Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

oh, great, a billionaire will represent ME! ha ha

and yeah...a BUSINESSMAN? Running the government as a business? awesome! hahahahaha!

no wonder our country is so screwed up. we DONT NEED BUSINESSMEN running our friggin country! our government IS NOT A BUSINESS!

he's not a billionaire asswipe. he's worth about 200 million. the billionaire running the country right now is george soros.. how's that working out for ya huh asswipe?

I love this board! no stupid mods stopping you from your childish insults which dont bother me at all, and that say more about you than me!! :)

well, you do happen to be the stupid one who said he was a billionaire,, is that correct? or is it knot?

Anti Tea-Party, Obama supporting Liberals prefer Romney, thanks for clearing that up.

According to you the "conservative" Perry doubled the state debt in Texas. So the fact that you want to have his love child means you are a liberal?

Only doubled?

Wow, I'm impressed: He's been governor for more than a decade, there's been a 20% increase in the population of TX.

In the same period, the population of the USA grew 9%, but the US budget deficit grew from nothing to 1.29 Trillion (2010)

Yeah it's better than tripling it.

Apparently he held the line on firefighting since nobody is putting out fire in Texas nowadays.

he's not a billionaire asswipe. he's worth about 200 million. the billionaire running the country right now is george soros.. how's that working out for ya huh asswipe?

I love this board! no stupid mods stopping you from your childish insults which dont bother me at all, and that say more about you than me!! :)

well, you do happen to be the stupid one who said he was a billionaire,, is that correct? or is it knot?

big deal. I was off a few million! earth shattering! :)

In 2008 Romney overwhelmingly carried my state in the straw poll and he is shaping up to do that again. We could not beleive that McCain won the nomination, it blew our minds, we are still scratching our heads about that one.

Huckabee was Romney's worst nightmare. If you think about it; Romney and McCain have a lot in common. Huckster was like an IED that would blow one way or the other. He hit Romney.

Romney is nothing like McCain. McCain is a career politician, no private sector business experience and certainly not fiscally conservative. Romney is all private sector business, little political except for 4 years as governor, HE has created thousands of private sector jobs, McCain never created one. No comparison there what-so-ever. I do see your point though, I would have never supported Huckabee, he is a nice guy, was a good governor, but he was too nice a guy and somehow I could not take him seriously.

I think you're not looking at the whole picture but you did point out some distinctions I hadn't considered.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

Massachusetts under Romney was 47th lowest in the country in job creation.

Only three states were worse.

While Texas under Perry created more jobs than the other 49 state COMBINED.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

Hate to break it to ya, but a ton of those "yobs" went to illegal criminal aliens.

I still like Perry, but his lack of teeth when it comes to border patrol drives me nuts!

Oh, you like your morons even more extreme?

they don't come any more extreme than your moron.

According to you the "conservative" Perry doubled the state debt in Texas. So the fact that you want to have his love child means you are a liberal?

Only doubled?

Wow, I'm impressed: He's been governor for more than a decade, there's been a 20% increase in the population of TX.

In the same period, the population of the USA grew 9%, but the US budget deficit grew from nothing to 1.29 Trillion (2010)

Apparently he held the line on firefighting since nobody is putting out fire in Texas nowadays.

Seriously.

I saw a report which said that firefighter have had to buy their equipment out of pocket? Was that accurate?

If I have to choose between the two, yeah, I would like the one who could likely put out a fire and not want to force a 12 year old girl to get a shot of a dangerous vaccine. I wouldn't say I love Romney but I do love the fact that he isn't likely to simply by fiat mandate that all 6th grade girls get a shot to remedy STDs. I have a bit more faith in the family than you do, comrade.

Anti Tea-Party, Obama supporting Liberals prefer Romney, thanks for clearing that up.

Again, for the comprehension impaired:

Here is what you leave out of the quote you have on your sig line.

The Texas debt has doubled since 2001, not tripled.

And the reason is, according to Politifact, that infrastructure borrowing was allowed for the first time by voter referendum:
It turns out that transportation is responsible for most of the added debt load under Perry, increasing from basically nothing in 2000 to $11.8 billion outstanding as of Aug. 31 2009. That's because before 2001, the Texas Department of Transportation lacked the authority to borrow money to pay for road projects. Voters gave it that power in 2001 when they approved a constitutional amendment that Perry supported.

You're not fooling anyone, Anti-Tea-Party Liberal.

We are handling it just fine, no thanks to the Federal Gov't.

Wonder if you'd have the same flippant attitude if your community was in a severe drought and on fire :up_yours:

Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

It's all about the economy, stupid.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

big deal. I was off a few million! earth shattering! :)

800 fucking million to be exact, that's wiy liberals shouldn't be in charge of money.

that's WHY?:cuckoo:

because I was off on what some clown named Romney makes? well, shucks jimbob, did you invent logic? hahahahahha

I love politics...you meet the smartest people ever!

Only doubled?

Seriously.

I saw a report which said that firefighter have had to buy their equipment out of pocket? Was that accurate?

Yes... we have gotten NO help from the feds.

We are taking up donations and what ever else people are willing to help out with.

FUCK Candyass!

Only doubled?

Seriously.

Okay, I have to give Perry a pass on that one. You outfit your Operations folks with everything you think they'll need (or you should anyway). So I wouldn't be surprised if, in some cases, the guys on the ground, purchased some items out of pocket. I remember during desert storm, a lot of the military men and women didn't like the boots they were given so they bought some designed to thwart the sands of Kuwait.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an oversight by the Planning Branch but also wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was a "gametime" decision.

We are handling it just fine, no thanks to the Federal Gov't.

Wonder if you'd have the same flippant attitude if your community was in a severe drought and on fire :up_yours:

It would depend on the race of the community.

As long as Shiela Jackson Lee's district doesn't catch fire....who cares?

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."

Almost abo ! ! !

Would you prefer Christine O'Donnell or Sharron Angle there?

For me there are limits.

Obama would get something of a boost from people giving him four more years. He could claim a little more poltical capital. But we could still contain most of the damage he would be planning for us. I think.

I'm not sure conservatives could recover if we elected a real nutcase. I would be as scared for the implications about the American electorate if we elected a social conservative gaffe machine with no economic cred as I was by the implications of us electing the empty suit Obama.

Last edited:
Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

A fair question. I think the difference is that Texas is a pro-business state with a strong GOP majority in every major category and government agency. Massachusetts is the opposite:

Texas has a GOP House, GOP Senate, and no State income tax. Right to work, Low regulation.

Mass has a DEM house, DEM Senate, Highest state income tax in the country. Non "right to work, high regulation.

As much as "government" can "create" jobs (a dubious claim, to say the least) , I believe any Governor could have created/encouraged more jobs in Texas over the past decade. All they need to do is simply get the hell out of the way! Thousands of businesses fled to "low tax", "low regulation" , "right to work" Texas from other "high tax", "high regulation", "non right to work" states over the past 10 years. It's not that complicated.

PS- Perry is a horrible debater- if he continues to perform like he has in the first two- he won't be a factor anyway....his star is fading faster than the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter......:lol:

I don't think it is productive to attack the other Republican Candidates. I'd take any of them over the dilettante that is stinking up the West Wing now.....

get the hell out of the way. no enviro laws. no workers protections! yay for america! corporate america will now send you a penny for sticking your head up their butt! and they might say thank you if they have the time. dont expect to be invited to any of their PARTIES. they think sheep smell bad.

Is any Romney supporter willing to make even a token effort to answer this post?

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor."
missed this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4185061-post51.html

amen... another great post by Zander

Forum List

Back