Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

More Voters Considering Romney Than Obama, Perry

Sixty-two percent would definitely vote for Romney or consider doing so
PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

The honeymoon is over for Rick Perry, just as it is for Obama.

Romney has a detailed job's plan that takes 4 hours just to scan, he supports Ryan's cut, cap and balance plan. He will repeal Obama care on day one if we win enough seats in the senate or he will issue a mandate for all states to stop implementation of Obama care on day one. He will repeal the Dodd/ Frank bill that has tied the hands of our lenders, stifling growth.

He has spent most of his life in the private sector and he HAS CREATED thousands of jobs.

He supports Reagan's stance on trade, he is a free trader but it has to be fair. Keep in mind that Reagan created 20 million new jobs and Romney is following his lead on this.

He has a dual degree from Harvard in Law and an MBA in BUSINESS.

And most importantly --- he is the candidate who will make Obama a one term President.

If electing a liberal is what this comes down too. Third party. Again.

Go for it---:lol::lol: More and more democrats are calling for Obama to be challenged for the nomination--hey I am O.K. with Ralph Nader jumping in here.

Anybody that votes 3rd party in the next election is out of touch with reality. With all that is at stake and to risk electing Obama because of your vote just so you can make a statement is selfish and nuts. Especially if you consider yourself a conservative.

Yeah it's better than tripling it.

Apparently he held the line on firefighting since nobody is putting out fire in Texas nowadays.

We are handling it just fine, no thanks to the Federal Gov't.

Wonder if you'd have the same flippant attitude if your community was in a severe drought and on fire :up_yours:

It would depend on the race of the community.

As long as Shiela Jackson Lee's district doesn't catch fire....who cares?

It is smack dab in the middle of Houston, doubt that will happen..... she is an embarrassment BTW :redface:

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

Massachusetts under Romney was 47th lowest in the country in job creation.

Only three states were worse.

While Texas under Perry created more jobs than the other 49 state COMBINED.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."
missed this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4185061-post51.html

Yes, I did...sorry Zander. :redface:

Apparently he held the line on firefighting since nobody is putting out fire in Texas nowadays.

Seriously.

I saw a report which said that firefighter have had to buy their equipment out of pocket? Was that accurate?

Okay, I have to give Perry a pass on that one. You outfit your Operations folks with everything you think they'll need (or you should anyway). So I wouldn't be surprised if, in some cases, the guys on the ground, purchased some items out of pocket. I remember during desert storm, a lot of the military men and women didn't like the boots they were given so they bought some designed to thwart the sands of Kuwait.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an oversight by the Planning Branch but also wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was a "gametime" decision.

Some items?

In Rick Perry's Texas, Firefighters Forced To Pay For Gear, Engine Fuel

The state's first responders have also had to deal with budget cuts affecting everything from fuel purchases to hoses and air tanks.

In some cases, fire officials say, firefighters have had to pay out of pocket for basic necessities like proper protective gear and fuel to get them to the scene.

That's an HP article so it might need corroboration but .... what is a conservative governor in a drought-prone state supposed to be spending money on if not making sure that the public servants who protect life and limb are ready to serve?

Seriously.

I saw a report which said that firefighter have had to buy their equipment out of pocket? Was that accurate?

Yes... we have gotten NO help from the feds.

We are taking up donations and what ever else people are willing to help out with.

FUCK Candyass!
Federal assets are fighting the fires. But back to the topic, this is just one of the many shortcomings of Mr. Perry.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

get the hell out of the way. no enviro laws. no workers protections! yay for america! corporate america will now send you a penny for sticking your head up their butt! and they might say thank you if they have the time. dont expect to be invited to any of their PARTIES. they think sheep smell bad.

Nobody is suggesting that we have no environmental laws and no protections for workers. Maybe it is the voices in your head?

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."

I did..... you didnt see it?

The yobs are mostly low paying "yobs Americans wont do"..... Im being sarcastic, but there is a great deal of truth to it.

They mostly went to illegals.

Guess how many cities in Texas are sanctuary cities as well. Thats something he CAN fix, and has refused to do.

Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

It's all about the economy, stupid.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

Did you see that focus group on Hannity the other night after the debate? All those "former" Perry supporters? When asked if Perry could beat Obama--there were "gasp'sss" in the crowd--and one lady stated basically that Obama would run over Perry in any debate.

Meaning Perry would never beat Obama in the general election. Perry just doesn't have the debate skills- to even come close in matching a cool-smooth-constant campaigner in Obama.

Last edited:
Seriously.

Okay, I have to give Perry a pass on that one. You outfit your Operations folks with everything you think they'll need (or you should anyway). So I wouldn't be surprised if, in some cases, the guys on the ground, purchased some items out of pocket. I remember during desert storm, a lot of the military men and women didn't like the boots they were given so they bought some designed to thwart the sands of Kuwait.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an oversight by the Planning Branch but also wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was a "gametime" decision.

