Perfect reason why the death penalty exists

Arrogant it might be. At least it's not unjustified. And once again, it would be impossible with current technology for me to care less than I already do whether or not the likes of you is offended, so why don't you quit sniveling at me about it? This isn't the kindergarten playground.

Oh I'm not offended, I'm simply letting you know that you're being rude.

Because you somehow thought I was heaping derision upon you without being aware of it? Seriously, do you think EVERYONE is as English-impaired as you are?

I don't think everyone is the same so I suppose my answer would be no.

Justice in this case, would be for the couple to be raped on tape. I don't know if the death penalty is appropriate because the children are still alive. I certainly would enjoy it if they got the death penalty, thoough.

Because you want vengeance on behalf of the children, that's why you would enjoy their death.

Justice in this case, would be for the couple to be raped on tape. I don't know if the death penalty is appropriate because the children are still alive. I certainly would enjoy it if they got the death penalty, thoough.

Because you want vengeance on behalf of the children, that's why you would enjoy their death.

absolutely. I would settle for them being raped within an inch of their lives, how's that for compromise?

The argument certainly could be made, but I'm of the opinion that a person does need to be punished for their crimes.

Just only so far, and you sure as hell can't tell us how you determine what amount is justice and what amount is vengeance.

Serving time for a crime you committed is justice, and being murdered by the state is vengeance for a crime you committed.

So what you're saying, in your charmingly mangled and inept way, is that justice is defined by not dying? That's it? We could torture them to within an inch of their lives, and as long as they lived through it, it would be justice, but if they die, it becomes vengeance?

I'm amazed. I wouldn't have thought you could sound like a bigger imbecile, but I stand corrected.

So your definition of justice also requires that no one enjoy it or feel good about it?

absolutely. I would settle for them being raped within an inch of their lives, how's that for compromise?

I don't support cruel and unusual punishments.

I'm not sure I can make it any clearer than I have. I believe murder is wrong, regardless of whether an individual or the government is the perpetrator.

If your child was murdered you would be ok with justice being the person receiving a 15 year prison sentence, then released? Just trying to understand your POV.

I've already stated that I'm only human and would probably want vengeance on behalf of my child, but that doesn't mean it's right.

You didn't answer my question. You'd be ok with someone who murdered your child to be out of prison 15 years after their crime? You'd believe that 'justice' had been served?

Well, apparently, that would be justice by his definition, because they didn't die.

Just only so far, and you sure as hell can't tell us how you determine what amount is justice and what amount is vengeance.

Serving time for a crime you committed is justice, and being murdered by the state is vengeance for a crime you committed.

So what you're saying, in your charmingly mangled and inept way, is that justice is defined by not dying? That's it? We could torture them to within an inch of their lives, and as long as they lived through it, it would be justice, but if they die, it becomes vengeance?

I'm amazed. I wouldn't have thought you could sound like a bigger imbecile, but I stand corrected.

Where did I say that I support torture?

what they did to those children wasn't cruel and unusual? how is letting them sitting in prison unviolated punishment when compared to this crime?

So your definition of justice also requires that no one enjoy it or feel good about it?

I don't see why anyone would feel good about people being locked up.

Where did I say that I support torture?

Perhaps if you just stopped being such an utter dolt and poltroon and told us your definitions of vengeance and justice instead of dancing around them like a chicken on a hot stove, I wouldn't have to guess. You said justice involved remaining alive, and vengeance was dying. NOW you want to slide the scale. Make up your mind (and I use that term loosely).

If your child was murdered you would be ok with justice being the person receiving a 15 year prison sentence, then released? Just trying to understand your POV.

I've already stated that I'm only human and would probably want vengeance on behalf of my child, but that doesn't mean it's right.

You didn't answer my question. You'd be ok with someone who murdered your child to be out of prison 15 years after their crime? You'd believe that 'justice' had been served?

I did answer the question. I said I would probably want vengeance, while I also acknowledged that it would still be wrong.

what they did to those children wasn't cruel and unusual? how is letting them sitting in prison unviolated punishment when compared to this crime?

I say again that those that don't believe prison is a severe punishment have never been to prison.

I don't see why anyone would feel good about people being locked up.

I don't see why anyone would feel good about monsters in people form NOT being locked up, but then, I'm not a crime virgin with the luxury of feeling warm and fuzzy and superior about my "compassion" for criminals just because they haven't gotten around to victimizing me yet.

I say again that those that don't believe prison is a severe punishment have never been to prison.

And I say again, what is YOUR experience of prison that you presume to know better? And I have no doubt that you will duck the question yet again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back