People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

Sorry bout that,

1. You know how when it rains and after a heavy rain in the summer time you smell that sweet smell, thats natural!
2. Being a homo is like smelling instead of that sweet smell, smelling sewer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I see these 3 main arguments

Disrespect of the religious sanctity of marriage. People think that it would devalue their own marriage if gays were also allowed to marry.
So, it's a problem with their marriage? Gays should suffer without equal rights because some straights are insecure? Racists felt the same way about interracial marriage. They got over it...mostly.

Having both a mother figure and father figure is recommended for raising a child, as it gives a more diverse role model set for the child.

Recommended by who? What most major medical and child welfare organizations say is that children need two parents for the best outcomes, not that they need a Mother and a Father. There are also about a gazillion studies now that all point to the fact that the children of gays are at no disadvantage to the children of heterosexuals.

In the US there are a number of tax breaks that come with being married. These are in place because it is assumed that the couple will eventually produce a family, and producing offspring is encouraged. A gay couple cannot produce offspring. Gay couples are less likely to end up with a kid.
And yet millions of heterosexual Americans get married without ever intending to have children. There is not a state or locality anywhere in the United States that will not issue a marriage license to a sterile or childless by choice couple. I will also point out for the cheap seats that in order for some couples to be allowed to civilly marry, they must demonstrate an inability to have children, completely destroying the "it's for the children" argument.

I don't oppose gay rights.

There, that was easy.

If they want to get pretend married let them, just keep it the hell away from children

My point being, they have the same rights as everybody else.

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

What's extra special about having the right to marry the person you want to marry, which is the right of heterosexuals, but not homosexuals?

There, that was easy.

If they want to get pretend married let them, just keep it the hell away from children

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

What's extra special about having the right to marry the person you want to marry, which is the right of heterosexuals, but not homosexuals?

Marriage is not a right

Serious replies only!!
I do not want to offend anyone, so keep your rude comments to yourself. I just want to understand why someone would oppose gay marriage and such, so I figured this was the best way to go about it.
Why are gays hated in America?
gay-rights_14076.jpg
I see these 3 main arguments:
  1. Disrespect of the religious sanctity of marriage. People think that it would devalue their own marriage if gays were also allowed to marry.

2. Having both a mother figure and father figure is recommended for raising a child, as it gives a more diverse role model set for the child.

3. In the US there are a number of tax breaks that come with being married. These are in place because it is assumed that the couple will eventually produce a family, and producing offspring is encouraged. A gay couple cannot produce offspring. Gay couples are less likely to end up with a kid.

1. Marriage was a civil institution before it was a religious institution.

2. We don't dole out marriage rights based on how ideal the homelife might be.

3. Are we denying marriage rights to childless heterosexuals? The tax breaks are almost all related to the existence of the children; if a gay couple doesn't have children, they don't get the tax breaks.

Plus, unmarried couples with children get the same tax breaks already.

There, that was easy.

Marriage is not a right

Yes it is. You don't know what rights are.

There, that was easy.

Marriage is not a right

No it isn't

Even though bisexual, I oppose gay rights. "Gay rights" implies special rights for gays non-gays wouldn't have. Rather then, I support EQUAL rights enjoyed by all.

Gay Rights I don't oppose:

- being fabulous
- wearing clothes that match
- throwing awesome parties
- looking hot naked
- being great at sex

Stuff like that. :)

Marriage is not a right

No it isn't

Can your state arbitrarily deny you the right to marry, without cause, while allowing others of equal status in your state to get married?

Marriage is not a right

No it isn't

Can your state arbitrarily deny you the right to marry, without cause, while allowing others of equal status in your state to get married?

It's not a right, quit wasting my time with your usual drivel

I'm opposed to special rights for any group. Currently gays have exactly the same rights as anyone else.

You can repeat that as often as you like and it still will be wrong.

If we outlawed all religions except Catholic, would we all have the same religious rights just because everyone could either be a Catholic or not be of any religion?

...same equal opportunity for all...

Marriage is not a right

No it isn't

It's not a right, quit wasting my time with your usual drivel

So your state cannot do so, therefore, marriage is a right in your state.

It's too funny to hear the so-called family values crowd resort to arguing that marriage, the foundation of family values,

is not, should not, cannot be a civil right.

There, that was easy.

Marriage is not a right

The Supreme Court of the United States of America (you're heard of them, yes?) has declared marriage a fundamental right on no less than three occasions and by some reports as many as 14 occasions. Now, you are free to disagree with their rulings, but as it stands right now, marriage is a declared fundamental right. Here are three cases you can research:

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

So, in order to deny this fundamental right to gays and lesbians, you must be able to demonstrate a societal harm in allowing them. Go!

(Sassy claims to be ignoring me so if NYcarbineer would be so kind to respond, Ms Lass will be sure to see it)

There, that was easy.

Marriage is not a right

The Supreme Court of the United States of America (you're heard of them, yes?) has declared marriage a fundamental right on no less than three occasions and by some reports as many as 14 occasions. Now, you are free to disagree with their rulings, but as it stands right now, marriage is a declared fundamental right. Here are three cases you can research:

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

So, in order to deny this fundamental right to gays and lesbians, you must be able to demonstrate a societal harm in allowing them. Go!

(Sassy claims to be ignoring me so if NYcarbineer would be so kind to respond, Ms Lass will be sure to see it)

marriage is a fundamental right for one man and one woman. None of those cases says that gay marriage is a fundamental right.

If thats what you want, pass a fricken law.

STOP this BS

no one OPOSSES homosexual rights. this thread should be moved that title is a lie

Forum List

Back