Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

Federal assets are fighting the fires. But back to the topic, this is just one of the many shortcomings of Mr. Perry.

“While everyone has worked feverishly to save lives and property, I am greatly concerned by the cumbersome protocols in place for requesting assistance,” McCaul said. “In my estimation they prevented fire fighting assets from being utilized, even when fires were at zero percent containment and people were desperate.

“Help should be a phone call away, not an act of Congress.”

Brenham Banner-Press > Archives > News > Fire fighting planes to stay in Texas

So are they there or not?

get the hell out of the way. no enviro laws. no workers protections! yay for america! corporate america will now send you a penny for sticking your head up their butt! and they might say thank you if they have the time. dont expect to be invited to any of their PARTIES. they think sheep smell bad.

Nobody is suggesting that we have no environmental laws and no protections for workers. Maybe it is the voices in your head?

well, what do YOU think corporate america wants? you dont think they arent trying to get those laws off the books? hahahahahah! here's a new word for you to go look up...its...LOBBYISTS!

why do YOU think corporate america sends jobs overseas. why...there's no regs over there...they CAN pollute...they CAN pay workers lousy wages and no worker protections! You dont REMEMBER corporate america fighting tooth and nail every reg they were faced with, usually because they WERE polluting and treating employees like crap!

you are talking about entinties that receive GOVERMENT BAILOUTS! you are defending folks that have no loyalty to our country! Your sir, are no conservative! you are a nannied, corporate apologist, who loves the easy life corporate america "gives" you, thus you allowing and ignoring the fact that corportae america now owns the great american experiment called liberty our great founding fathers gave us. they own our government. theyu have turned the government into a business itself.

crazy and sad.

Corporations in this country are the HIGHEST taxed in the world. They are also the most REGULATED. Regulation--often times OVER regulation is what sends business overseas.

As a matter of FACT the biggest road block we have to GREEN ENERGY in this country is the EPA. Now they're complaining about wind mills killing birds. They wouldn't let a single transmission wind mill power line go through a national forest--so that project was stopped. They wouldn't let California build two HYDRO powered dams--because the mitzi mouse lived there--etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Okay, I have to give Perry a pass on that one. You outfit your Operations folks with everything you think they'll need (or you should anyway). So I wouldn't be surprised if, in some cases, the guys on the ground, purchased some items out of pocket. I remember during desert storm, a lot of the military men and women didn't like the boots they were given so they bought some designed to thwart the sands of Kuwait.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an oversight by the Planning Branch but also wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was a "gametime" decision.

Some items?

In Rick Perry's Texas, Firefighters Forced To Pay For Gear, Engine Fuel

The state's first responders have also had to deal with budget cuts affecting everything from fuel purchases to hoses and air tanks.

In some cases, fire officials say, firefighters have had to pay out of pocket for basic necessities like proper protective gear and fuel to get them to the scene.

That's an HP article so it might need corroboration but .... what is a conservative governor in a drought-prone state supposed to be spending money on if not making sure that the public servants who protect life and limb are ready to serve?

Wow, that is shocking...I'm sure his defenders will question it being in the Huffington post because if it's in there, we all know it can't be true...right?

I was just assuming they were buying stuff like toothpaste and maybe some food. :(:eek:

I don't even wanna imagine the volume of vasiline allocated to firefighters in Massachusetts.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

Did you see that focus group on Hannity the other night after the debate? All those "former" Perry supporters? When asked if Perry could beat Obama--there were "gasp'sss" in the crowd--and one lady stated basically that Obama would run over Perry in any debate.

Meaning Perry would never beat Obama in the general election. Perry just doesn't have the debate skills- to even come close in matching a cool-smooth-constant campaigner in Obama.

I agree. At least he recognizes that he is a bad debater- he is warning conservatives not to vote for "the best debater".

Reality speaks and if you are not a good debator and can't debate Obama you need to jump off now. Most of the population who are not into politics pay attention to the debates and if you can't debate and do a good showing you are toast with the electorate. That's a fact, it's an unfortunate fact, but still a fact none-the-less.

Most people are not political junkies, therefore they rely heavily on the debates for information and if you can't convey your message during the debate and get your points across, you are done. Rick Perry should know that, but he should have known that he needs to come up with a detailed economic job's plan and he has yet to do that too.

Last edited:
800 fucking million to be exact, that's wiy liberals shouldn't be in charge of money.

that's WHY?:cuckoo:

because I was off on what some clown named Romney makes? well, shucks jimbob, did you invent logic? hahahahahha

I love politics...you meet the smartest people ever!

It just shows you swallow the swill and don't know your facts. You would vote against a billionaire,, when that's exactly what you voted into power with the obie/soros ticket. get a clue whydonchya?

