Petition by OP to have a thread closed

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Should an OP have the right to seek permission to have threads closed that they've initiated and put time and effort in? Certain subjects and obsessed posters have a way of not only hijacking a thread, but also of taking a thread waaay off topic and inevitably into a private pissing contest that truly belongs in the Flame Zone.

Dante used to always take his battles into a Flame Zone, yet certain subjects or obsessed posters cannot or will not let it go.

Ideas? Staff input? Seriously...

dD
:cool:
Dante

Last edited:
OP's have the right to request their threads closed. We oblige :)

That reminds me... I need to get some of my drunken tirades closed ASAP.

I can't seem to get my Scooter up those 12 steps. :eusa_shhh:

chair.jpg

I was on a vBulletin forum years ago where the thread starter could close and reopen his thread at will. After a while, they figured out it wasn't such a good idea.

I was on a vBulletin forum years ago where the thread starter could close and reopen his thread at will. After a while, they figured out it wasn't such a good idea.

Thanks for giving support to Dante's request and the staff response. And thank gawd Dante wasn't suggesting a repeat of your experiences.

btw, Dante has had threads hijacked and not petitioned. One would assume that reasonable and rational people with long experience on forums/message boards know exactly what Dante was referring to

We actually do it in the Bull Ring...do what Dante referred to, not the non issue you raised

Forum List

Back