People Can Now Carry Guns Without A License In Half Of America's States

Let's say I have a choice. My choice is to be with 10,000 responsible Americans that have the knowledge and/or training with firearms, or be around 100 irresponsible people with no training or experience with guns. I'll take living with the 10,000 responsible Americans with the guns any day of the week.

It's not the amount of guns that are the problem, it's who has those guns. I've pointed this out time and time again. You take a nice safe middle-class white suburb, and make a law all homes must have a firearm, their crime statistics will not change. At the same time, take a low-income high crime minority city, create a law nobody is allowed to own a firearm, and their crime statistics will not change either.

Why is that? Once again, it's not the amount of guns, it's who has them.
Interesting theory. Do you have any evidence to support it?

It also doesn't explain why our statistics are so much worse than in other countries. Are Americans that much less well-trained?

Interesting theory. Do you have any evidence to support it?

It also doesn't explain why our statistics are so much worse than in other countries. Are Americans that much less well-trained?

Anti-gunners love to bring up other countries when talking about guns, forgetting they are comparing single culture societies to our heavily multi-culture society. For instance over 50% of US murders are committed by just 7% of our society which are black males. Hispanics come in second.

Now if we remove people of color out of the mix, you will see us pretty close to those other countries even with our guns. And remember too our prisons are lowlife playgrounds. They come with workout rooms, pool rooms, an outside field to play sports, cable television and even limited internet. Your friends or family can donate to your prison account where you can take that money and get fat at the cafeteria. And let's not forget that little private room in case you want your wife or girlfriend to stop over to start a family.

So comparing us to other countries is apples and oranges, yet alone being able to blame our woes on firearms.

Anti-gunners love to bring up other countries when talking about guns, forgetting they are comparing single culture societies to our heavily multi-culture society. For instance over 50% of US murders are committed by just 7% of our society which are black males. Hispanics come in second.

Now if we remove people of color out of the mix, you will see us pretty close to those other countries even with our guns. And remember too our prisons are lowlife playgrounds. They come with workout rooms, pool rooms, an outside field to play sports, cable television and even limited internet. Your friends or family can donate to your prison account where you can take that money and get fat at the cafeteria. And let's not forget that little private room in case you want your wife or girlfriend to stop over to start a family.

So comparing us to other countries is apples and oranges, yet alone being able to blame our woes on firearms.

And......another fact that wrecks their argument......

In the U.S....more Whites own and carry guns......fewer blacks own and carry guns, yet the 7% of young black males commit over 50% of all murder...and their victims are majority other young black males.......

So the people with the most guns in America, commit the smallest number of gun murder.......while the people with the fewest gun ownership commit the most gun murder.....

Screws up their entire belief system...

Your complaint is no training and no testing.
Far as I can recall, there hasn't been an issue.

We've had shall-issue CCW since 2004 - so that was quite a while go.
I suspect the reaction would be different now - and -very- location dependent.

Agreed. People (and even the police) became accustomed to armed citizens which is a good thing. And as far as I know, constitutional carry hasn't been an issue as of yet, but it's only been less than a year since we started that program. We will have to see.

"For instance over 50% of US murders are committed by just 7% of our society which are black males. Hispanics come in second."

I point this fact out ad nauseum to the board leftists. They don't care about the deaths, the violence, or the minorities. They care about taking guns from Right leaning conservatives, who have a ravenous love for the Constitution as the founders envisioned. And if it takes piles of dead minorities serving as foil, to create the notion that America has a "gun problem". So be it.
They constantly lie, obfuscate, and role play the phony advocate. The truth isn't helpful to their agenda. If they were interested in saving lives, and making things better. They'd admit we don't have a gun problem. Some areas have minority problems. And until that is acknowledged, and addressed; the killing will continue unabated.

"For instance over 50% of US murders are committed by just 7% of our society which are black males. Hispanics come in second."

I point this fact out ad nauseum to the board leftists. They don't care about the deaths, the violence, or the minorities. They care about taking guns from Right leaning conservatives, who have a ravenous love for the Constitution as the founders envisioned. And if it takes piles of dead minorities serving as foil, to create the notion that America has a "gun problem". So be it.
They constantly lie, obfuscate, and role play the phony advocate. The truth isn't helpful to their agenda. If they were interested in saving lives, and making things better. They'd admit we don't have a gun problem. Some areas have minority problems. And until that is acknowledged, and addressed; the killing will continue unabated.
They always run away from that point.

The real fact that they can't seem to comprehend is that the great majority of the gun crime in this country takes place among the minority demographics druggies, gang bangers and street thugs of the ghettos in Democrat controlled big cities. Usually cites with strict gun control laws.

We even have one stupid Moon Bat (JoeB) that thinks that all the gun crimes in the US are in Red States. He ignores the fact that in those states the great majority of the gun crime are in the Democrat controlled cities, like Atlanta in Georgia.

They always run away from that point.

The real fact that they can't seem to comprehend is that the great majority of the gun crime in this country takes place among the minority demographics druggies, gang bangers and street thugs of the ghettos in Democrat controlled big cities. Usually cites with strict gun control laws.

We even have one stupid Moon Bat (JoeB) that thinks that all the gun crimes in the US are in Red States. He ignores the fact that in those states the great majority of the gun crime are in the Democrat controlled cities, like Atlanta in Georgia.
He doesn't think that, he's just a lying bastard pushing bullshit.

The gun club in my small Midwest farming town proudly displays photos of its youthful members on its website.