I dont remember anyone being in the voting booth with me! (I hate folks who tell me what I "did") (I also hate folks who defend actions by saying...well, you guys did it too)

I have no clue why you keep forcing this guy named SOROS down my throat. he's nothing on my radar. I do NOT support him or anything. and that's YOUR excuse of maybe why YOU'RE supporting a horrible rich dude the MEDIA has rammed down our throats? Romney is HORRIBLE! he cant represent you! he has NO CLUE of what average americans go thru! why do we KEEP ELECTING these rich folks who arent like average americans in anyway to REPRESENT us? how can they?

Not a flippant attitude; just stating that if you want to be President and you can't control fire in your own state, you may want to re-think your ambitions. For the purposes of this thread, I think his politicizing it earlier this month called attention to his budget cuts of the fire department--guys having to pay out of pocket for stuff--and his ability as a manager. I mean, shit...10 months.

Yeah.... 10 months with NO help.

You C**T

One of two DC-10s and half of the military’s fleet of eight C-130s are now indefinitely stationed in Texas to fight wildfires, National Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell assured U.S. Michael McCaul after McCaul expressed deep concerns about delayed response to wildfires that burned more than 34,000 acres in Bastrop County.

The Forest Service committed to keep the DC-10 and C-130s stationed at Austin Bergstrom International Airport for the foreseeable future while fire danger remains high, according to McCaul’s office.

Looks like federal involvement to me. Just the big-government solution you're supposed to hate.

get the hell out of the way. no enviro laws. no workers protections! yay for america! corporate america will now send you a penny for sticking your head up their butt! and they might say thank you if they have the time. dont expect to be invited to any of their PARTIES. they think sheep smell bad.

Nobody is suggesting that we have no environmental laws and no protections for workers. Maybe it is the voices in your head?

well, what do YOU think corporate america wants? you dont think they arent trying to get those laws off the books? hahahahahah! here's a new word for you to go look up...its...LOBBYISTS!

why do YOU think corporate america sends jobs overseas. why...there's no regs over there...they CAN pollute...they CAN pay workers lousy wages and no worker protections! You dont REMEMBER corporate america fighting tooth and nail every reg they were faced with, usually because they WERE polluting and treating employees like crap!

you are talking about entinties that receive GOVERMENT BAILOUTS! you are defending folks that have no loyalty to our country! Your sir, are no conservative! you are a nannied, corporate apologist, who loves the easy life corporate america "gives" you, thus you allowing and ignoring the fact that corportae america now owns the great american experiment called liberty our great founding fathers gave us. they own our government. theyu have turned the government into a business itself.

crazy and sad.

YOU ever heard of SOLYNDRA????? moron.:lol::lol::lol:

that's WHY?:cuckoo:

because I was off on what some clown named Romney makes? well, shucks jimbob, did you invent logic? hahahahahha

I love politics...you meet the smartest people ever!

It just shows you swallow the swill and don't know your facts. You would vote against a billionaire,, when that's exactly what you voted into power with the obie/soros ticket. get a clue whydonchya?

I dont remember anyone being in the voting booth with me! (I hate folks who tell me what I "did") (I also hate folks who defend actions by saying...well, you guys did it too)

I have no clue why you keep forcing this guy named SOROS down my throat. he's nothing on my radar. I do NOT support him or anything. and that's YOUR excuse of maybe why YOU'RE supporting a horrible rich dude the MEDIA has rammed down our throats? Romney is HORRIBLE! he cant represent you! he has NO CLUE of what average americans go thru! why do we KEEP ELECTING these rich folks who arent like average americans in anyway to REPRESENT us? how can they?

whiney little punk ass liberal.. george soros is the billionaire buddy of obie doodle and that's who the fuck you voted for and now you want to wage class warfare against billionaires??? why don't you cryusafuckingriver?

One of two DC-10s and half of the military’s fleet of eight C-130s are now indefinitely stationed in Texas to fight wildfires, National Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell assured U.S. Michael McCaul after McCaul expressed deep concerns about delayed response to wildfires that burned more than 34,000 acres in Bastrop County.

The Forest Service committed to keep the DC-10 and C-130s stationed at Austin Bergstrom International Airport for the foreseeable future while fire danger remains high, according to McCaul’s office.

Looks like federal involvement to me. Just the big-government solution you're supposed to hate.

One plane.....!

and besides,

WE PAY TAXES HERE IN TEXAS TOO YA JACKASS!

Debating you is like talking to my dog.

Now go lick your ass "bitch".

whiney little punk ass liberal.. george soros is the billionaire buddy of obie doodle and that's who the fuck you voted for and now you want to wage class warfare against billionaires??? why don't you cryusafuckingriver?
I wonder how the former NAZI Soros would feel about that?

yay for willow! great post dude!

