the seminal free speech case of New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, the Court declared, "Although the Sedition Act was never tested in this Court, the attack upon its validity has carried the day in the court of history." 376 U.S. 254, 276 (1964). In a concurring opinion in Watts v. United States, which involved an alleged threat against President Lyndon Johnson, William O. Douglas noted, "The Alien and Sedition Laws constituted one of our sorriest chapters; and I had thought we had done with them forever ... Suppression of speech as an effective police measure is an old, old device, outlawed by our Constitution."[2]
Wiki

Look and learn before you post.:eusa_whistle:

I have to wonder what does someone that does this hope to accomplish. Can't they see that the only possible result is stirring up hatred among those that we have to depend on in this war.
Really Stupid!!

I dont want to have to depend on an allie whose loyalty is based on the length of their bread.
Lets call off the war until they can figure out who the enemy is and why.
Ok, let's call off the war. Assume you are President with the full backing of Congress. You can do damn well whatever you want to deal with this this menace. What would you?
What I have been doing

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/131918-what-menace.html#post2705453

Stop it. Muslims will stop at nothing until their goals are met. Will you allow this to happen?
It's the right of that church to burn those books on their proprety. Or do you wish to start Sharia Law in America?

I prescribe Zoloft for this condition most of the time.

In your case I may recommend you DO drink alcohol and operate heavy machinery as well.

I prescribe a bullet to the head for your condition, I suggest you use it. un-American pathetic piece of shit

OH... GEE... we sure don't want to ignite a backlash, do we. Oh fuck no... they might actually try and do something STUPID, like FLY PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTERS AND KILL 3,000+ PEOPLE... oh wait, THEY ALREADY DID THAT, and that was LONG before any of their stupid fucking books got burnt.

No, I think YOU are the one that needs to wake the fuck up moron. These cock suckers want to KILL EVERY LAST FUCKING MOTHER'S SONS OF US whether we burn their stinking koran or not, so I don't give a flying FUCK if they whine about their bull shit book getting burnt.

and you call yourself a veteran?

Endangering the lives of US service men and women and endangering our national mission so you can make an adolescent political point is akin to being an enemy of our state.

Do you GET IT, or are you too far gone?

Jeees!

You cannot appease these dipshits, or haven't you noticed that? obama just endangered the lives of 50,000 service men and women for political points. I don't hear you complaining about that.

You are proof that survival of the fittest is nothing but bullshit, because your attitude is about as anti survival as it is possible to get.

Yes, that's right. General Patraeus isn't about survival.

Well done. Good logic. Soundly reasoned.

I guess General Patraeus isn't a real American.

General Petreaus is about the safety of his men. That does not mean he is worried about the extra danger, just that he is aware of it. He is also aware of the culture over there, and how they are a bunch of whining assholes.

From the OP's link.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Unlike the author of the headline for this article, I do not presume to think that means he condemns the burning of the Koran. He is commenting on the culture over there, as are the other officers quoted. Guess what, we do not run this country based on the idea of not offending people. I know a lot of progressives want to change that, and to give victims of imaginary slights the power to control other people's speech, but we have not deteriorated that far.

Just because you are willing to give fear power over your life does not mean everyone is. I could be wrong about this, but my guess is that Gen. Petraeus is not the type to allow someone to hold a gun to his head, and neither are any of the people under his command. So I continue to say, fuck those idiots that want to kill me because I am not afraid of them.

:clap2:

I can understand that someone who wants to kill a billion men, women and children because of their religion may have a few cognitive problems grasping simple concepts, but its a stretch to say that General Petraeus supports terrorists. Or is this what passes as "thought" on the extreme right these days?

Are you some king of bigot who doesn't understand the difference between a religion and the people who follow it? I do not want to kill a billion people, I want to wipe Islam, as it exists today, off the face of the Earth. Islam is the problem, not Muslims. I fully believe that if we can eliminate the dogma that Islam is the master religion, and that any insult or questioning of it is punishable by death, the remaining Muslims will be content to live with the world the way it is, get rich, and send their daughters off to school.

That will not happen if we allow Islam to threaten us and cause us to give up our freedoms.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Islam and the extremist who follow it.

Wait, let me get this right? The PEACEFUL religion of Islam may go up in flames across the globe because someone burns a Koran? Keep proving my point dumb ass.

you got it wrong. The peace keeping US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan may go up in flames because some anti American tard wants to make some juvenile political statement directly at odds with our mission in Afghanistan.

Do you want to win this war or become the new "Hanoi Jane"?

Are you with America or against us?

I anxiously await your response.

There is no peace in Iraq or Afghanistan, as long as they are fighting.

Forum List

Back