Perfection is overrated.........old things are making a comeback.............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, we all remember that when CD's came out and made music crystal clear (and made music lose a bit of it's soul), people started to react and go back to vinyl records, which now are quite popular again.

Seems the same thing is happening with cameras. The younger generation has become enamored with the blurry, grainy look of photos and have started to go back to point and click cameras (both digital and film) instead of the crystal clear pictures they can get with their phones. They're even now making an app that makes the crystal clear pictures you normally get with your cell phones look like the ones you used to get with a film camera.

Seems like everything old is becoming new again......................

Yeah.....Walnut & Steel. ;)

DSCN8701__2__JPG-893020.JPG

Well, we all remember that when CD's came out and made music crystal clear (and made music lose a bit of it's soul), people started to react and go back to vinyl records, which now are quite popular again.

Seems the same thing is happening with cameras. The younger generation has become enamored with the blurry, grainy look of photos and have started to go back to point and click cameras (both digital and film) instead of the crystal clear pictures they can get with their phones. They're even now making an app that makes the crystal clear pictures you normally get with your cell phones look like the ones you used to get with a film camera.

Seems like everything old is becoming new again......................

Kinda. Vinyl is 'popular' in comparison to CDs. But less than a 10th of digital download sales.

It's a fad for younger people to like something old anymore. Hipsters really got that in motion.

Just like in the 2000s wearing 80s clothes was a thing.

My wife's kid is like 22. He suddenly has it in his head he wants a vhs player because vhs tapes have a more authentic look to them over watching stuff in hd. He bought a tape deck at a yard sale and is now looking for cassettes.

In 20 years no one will care. Although I am surprised records have stuck around. I don't know anyone that actually listens to them as their primary music source. It's just a cool thing to make sure you let everyone know you're into records.

It's a fad for younger people to like something old anymore. Hipsters really got that in motion.

Just like in the 2000s wearing 80s clothes was a thing.

My wife's kid is like 22. He suddenly has it in his head he wants a vhs player because vhs tapes have a more authentic look to them over watching stuff in hd. He bought a tape deck at a yard sale and is now looking for cassettes.

In 20 years no one will care. Although I am surprised records have stuck around. I don't know anyone that actually listens to them as their primary music source. It's just a cool thing to make sure you let everyone know you're into records.
There are many people into vintage sound and sound equipment. I still have two reel to reel recorders from the 70s that, through maintenance, play those tapes in spectacular audio fashion. And thankfully there are many techs around who still work on those Pioneer, Marantz, Kenwood, Sansui, Technics and other vintage products.

I'd love to see the following singers make a comeback.

Northern Calloway (David from the Sesame Street children's show)
Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys
Billy Joe Royal
Hal Ketchum
Joe Diffie

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever miss them)

Kinda. Vinyl is 'popular' in comparison to CDs. But less than a 10th of digital download sales.

That's only because digital downloads are easy, punch a couple of buttons on your smart device, and volia! You've got music.

But.............to be fair...............there are downloads you can get of music that is played from records. Some people just like the sound that vinyl provides.

I'd love to see the following singers make a comeback.

Northern Calloway (David from the Sesame Street children's show)
Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys
Billy Joe Royal
Hal Ketchum
Joe Diffie

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever miss them)

"Howl at the moon, shoot out the light".

That's only because digital downloads are easy, punch a couple of buttons on your smart device, and volia! You've got music.

But.............to be fair...............there are downloads you can get of music that is played from records. Some people just like the sound that vinyl provides.

That's exactly why digital downloads are so popular. That and the lower prices and the longevity of the media. You can't scratch a song on spotify.

Somebody pointed out earlier that even among the vinyl loving audiophiles, digital downloads are probably the primary way they consume music. I think that's probably true.

I like vinyl for making music more of an event. You sit (with friends, hopefully) and you listen to the album in the order the artist intended. Its a 45 minute musical meditation that you just go with.

Rather than a playlist that you can casually turn on and off as you do something else.

"Its a smalltown Saturday night, its a smalltown Saturday night!"

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Hal)

P.S. I miss him and his eyebrows.

One of the best songs ever! They play it often on my local classic country station.

One of the best songs ever! They play it often on my local classic country station.

I pray the song isn't the only song from him that is played. There was so much more to him than just the song that started it all. This one was placed on his Greatest Hits album and to me it should've gone all the way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I pray the song isn't the only song from him that is played. There was so much more to him than just the song that started it all. This one was placed on his Greatest Hits album and to me it should've gone all the way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No, they play a lot of his stuff. But this is the first time I've heard that song! Great video too!

Forum List

Back