I look at them and feel safer here than I ever felt anywhere on the Left Coast.

Absolutely understandable. Kids raised in homes where honestly is not some option but a way of life, being responsible for words and actions is expected, and learning about the importance of safety when it comes to handling guns results in a safer community. Those with criminal mindsets will never fit in, and they don’t. You find these types running amuck in places that have allowed/enabled crime to flourish. We all know the prime areas of criminals running the place.

If Democrats had a half a brain in their heads they'd come to the understanding guns aren't the problem, it's leftist DA's prosecutors and administrations that give criminals a pat on the ass when they commit a violent crime that's the problem. There would be less minorities committing crimes and less minorities hurt or killed if they just adopted the idea that a strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

In Philadelphia over 500 murders took place last year, and these morons in that state elected a guy for the US Senate that wants to let a third of all prisoners out of prison. If that's not bad enough, he can't communicate with people unless there is a computer screen in front of him.

Agreed. People (and even the police) became accustomed to armed citizens which is a good thing. And as far as I know, constitutional carry hasn't been an issue as of yet, but it's only been less than a year since we started that program. We will have to see.
If Democrats had a half a brain in their heads they'd come to the understanding guns aren't the problem, it's leftist DA's prosecutors and administrations that give criminals a pat on the ass when they commit a violent crime that's the problem. There would be less minorities committing crimes and less minorities hurt or killed if they just adopted the idea that a strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

In Philadelphia over 500 murders took place last year, and these morons in that state elected a guy for the US Senate that wants to let a third of all prisoners out of prison. If that's not bad enough, he can't communicate with people unless there is a computer screen in front of him.

The democrats know guns aren't the problem for crime.....the democrats know that guns are the problem for democrats taking total control.....in New York, the democrats passed their first gun control to protect their gang associates.....after seeing people stand up to the democrat party brown shirts, blm/antifa, the democrats know they have to get rid of the guns to keep their brown shirts from getting ventilated...

The democrats know guns aren't the problem for crime.....the democrats know that guns are the problem for democrats taking total control.....in New York, the democrats passed their first gun control to protect their gang associates.....after seeing people stand up to the democrat party brown shirts, blm/antifa, the democrats know they have to get rid of the guns to keep their brown shirts from getting ventilated...
They wouldn't trade minority violent crime for all the little kids on Epstiens Island. That is their number one money maker for chewing away at our 2A. Without it... There'd be no way anyone, even their double digit lackeys could take them seriously when they say "America has a gun problem".

Oh sure, their leaders know quite well what they're doing, but I'm talking about the Democrat voters. They simply can't see their own hand in front of their face. They elect the same party for leadership over and over and over again, and things continually get worse. In NYC, older people remember the huge improvements that were made under Rudy, a Republican. They went back to Democrats and things went into the toilet. Bloomberg wasn't really a conservative Republican, but things were still under some control.

People there are scared to go on the subway. Some maniac is liable to push them onto the tracks as a train is coming. The criminals there know quite well none of their victims are able to protect themselves because most everybody there is disarmed.

So, I'll take that as a no, you have no evidence to support your claims.

Instead, you're saying that it's because we're multi-cultural, when many of them are heavily multi-cultural as well, and Black people don't count as American.

Furthermore, we have a homicide rate that is more than twice that of every other Top 30 developed nation in the world, but one. We're three or four times that of most, and 80% of all of our homicides are by firearm. Even your blatant racism doesn't make up that gap.

Interesting.
What does?
The first suspicion has to be the fact that we have so many guns, with such easy access to them. It's the one thing that I can think of that we have, that none of the others do.
This is also supported by the other tendency I mentioned, that our firearm mortality tends to be highest in States with loose gun laws.

Other nations have size, density, wealth, diversity, resources, government types, and similar and very different cultures and histories. There's high population, but that is dismissed because homicides are measured in rates per X amount of people, rather than absolute numbers.

Can you think of anything else?

Instead, you're saying that it's because we're multi-cultural, when many of them are heavily multi-cultural as well, and Black people don't count as American.

Furthermore, we have a homicide rate that is more than twice that of every other Top 30 developed nation in the world, but one. We're three or four times that of most, and 80% of all of our homicides are by firearm. Even your blatant racism doesn't make up that gap.
Stop turning criminals loose, liar.

So what evidence do you need and to what claim? Google is your friend you know.

So what nation is more multicultural than ours and has a lower murder rate? Because I've had this debate with others like you, and they always refer to countries in Europe and Japan. And, because these people have no way to defend themselves, they also suffer higher crime rates in other categories than we do as well. And when I speak of multiculturism, I mean people of color.

The first suspicion has to be the fact that we have so many guns, with such easy access to them. It's the one thing that I can think of that we have, that none of the others do.
This is also supported by the other tendency I mentioned, that our firearm mortality tends to be highest in States with loose gun laws.
Ah. Ok...
-Demonstrate the necessary relationship between the number of guns in the US and our rates of gun violence.
-Demonstrate the necessary relatuionship between our "easy access" to firearms and our higher rates of gun violence
-Demonstrate the necessary relationship between the "loose gun laws" of those states and their higher firearm moralities

When doing to, be sure to allow for...
-The increase in the number of firearms from 1993-2019 and the extraordinarily steep drop in firearm violence over the same time.
-The virtual absence of firearm violence in states like NH and ME and VT, all of whch have near zero firearms laws.

Forum List

Back