People Food?

My dog gets "Wellness" and I feed the cat "MaxCat". They get some scraps as well..mostly roasted chicken. The other day my dog and I feasted on some left over porterhouse from Peter Luger's steakhouse.

Do you really think fancy cat food is worth the price, Sallow? I just been feeding Friskies dry. It's all I ever gave any cat I had.

The two cats I've raised both loved cantaloupe, go figure. Our dog always got a little, very little, people food with her dinner when she went to the kennel at bed time. The dog's primary food was dry, it is easier to cleanup later and the leftovers added a bit of spice. The cat's food was wet (canned) as a high ash content in dry cat food is thought to be harmful (Vet said so, I have no idea what 'ash' is).

My dog gets "Wellness" and I feed the cat "MaxCat". They get some scraps as well..mostly roasted chicken. The other day my dog and I feasted on some left over porterhouse from Peter Luger's steakhouse.

Do you really think fancy cat food is worth the price, Sallow? I just been feeding Friskies dry. It's all I ever gave any cat I had.

Dunno. But I try to do the best for my furry little critters.:lol:

I feed my dogs Tast of the Wild. Its totally grain free. I give them the dry with a tablespoon of the wet mixed in.

I also fee raw.

My dogs eat well. LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
O good grief, Douger. I am not going to start cooking for the cat.

Sounds as if you have a menagere' there. What kind of doggies?
American bulldogs

Oh beautiful one. What line are you out of?

I used to breed catahoulas. My dogs are out of Camp A While and Southern Lights. Threw two good litters that I'm proud of.

But I adore Am Bulls. When I lost my Ridgeback at first I was really looking at your breed. But holy toledo every body and their mother up here were looking at breed bans and frankly I did not want to endanger any pup I brought home.

I actually decided on my breed as a default to make sure no one could ever mistake it for a pit.

People were going right clean crazy up here and in other cities.

I have to get some pics up asap so you can see my line. I've been lazy on personal posting and have been sticking to politics too much.

I loved Am Bulls so much I got to Johnny. I actually got past his momma.

yours,

td

I don't feed my cats people food. I use Science diet or Imas.

Milk is not good for cats, it gives them diarrhea.

I know everyone wants to do their best by their babies but please. Right from the get go there is no such thing as people food.

And it's just not that I've been a breeder but I've been into nutrition for animals for a lot of years. Yes, even after rock and roll I had a life.

Look. Just think about it. When was the last time a siberian husky, malamute or for anyones sake an akita when did they long for a cob of corn?

What in their history would make them run in a pack and try to kill and eat a cob of corn?

It ain't happening out in the wild.

BUT we have the convenience of excellent foods designed for our babies these days. But I remember the first time my dad brought home "Gravy Train".

Hell's bells. You add water.....no can.....no mess and it smelled gorgeous and the dog ate it.

We had a beautiful white german shepherd at the time.

Years later, after the music biz career I really got involved with animals. I was stunned at the number of people who would wander around and talk about "human food".

I would always ask where did the afghan get his pedigree pal? Where did the first Irish Wolfhound I ever met get his Purina Dog Chow?

Answer: no where

Last edited:
Pet food is an invention of modern mankind.

Anyone want to tell me what Maremmas have been eating all these years?

Lets try one of my favorite loves. Podengos. They come in three sizes.

What have they been eating all these years before Science Diet?

How about Shiba Inus?

Last edited:
Whoa geeze. I should add though I won't take my animals thru a McDonald drive thru on a regular basis either or a Timmy's for breakfast...

But this whole "human food " thing kills me. Pyewacket my beloved cat of over 20 years who I lost a year ago I think actually benifitted in his latter days from tuna juice.

I would drain a can of tuna and I really think the salty juice really helped him with his gums and his teeth.

You have to know your beastie and his/hers digestive system. Pyewacket lasted to 20 and a 1/2 years so I know I did something right.

I really miss him.

Do you feed your four legged friend people food? My cat is fairly new to my home, only got her in November, and I think was still a bit of a kitten. Definately a very young adult, at most, this creature. She LOVES people food and I have allowed her to graze on left overs, and have been giving her milk daily.

My friends think she is gaining weight, and I can see she looks different but I had expected her to grow some. She's in no danger of being overweight, and eats her cat food with a good appetite.

What say you?

My cat gets canned cat food. She loves Fancy Feast and refuses anything else. My dogs, on the other hand, get their California Natural dry food, with a dribble of the stew I make for them which consists of a whole fryer cut up, rice, carrots. I stew it all, pull the meat out and remove all the bones, put it all back in and let it cook some more, then I put the huge pot of concoction in freezer baggies. That's the only people food they get. Except once in awhile I let them lick my plate if it has broccoli and cheese on it. Oh, and they get a mini marshmello each...for a treat (and I hide meds in them when needed).

Okay, I will stop the milk.

What about people food? The critter has a terrible sweet tooth. I have never had a cat that loved chocolate before.

Cow milk contains larger protein particles than queen's milk. If you MUST give cow's milk in an emergency, bring it to scalding to break down the protein and make it easier on the feline digestive system. Your cat really doesn't need chocolate at all. And yes, there are benefits to feeding a higher quality food. Cats are true carnivores and many lesser quality foods are mostly grain. A really good food like Taste of The Wild or EVO will not only give you a healthier pet, but will greatly reduce shedding.

Simon

DSC_0154.jpg

Do you feed your four legged friend people food? My cat is fairly new to my home, only got her in November, and I think was still a bit of a kitten. Definately a very young adult, at most, this creature. She LOVES people food and I have allowed her to graze on left overs, and have been giving her milk daily.

My friends think she is gaining weight, and I can see she looks different but I had expected her to grow some. She's in no danger of being overweight, and eats her cat food with a good appetite.

What say you?

The Pitt Bull gets two large stainless steel salad serving bowls full of fresh pasta, cooked chicken pieces, chopped up pre cooked meatballs, chopped up pre cooked ham drizzled with olive oil and half a stick of butter. The meal is microwaved in a separate plastic two qrt bowl, mixed, cold water added and mixed to reduce temp. All he gets is people food. He gets regular vet check ups. He is VERY healthy.

What say you?

The Pitt Bull gets two large stainless steel salad serving bowls full of fresh pasta, cooked chicken pieces, chopped up pre cooked meatballs, chopped up pre cooked ham drizzled with olive oil and half a stick of butter. The meal is microwaved in a separate plastic two qrt bowl, mixed, cold water added and mixed to reduce temp. All he gets is people food. He gets regular vet check ups. He is VERY healthy.

OMG

If the olive oil is spanish and I am wading thru them they are so amazing. I had no idea till last year truly how unreal spanish olive oils really were. I was hooked on greek for many years....

and the wine is around 2005 like a cabernet sauvignon columbia valley reserve.....

I will die in your hands lol and so would my husband....

Now back to pets....

What say you?

OMG

If the olive oil is spanish and I am wading thru them they are so amazing. I had no idea till last year truly how unreal spanish olive oils really were. I was hooked on greek for many years....

and the wine is around 2005 like a cabernet sauvignon columbia valley reserve.....

Now back to pets....

Huggy is wicked with that foodie thing, tiny dancer. Beware, LOL.

OMG

Now back to pets....

Huggy is wicked with that foodie thing, tiny dancer. Beware, LOL.

True story!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back