Perfect reason why the death penalty exists

how about the old eye for an eye......whatever someone inflicts upon someone,the same will be inflicted upon them.....blow someones head off with a 12 gauge,likewise......i bet many would then start thinking about what they are about to do to someone.....

Very emotive subject the death penalty is isn't it?

I think the final decision should be left to the family of the victim.

What if the guy killed two people from different famileis, one who thinks the death penalty is evil the other who wants the death penalty? What of people who have no families?

Oh and in general I think it's a bad idea to leave decisions like that to people who have a strong emotional attachment to them.

What if the guy killed two people from different famileis, one who thinks the death penalty is evil the other who wants the death penalty? What of people who have no families?

Oh and in general I think it's a bad idea to leave decisions like that to people who have a strong emotional attachment to them.

Tell you what dumbo, try for a moment to put yourself in the shoes of those you think shouldn't have a say and see what answer you come up with, if it is the wring answer go fuck yourself then try again.

Tell you what dumbo, try for a moment to put yourself in the shoes of those you think shouldn't have a say and see what answer you come up with, if it is the wring answer go fuck yourself then try again.

Society will be effected by their decision whatever it is.

If they deicde a long prison term, society has to foot the bill.
If they decide a short term then we will release a dangerous man back into society possibly without appropriate punishment.
If death the state has to kill them.

As it stands now the only thing family members can do is drop charges for certain crimes.

Society will be effected by their decision whatever it is.

If they deicde a long prison term, society has to foot the bill.
If they decide a short term then we will release a dangerous man back into society possibly without appropriate punishment.
If death the state has to kill them.

As it stands now the only thing family members can do is drop charges for certain crimes.

Then the law is an ass.

i have no problem with allowing those who wish to die...to die...i.e. wesley dodd...but i have a great deal of difficulty justifing the death penalty as we use it in this country...

i have problems with applying death penalty to crimes that did not result in death...if the penal system is simply to punish ...does that mean rehab is not possible? should we not focus on rehab with some criminals? i am not sure about rehab for sexual offenders

The penal system is not about rehab. That's why it's called the "penal system" and not the "rehab system". While the fact that lesser criminals will be released necessitates making rehab available, you cannot fix someone who doesn't wish to fix himself, as many criminals in fact do not. Sadly, in the case of child molesters and some other sex offenders, it is often impossible to fix someone even when he DOES want to be fixed.

The penal system exists primarily to punish crime and to protect society from criminals by separating the two.

Isn't there a slower, more painful way to kill these people?

I'd be willing to throw the whole "cruel and unusual" thing out the window for cases like this.

While I believe these subhumans deserve torture, and I believe that torture should be acceptable when used against truly evil "people", I think that execution is the best possible solution. Why waste time and effort keeping these pieces of garbage alive to emotionally satisfy ourselves? All we really need is to remove these disgusting lowlifes from the populace and the gene pool.

We just need to kill them and get it over with. Maybe at most, the family should be allowed to skin them alive and pour iodine on the exposed nerve endings before they are executed. No reason to let this trash live for another several decades.

I'd be willing to throw the whole "cruel and unusual" thing out the window for cases like this.

While I believe these subhumans deserve torture, and I believe that torture should be acceptable when used against truly evil "people", I think that execution is the best possible solution. Why waste time and effort keeping these pieces of garbage alive to emotionally satisfy ourselves? All we really need is to remove these disgusting lowlifes from the populace and the gene pool.

We just need to kill them and get it over with. Maybe at most, the family should be allowed to skin them alive and pour iodine on the exposed nerve endings before they are executed. No reason to let this trash live for another several decades.

I can't understand why you're in the red with rep if you're posting such logical things as this...

I can't understand why you're in the red with rep if you're posting such logical things as this...

Yeah, it's odd. I guess the truth hurts.

Forum List

Back