Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

Massachusetts under Romney was 47th lowest in the country in job creation.

Only three states were worse.

While Texas under Perry created more jobs than the other 49 state COMBINED.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

Except, before Perry, and during his First term, Democrats controlled at least one house of the Texas Legislature:

So Perry not only began his unprecedented run of job creation under split houses in the legislature.

Very similar to what we might expect in the US Congress 2012.

And the domination of the Texas legislature by Republican was engineered by Perry.

Even the 2008 Democratic tide wasn't strong enough to sweep Republicans from power in Texas.

I agree, Perry is not a strong debater, but I think Obama has proven that a great speaker does not a great president make.

I also agree that it is counter productive to in fight...but I have gotten tired of seeing one Perry knocking thread after another started by Republican/Conservatives.

I figured a taste of their own medicine might be just what the doctor ordered.

You make some good points there.

Personally I don't dislike Rick Perry. If he is nominated I will vote for him. I prefer Romney. I think he's got the right combination of experience and demeanor for the job. I like all of the Republican candidates except Santorum (no real experience, uber socially conservative) and the democrat pretending to be a republican, John Huntsman.

too bad there arent better people on either side to vote for. heck I have friends that would be better than ALL the clowns the MEDIA has trotted out for us sheep americans to vote for. it's a joke anymore.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

Except, before Perry, and during his First term, Democrats controlled at least one house of the Texas Legislature:

So Perry not only began his unprecedented run of job creation under split houses in the legislature.

And the domination of the Texas legislature by Republican was engineered by Perry.

Even the 2008 Democratic tide wasn't strong enough to sweep Republicans from power in Texas.

I agree, Perry is not a strong debater, but I think Obama has proven that a great speaker does not a great president make.

I also agree that it is counter productive to in fight...but I have gotten tired of seeing one Perry knocking thread after another started by Republican/Conservatives.

you really think debating skills are NOT an indicator of good of a president one will make?:clap2:

gee, that's genius!

Well, he's right..... it has nothing to do with leadership skills what so ever.... look at Obama. He is the worst example of a leader I can think of at the moment.

He did OK in the debates (if ya count softball questions a good gauge)

you really think debating skills are NOT an indicator of good of a president one will make?:clap2:

gee, that's genius!

Well, he's right..... it has nothing to do with leadership skills what so ever.... look at Obama. He is the worst example of a leader I can think of at the moment.

Purposeful softballs...

gee, that's genius!

Purposeful softballs...

I know I have been a bit hard on Perry, but damn.... everybody is gunning for him in these debates.
That tells me has that special "Palin" something the rest of the field lack.

I say Perry/Palin..... that would be a good ticket :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
One of two DC-10s and half of the military’s fleet of eight C-130s are now indefinitely stationed in Texas to fight wildfires, National Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell assured U.S. Michael McCaul after McCaul expressed deep concerns about delayed response to wildfires that burned more than 34,000 acres in Bastrop County.

The Forest Service committed to keep the DC-10 and C-130s stationed at Austin Bergstrom International Airport for the foreseeable future while fire danger remains high, according to McCaul’s office.

Looks like federal involvement to me. Just the big-government solution you're supposed to hate.

One plane.....!

and besides,

WE PAY TAXES HERE IN TEXAS TOO YA JACKASS!

Debating you is like talking to my dog.

Now go lick your ass "bitch".

From your link...
"...half of the military’s fleet of eight C-130s "

Now we're to the point of talking about licking asses; obviously you've had yours handed to you so now you are resorting to your only trick; profanity.

Sad really.

Do you lose to your dog too when you debate?

bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Voters Considering Romney Than Obama, Perry

Sixty-two percent would definitely vote for Romney or consider doing so
PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

That's 62% people that's a landslide win over Obama. Think, get your emotions out of it, this is business.

Well Perry still shows up by 8 pts on RCP. Never underestimate the willingness of people to vote based on religion, CLAIMS of being a Conservative and nothing much of substance...

Purposeful softballs...

I know I have been a bit hard on Perry, but damn.... everybody is gunning for him in these debates.

I say CAIN/______________________... For you see? I am a onkie for Herman. I dig 9/9/9...which is a precursor to FAIRTAX...

Purposeful softballs...

Yeah, you should write that one in.

Purposeful softballs...

Yeah right---:lol::lol: If you want another 4 years of misery with Obama in office--that's the ticket you would want.

Rick Perry is no Sarah Palin--and after this scandal-- he's up to his neck in this drug executive order--Sarah Palin even called Perry out on it. She referred to it as croni-capitalism.

Last edited:

PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

That's 62% people that's a landslide win over Obama. Think, get your emotions out of it, this is business.

Well Perry still shows up by 8 pts on RCP. Never underestimate the willingness of people to vote based on religion, CLAIMS of being a Conservative and nothing much of substance...

I wouldn't be surprised if you see Joel Osteen on the campaign trail pretty soon.

I kind of wish perry would win. He would be more fun to beat in 2012. Beating a mormon is like beating a dead horse. Whats the fun in that?

Forum List

Back