“People simply cannot afford to live anymore,” Rep. Bowman in letter with Elizabeth Warren urging Biden to address the extortionate increase in rents

The rich are taking everything from the poor and middle class. They're thiefs and the government needs to take action to make sure that we don't become a third world country where there's only a very poor and a small super rich elite. Rents should be kept low and government should step in to build government housing if need be.

It’s quite obvious you don’t understand why there’s a small class of super rich and everybody else is very poor.
Please read a book.

The average rent is now $1200.00 a month for a small one bedroom apartment.
And thats for a low class, old, dirty place in the bad part of town.

The newer apartments are around $1500.00 for a small one bedroom.
The ones closer to downtown Dallas start at $2500.00 for an "economic" one bedroom, which is a fuktard term for a ONE ROOM apartment.

Rent has doubled and even tripled in some areas around here.
Young people are having to move back in with their parents because they don't get paid enough to live on their own anymore.
Even the ones WITH "college diplomas"!!!!

Even people working 3 or more jobs now, can't keep up with rent hikes.

Apartments demand you make at least THREE times more a month than what rent is...........and yet WAGES ARE STILL STAGNANT!!

If you only make $1200.00 - $2000.00 a month, you're just plain fucked! You HAVE no choice but to live with roomies or family members. You've got to make over $70K a YEAR in order to afford a cheap ass apartment nowadays, and I don't know ANYBODY that makes over $30k - $40k a year.

Whoever gets into the White House in 2024/2025 will HAVE to enact a FEDERAL minimum wage at $22.00 an hour and stifle price hikes for their term in office on everything. Otherwise this fuckfest of lunacy is just going to be a dog chasing its tail and WE THE PEOPLE are never going to be able to get out of this sinkhole the Demonicreeps put us in!!!

The ones closer to downtown Dallas start at $2500.00 for an "economic" one bedroom, which is a fuktard term for a ONE ROOM apartment.

Young people are having to move back in with their parents because they don't get paid enough to live on their own anymore.

Apartments demand you make at least THREE times more a month than what rent is...........and yet WAGES ARE STILL STAGNANT!!

If you only make $1200.00 - $2000.00 a month, you're just plain fucked! You HAVE no choice but to live with roomies or family members. You've got to make over $70K a YEAR in order to afford a cheap ass apartment nowadays, and I don't know ANYBODY that makes over $30k - $40k a year.

Whoever gets into the White House in 2024/2025 will HAVE to enact a FEDERAL minimum wage at $22.00 an hour and stifle price hikes for their term in office on everything. Otherwise this fuckfest of lunacy is just going to be a dog chasing its tail and WE THE PEOPLE are never going to be able to get out of this sinkhole the Demonicreeps put us in!!!
I pay around four grand a year for mortgage.

Most of this is incorrect
Rents in major metro areas have increased since 2020 by about 25%,
It’s an absurd lie to “state” that a rent of $1,200 in 2020 is now $2,400-3600 Our company manages 36 residential properties around DC and no such 2X-3X increase have occurred. Not One. Not close to.
It’s a public set market. If you used to get $1,400 and can now get $1,800 then good for you although lib loons will call you the devil. The person who pays $1,800 gets it . Most libs want crocodile tears for those who wanted to pay less and did not get it.

No, I mean the one that will happen after the government fucks up the economy even more with your recommendations.

Have you EVER known ANY government NOT to fuck something up?????

To UNfuck it all up............who ever is in office would have to enact a state of emergency for the whole nation, and shut the doors to the country, take charge, and kick ass for no less than 15 years, to even GET NEAR being where we want to be again.

And that aint happening, no matter WHO is in office.

Anything Trump or Desantis will do, will be a short fix. Nothing more. Like Trumps term. Short fixes. He didn't put anything on paper because he was too busy deflecting Democrat bullshit. But, if he DOES get a second term, he's had plenty of time to get things in order and ready to go once his ass hits the Oval Office chair! One can only hope..............

Most of this is incorrect
Rents in major metro areas have increased since 2020 by about 25%,
It’s an absurd lie to “state” that a rent of $1,200 in 2020 is now $2,400-3600 Our company manages 36 residential properties around DC and no such 2X-3X increase have occurred. Not One. Not close to.
It’s a public set market. If you used to get $1,400 and can now get $1,800 then good for you although lib loons will call you the devil. The person who pays $1,800 gets it . Most libs want crocodile tears for those who wanted to pay less and did not get it.

I am CORRECT.
I've had friends have to move because they couldn't afford the hikes.
The manager of my apartments now, said she's had many of the residents here ask if theres anything available, because THEIR friends and family can't afford the rent hikes.
A friend of mine had to sell her house last fall, and had to find an apartment. And she told me there's nothing out there any cheaper than $1200.00 a month in bad areas, and the average was $1500 - $1700 a month for a ONE bedroom.

I went shopping this morning and could not believe what two bags of groceries cost me.... just a couple of plastic bags of grapes were $17 alone....
Thanks a lot Biden voters... I hope you all lose everything....
Conservatives love the free market until it hits them.

Bowman and tenant advocates argue that modest declines in rents – the national median fell 0.8 percent in December – barely make a dent in tenants’ expenses after the eye-popping gains of the last few years.

How is Biden going to fight to lower rents?

He charged his own freakin' son almost 50K per month to live in this house:

1674089291968.png

Does illegally storing classified documents really increase the rent value of a home that much?

Forum List

Back