Some items?

In Rick Perry's Texas, Firefighters Forced To Pay For Gear, Engine Fuel

The state's first responders have also had to deal with budget cuts affecting everything from fuel purchases to hoses and air tanks.

In some cases, fire officials say, firefighters have had to pay out of pocket for basic necessities like proper protective gear and fuel to get them to the scene.

That's an HP article so it might need corroboration but .... what is a conservative governor in a drought-prone state supposed to be spending money on if not making sure that the public servants who protect life and limb are ready to serve?

Wow, that is shocking...I'm sure his defenders will question it being in the Huffington post because if it's in there, we all know it can't be true...right?

I was just assuming they were buying stuff like toothpaste and maybe some food. :(:eek:

We are handling it just fine, no thanks to the Federal Gov't.

Wonder if you'd have the same flippant attitude if your community was in a severe drought and on fire :up_yours:

The other day you said you had to evacuate.

Well, I think we'd probably allocate the assets to put the fire out so we wouldn't have to evacuate. Espeically if it were going into it's 10th month of burning as it is in Texas.

Not a flippant attitude; just stating that if you want to be President and you can't control fire in your own state, you may want to re-think your ambitions. For the purposes of this thread, I think his politicizing it earlier this month called attention to his budget cuts of the fire department--guys having to pay out of pocket for stuff--and his ability as a manager. I mean, shit...10 months.

Federal assets are fighting the fires. But back to the topic, this is just one of the many shortcomings of Mr. Perry.

“While everyone has worked feverishly to save lives and property, I am greatly concerned by the cumbersome protocols in place for requesting assistance,” McCaul said. “In my estimation they prevented fire fighting assets from being utilized, even when fires were at zero percent containment and people were desperate.

“Help should be a phone call away, not an act of Congress.”

Brenham Banner-Press > Archives > News > Fire fighting planes to stay in Texas

big deal. I was off a few million! earth shattering! :)

800 fucking million to be exact, that's wiy liberals shouldn't be in charge of money.

that's WHY?:cuckoo:

because I was off on what some clown named Romney makes? well, shucks jimbob, did you invent logic? hahahahahha

I love politics...you meet the smartest people ever!

It just shows you swallow the swill and don't know your facts. You would vote against a billionaire,, when that's exactly what you voted into power with the obie/soros ticket. get a clue whydonchya?

get the hell out of the way. no enviro laws. no workers protections! yay for america! corporate america will now send you a penny for sticking your head up their butt! and they might say thank you if they have the time. dont expect to be invited to any of their PARTIES. they think sheep smell bad.

Nobody is suggesting that we have no environmental laws and no protections for workers. Maybe it is the voices in your head?

well, what do YOU think corporate america wants? you dont think they arent trying to get those laws off the books? hahahahahah! here's a new word for you to go look up...its...LOBBYISTS!

why do YOU think corporate america sends jobs overseas. why...there's no regs over there...they CAN pollute...they CAN pay workers lousy wages and no worker protections! You dont REMEMBER corporate america fighting tooth and nail every reg they were faced with, usually because they WERE polluting and treating employees like crap!

you are talking about entinties that receive GOVERMENT BAILOUTS! you are defending folks that have no loyalty to our country! Your sir, are no conservative! you are a nannied, corporate apologist, who loves the easy life corporate america "gives" you, thus you allowing and ignoring the fact that corportae america now owns the great american experiment called liberty our great founding fathers gave us. they own our government. theyu have turned the government into a business itself.

crazy and sad.

Did you see that focus group on Hannity the other night after the debate? All those "former" Perry supporters? When asked if Perry could beat Obama--there were "gasp'sss" in the crowd--and one lady stated basically that Obama would run over Perry in any debate.

Meaning Perry would never beat Obama in the general election. Perry just doesn't have the debate skills- to even come close in matching a cool-smooth-constant campaigner in Obama.

I agree. At least he recognizes that he is a bad debater- he is warning conservatives not to vote for "the best debater".

Anybody that votes 3rd party in the next election is out of touch with reality. With all that is at stake and to risk electing Obama because of your vote just so you can make a statement is selfish and nuts. Especially if you consider yourself a conservative.

No kidding, can you imagine, what Palin, Coulter, Rush, Hannity, Lavine and other top dogs would do to that person. They would be crucified by these people and would be lucky to live through the onslaught and be able to walk the streets during the day- light without being taken out. It would be political suicide to do that especially in this climate. They would be nuts to take this on.

Not a flippant attitude; just stating that if you want to be President and you can't control fire in your own state, you may want to re-think your ambitions. For the purposes of this thread, I think his politicizing it earlier this month called attention to his budget cuts of the fire department--guys having to pay out of pocket for stuff--and his ability as a manager. I mean, shit...10 months.

Yeah.... 10 months with NO help.

You C**T

Forum List

Back