Perfect reason why the death penalty exists

once you open the death penalty to crimes that did not result in a death ...it will go crazy...if you allow the death penatly for child molesters ..then what about the mentally handicap.. or others who are not capable of consent by society's terms...what about men who rape?...or someone like madoff ..his actions resulted in ruining the lives of many people...he raped them in a sense, did he not?

i am not a fan of the death penalty the way it is applied in the u.s. i am not a fan of child molesters...i still cannot in good faith call for their deaths..

then sit back and i will call for their deaths.....the molesters,not the retarded....

yes it would....as long as they are put in to the general population......do you think they will?

Child molesters do survive general population, despite popular notions to the contrary. Oh, sure, they're everybody's bitch because they're perceived as weaklings who have to choose helpless victims, but most of them do live through it.

not in the prison my brother in law was in( Solano)......he has served 3 times,next time he is gone.........child molesters are segregated there....i know this cause i asked him...

I wonder how much freedom in jail these freaks have? Do they have tv to watch, internet service, a gym to exercise in? We already know they get 3 free meals a day, showers, clothing provided for them by the state.

I don't think I would be too happy to walk in the jail to see the man who harmed my daughter watching "Desperate Housewives" -would you?

Justice in this case, would be for the couple to be raped on tape. I don't know if the death penalty is appropriate because the children are still alive. I certainly would enjoy it if they got the death penalty, thoough.

Because you want vengeance on behalf of the children, that's why you would enjoy their death.

absolutely. I would settle for them being raped within an inch of their lives, how's that for compromise?

and then have Bubba take the guy the other inch.......well maybe 9 or 10....

I'm only human, but that wouldn't mean it's right.

It isn't black and white, dude. Sometimes the right thing to do is the wrong thing.

no, no its not...situational ethics are an even bigger slippery slope

Bullshit. What's right to us is wrong to another country. What's right in another country is wrong to us. Look at Saudi Arabia. They believe in stoning women for talking to other men. That's right to them. To us, that's nuts.

You can't tell me that your version of right and wrong is the ABSOLUTE version of right and wrong.

Once you get into absolutism, you get into a slippery slope. I'm not saying killing these people is right or wrong - all I'm saying is it needs to be done.

Child molesters do survive general population, despite popular notions to the contrary. Oh, sure, they're everybody's bitch because they're perceived as weaklings who have to choose helpless victims, but most of them do live through it.

not in the prison my brother in law was in( Solano)......he has served 3 times,next time he is gone.........child molesters are segregated there....i know this cause i asked him...

I wonder how much freedom in jail these freaks have? Do they have tv to watch, internet service, a gym to exercise in? We already know they get 3 free meals a day, showers, clothing provided for them by the state.

I don't think I would be too happy to walk in the jail to see the man who harmed my daughter watching "Desperate Housewives" -would you?

well since my Bro-in-law GOT THESE..(if your nice) i imagine they did to....

I've already stated that I'm only human and would probably want vengeance on behalf of my child, but that doesn't mean it's right.

so you could want vengeance,but someone else...its wrong?

I stated that the vengeance that I would want would be wrong.

BUT you would want it.....just like many others.....and if they were executed Kevin deep inside...you just may find your content with the death....just like everyone else.....

I'll ask again.

Instead of the death penalty, how about blinding them?

They would still be alive.

I'll ask again.

I don't support cruel and unusual punishments or torture, so that's a no for me.

So the death penalty is out. Blinding them is out.

I suppose castration is out too?

How about locking them in an 8X8 cell. No TV. No radio. No window. No exercise. A bucket for a bathroom and a foam pad to sleep on.

How is that?

I'll ask again.

I don't support cruel and unusual punishments or torture, so that's a no for me.

So the death penalty is out. Blinding them is out.

I suppose castration is out too?

How about locking them in an 8X8 cell. No TV. No radio. No window. No exercise. A bucket for a bathroom and a foam pad to sleep on.

How is that?

Sounds about right. Let the punishment fit the crime. That way they can suffer hopefully, for doing what they did to those children.

Isn't there a slower, more painful way to kill these people?

I'd be willing to throw the whole "cruel and unusual" thing out the window for cases like this.

How about tying a string around his penis and testicles...

and tying the other end to a frightened horse?

I'll ask again.

How about performing surgery on their eyes whereby the eyeballs are rotated 90 degrees from horizonal, so they would always feel like they were falling to the side?

And at the same time, implant a device in their cochlea that emitted a constant high pitched ringing.

yes it would....as long as they are put in to the general population......do you think they will?

Yup, they frequenty are segregated. But not always, because it's not always possible. And of those that are not, most of them survive. They most likely don't enjoy it, but they do.

Isn't there a slower, more painful way to kill these people?

I'd be willing to through the whole "cruel and unusual" thing out the window for cases like this.

True. A quick death is too good for them.

I've never understood why execution should not be cruel and painful, at least in the most grueling cases.

At least partly because decent people don't have the stomach for actually conducting such executions, nor do they usually have the stomach for paying someone monstrous enough to do it with tax money. They tend to just want the criminal in question dead and gone so they can move on with life.

Very emotive subject the death penalty is isn't it?

I think the final decision should be left to the family of the victim.

i have no problem with allowing those who wish to die...to die...i.e. wesley dodd...but i have a great deal of difficulty justifing the death penalty as we use it in this country...

i have problems with applying death penalty to crimes that did not result in death...if the penal system is simply to punish ...does that mean rehab is not possible? should we not focus on rehab with some criminals? i am not sure about rehab for sexual offenders

Forum List

Back