Peter Schiff Confronts OWS Protesters

They have absolutely no idea.
I would wager at least 90% of the people within earshot of him are paying no income taxes at all.
I love it when the lady said "you should be paying your share" - but couldn't tell him what that should be, and never answered his question "how do you know I'm not?"
"I guarantee I pay more in taxes than everyone around me combined and I employ 150 people - I'm not doing my share??"

Remeinds me of the cacaphony of harebrained arguments we read here.

People not speaking to each other but past each another.

It's nice to see a self made entrepreneur like Peter Schiff push back and confront these people. Not surprising, they aren't even able to answer the questions he throws at them.

But they are Time magazines Pick of the year.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...-partiers-ows-and-middle-east-protestors.html

So aren't teapartiers and middle east protestors and anyone else who might have protested something last year ;)

Peter is awesome.

What these people don't understand is they seem to want everyone to make, let’s say 65k a year, that would mean the boss makes that much too... But then they want an employer to have 2,000 workers and deal with let’s say 300,000,000 (million) a year. That's inventory, payroll, advertizing and so on... But just 1 "bad" year and they could lose let's say 10,000,000 million (that's not even bad really) and that company would overnight have to close its doors. Payroll alone at 65k for 2,000 employees would be well over 130 MILLION.

The reason we have what people perceive as "insane" or "unfair" profits is because when times get tuff how else would you come up with the capital to get by? Take on new massive debt just to keep your payroll going? How many people can you employee at 65k a year, this is what these people want, they don’t want “fair” they want controlled wealth…

I didn't even get into taxes.

Last edited:
It's nice to see a self made entrepreneur like Peter Schiff push back and confront these people. Not surprising, they aren't even able to answer the questions he throws at them.

I love when he says, "I help people. I employ 150 people, how many do you employ?" Then the woman has a blank face and say, "I wish I could!" What she isn't grasping is he could have done that by being over-taxed and over-regulated. It won't have worked.

Then when he explains that he gets taxed at 50%, they have no counter to that. If anyone things ANYONE should be taxed at a higher rate then 50%, then your immoral!

Peter is awesome.

What these people don't understand is they seem to want everyone to make, let’s say 65k a year, that would mean the boss makes that much too... But then they want an employer to have 2,000 workers and deal with let’s say 300,000,000 (million) a year. That's inventory, payroll, advertizing and so on... But just 1 "bad" year and they could lose let's say 10,000,000 million (that's not even bad really) and that company would overnight have to close its doors. Payroll alone at 65k for 2,000 employees would be well over 130 MILLION.

The reason we have what people perceive as "insane" or "unfair" profits is because when times get tuff how else would you come up with the capital to get by? Take on new massive debt just to keep your payroll going? How many people can you employee at 65k a year, this is what these people want, they don’t want “fair” they want controlled wealth…

I didn't even get into taxes.

Not to mention...if I could choose between $65k a year sweeping floors or $150k a year for the responsibility and pressure of running a company (a figure several OWS agree should be a maximum wage)...give me the broom. Who in the hell would go through the stress and extraordinary long hours to build a business if all you have to do is push a broom? And between two spouses that would be $140k a year.

OWS doesn't think. They speak in sound bytes and buzz words that they have heard thousands of times.

Peter Schiff has the patience of a monk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&feature=share]Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Street - YouTube[/ame]

What Peter shows here is what a number of us on this forum (that are mostly dreaded fiscal conservatives) - that there SHOULD be protest. Actually I wish there was protests 10 times the size of these guys. But this entire time they are protesting the wrong "street".
They should be called the "OPA's" - Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue.
These people were a total waste of time and cost to taxpayers everywhere.

Favorite quotes...

"We just want a home to live in, food on our table...that's all we want" :lol:
"What...you would close down the Board of Education??...how could we have schools without them?" :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back