People are going to have to face the reality that there's NO GOD

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by ScienceRocks, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,990
    Well no, you fucking idiot... stating factually that something hasn't been proven possible is NOT saying something is impossible! You must enjoy me bitch slapping you or something? :dunno:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,990
    Man, it's all throughout this entire thread, even after your post. You all want to imply that evolution explains everything! It doesn't explain origin of life and never has or never will.

Even in this very post, you pivot and start talking about "selection" being non-random in response to my point about origin. If you don't have an argument to present for origin, I fully understand, because there really isn't one other than Creation. But stop trying to cleverly switch to an evolution argument and pretend that's not what you're doing.

If you want to argue about evolution, let's admit that you cannot answer the question of origin and we're now debating a new topic. I'm happy to debate evolution, particularly macro-evolution which you have zero evidence for. In fact, it defies all we know about DNA and genetics. You have no evidence of any evolution crossing genus taxon... ever!

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    "But let's be clear, until you can offer valid evidence through science to support a notion that life created itself, then all you have is FAITH. You believe something is possible that you can't prove and that's fine... it's no different than faith in God."

Let's unpack why this is a hilariously incoherent nugget of nonsense.

First, it could only be "faith" if you believe it is certainly true, not if you declare it is possible. Which, all by itself, makes the entire set of statements above utterly incoherent and a frontal assault on the English language.

Second, to believe abiogenesis is not only possible, but likely, is also not "faith". Furthermore, such a belief is, indeed, supported by compelling theoretical and empirical evidence. That evidence being, every process seems to be a deterministic physical process. Therefore, it stands to reason that the process of biogenesis was also a deterministic physical process (I.e., abiogenesis). Also, there is no compelling reason to believe otherwise.

This is why scientists study abiogenesis. No, they aren't doing it to rule out the magical thinking of peddlers of nonsense. Even some of them are "creationists", no doubt, and feel they are just studying the creation.

And...just to twist the knife...Boss, here, just completely contradicted himself. He said belelieving it "possible" IS faith. Then simply not accepting this belief would be the default setting of "no faith". The only other alternative to believing it possible is to believe it impossible. Boss made it clear he does not possess this faith...

...thus making it clear that he considers it to be impossible. You know, exactly the opposite of what he is claiming in his whiny rant above.

This is why you don't let friends play with logic when they are intoxicated. They can cut themselves.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  4. Damaged Eagle

Damaged Eagle Soltice bells Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,329
    [​IMG]

Evolution is a theory.

God is a fact. I see the proof of God's existence every day.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fort Fun Indiana

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    That's not proof. That's why it's called, "faith", right?. No? So now it's not faith?

6. Damaged Eagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,329
    [​IMG]

That's an insect that 'supposedly' evolved. It is not 'proof' in the manner you are referring. Dragonflies, mosquitoes, and other insects have the same adaptation. Try again. You're being disingenuous with your pathetic attempts at best.

Show the intermediary forms that lead to this adaptation with visual records and direct observation of the millions of years it took to reach this stage.

*****CHUCKLE*****

7. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,990
    I don't know what makes you think something was incoherent in my reply. I'll be glad to walk through it slowly with you if you're having your typical comprehension problems. I personally think this is a tactic you like to use in order to impugn the character of your debate opponent before you start. It's sort of a Tonya Harding approach to debate which indicates your total lack of confidence in your personal ability.

There is no contradiction in my statements. I never said anything was "impossible" and just because I don't believe something is possible doesn't mean, by default, I believe it's impossible. Faith is belief in something without proof. Like your faith in the theories of abiogenesis. Or your faith in theories of macro-evoultion. Or my faith in God.

You like to use terms like "compelling theoretical evidence" but that is simply an oxymoron. There is no such thing, you either have evidence or you don't. There is no such thing as a compelling theory of evidence. And let's also be clear, there is absolutely ZERO "empirical" evidence to support abiogenesis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fort Fun Indiana

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    "and direct observation of the millions of years it took to reach this stage."

Ha, and there it is. Same shit every time with you guys. What an absurd standard. Should scientists also be kind enough to come over to your house and watch a lump of an isotope for 2.5 million years to make you believe the half-life of the isotope is 2.5 million years? Maybe we should all come over, and spend a few hundred million years replicating the formation of Earth. Would you then believe it has an iron core? Would you then believe planets can coalesce out of gaseous clouds?

9. Damaged Eagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,329
    [​IMG]

I'll accept the following...

upload_2017-10-4_22-13-59.png

...as a basic premise that God exists.

Do you know the equation?

*****CHUCKLE*****

10. Fort Fun Indiana

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Explain it like I'm 5. But, before you do, I have to point out that this is maybe the 189th "basic premise that God exists" that I have seen you present (give or take). Ever heard of the Gish Gallop? It seems that you have. Or maybe you're a savant.

That being said... lay it on me!