I love bringing out the real side of repubs. they act like they know stuff but when it comes down to it, it's these kinds of insult filled posts are really what they are all about. I expect in the future our "debates" wiull ALWAYS degenerate to a Rush Limbaugh level of insults! awesome! your guru rush taught you well. I always knew there was a reason all right wing pundits are generally rude, divisive and attack dogs. because they do speak for a "certain" segment of society, in this case, YOU!:lol:

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

Massachusetts under Romney was 47th lowest in the country in job creation.

Only three states were worse.

While Texas under Perry created more jobs than the other 49 state COMBINED.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."

Perry had a full house of ACE'S with no opposition. Texas is an oil and gas state. A republican legislature is going to be 100% growth when it comes to energy. No one in Texas is going to argue that.

Romney on the other hand had to deal with a MAJORITY of liberals and democrats who are primarily anti--business--high taxes--and spend spend spend.

You're comparing apples to oranges-&-you're not winning this argument.

Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

It's all about the economy, stupid.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

Except, before Perry, and during his First term, Democrats controlled at least one house of the Texas Legislature:So Perry not only began his unprecedented run of job creation under split houses in the legislature, very similar to what we might expect in the US Congress 2012, he also helped make incredible gains for Republicans in the Legislature as Governor.

The domination of the Texas legislature by Republicans was, at least in part, attributable to Perry's leadership.

Even the 2008 Democratic tide wasn't strong enough to sweep Republicans from power in Texas.

I agree, Perry is not a strong debater, but I think Obama has proven that a great speaker does not a great president make.

I also agree that it is counter productive to in fight...but I have gotten tired of seeing one Perry knocking thread after another started by Republican/Conservatives.

I figured a taste of their own medicine might be just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:

I wonder how the former NAZI Soros would feel about that?

Well, I certainly hope you spend the rest of your day pondering such useful and helpful info. I'm sure it is rewarding.:cuckoo:

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."

Perry had a full house of ACE'S with no opposition. Texas is an oil and gas state. A republican legislature is going to be 100% growth when it comes to energy. No one in Texas is going to argue that.

Romney on the other hand had to deal with a MAJORITY of liberals and democrats who are primarily anti--business--high taxes--and spend spend spend.

Don't believe everything Mitt Romney says...see above.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...mney-leads-new-gallop-poll-3.html#post4185185

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

Except, before Perry, and during his First term, Democrats controlled at least one house of the Texas Legislature:

So Perry not only began his unprecedented run of job creation under split houses in the legislature.

Very similar to what we might expect in the US Congress 2012.

And the domination of the Texas legislature by Republican was engineered by Perry.

Even the 2008 Democratic tide wasn't strong enough to sweep Republicans from power in Texas.

I agree, Perry is not a strong debater, but I think Obama has proven that a great speaker does not a great president make.

I also agree that it is counter productive to in fight...but I have gotten tired of seeing one Perry knocking thread after another started by Republican/Conservatives.

you really think debating skills are NOT an indicator of good of a president one will make?:clap2:

gee, that's genius!

Except, before Perry, and during his First term, Democrats controlled at least one house of the Texas Legislature:

So Perry not only began his unprecedented run of job creation under split houses in the legislature.

Very similar to what we might expect in the US Congress 2012.

And the domination of the Texas legislature by Republican was engineered by Perry.

The ONLY way a DEMOCRAT can win an election is the state of TEXAS--is if they're a CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT.

Chuckie Schumer--wouldn't have a snow-balls chance in Haitti of winning in Texas.

For instance-our southern states are predominately registered democrats--yet they will vote for conservatives--including in Texas. They are called Bow Wevils in Reagan's era--and now are commonly referred to as Blue Dogs.

Did you see that focus group on Hannity the other night after the debate? All those "former" Perry supporters? When asked if Perry could beat Obama--there were "gasp'sss" in the crowd--and one lady stated basically that Obama would run over Perry in any debate.

Meaning Perry would never beat Obama in the general election. Perry just doesn't have the debate skills- to even come close in matching a cool-smooth-constant campaigner in Obama.

I agree. At least he recognizes that he is a bad debater- he is warning conservatives not to vote for "the best debater".

It's not the conservative republicans who are going to determine the outcome of this election, it is the fiscal conservative independents plus the conservative Republicans that will. Conservative Republicans can't do it on their own, there are not enough of us. The consevative independents LOVE Romney, this poll was done not as a Republican or Democrat poll but as a poll representing registered voters and it's at 62% Romney. That's a landslide win for us, we go with any other candidate at this point and we could lose the general election to a second term Obama win. Then we lose our country and all this will be meaningless, should Obama win a second term.

Last edited:

Don't believe everything Mitt Romney says...see above.

A rich media invented professional politician like Romney? I'm WAYYYYY ahead of you on that score!! hahahahahahaha

Forum List

Back