Pentagon find no evidence that Saddam tried to assasinate Poppy Bush

You said Saddam didn't collaberate with AQ, I proved you wrong, face it.

no. you didn't. "affiliates" of Al Qaeda are not Al Qaeda.... or else they wouldn't call them affiliates, but would call them "Al Qaeda".

face THAT.:rofl:

no. you didn't. "affiliates" of Al Qaeda are not Al Qaeda.... or else they wouldn't call them affiliates, but would call them "Al Qaeda".

face THAT.:rofl:

As far as the technical part goes, I agree...however, he was still willing to use terrorism as a tool. (I'm not justifying the war, but since we're talking about Saddam....) And really, is an accomplice to murder any better than the murderer?(unfortunately the law says so, but we all no it's BS)

As far as the technical part goes, I agree...however, he was still willing to use terrorism as a tool. (I'm not justifying the war, but since we're talking about Saddam....) And really, is an accomplice to murder any better than the murderer?(unfortunately the law says so, but we all no it's BS)

he was willing to fund terrorism against Israel and against Iran.

That is not a valid rationale for shifting our focus from the guys who attacked us onto a gay and his country that had ZERO to do with the attacks of 9/11 and that had ZERO ability to project power beyond its own border.

he was willing to fund terrorism against Israel and against Iran.

That is not a valid rationale for shifting our focus from the guys who attacked us onto a gay and his country that had ZERO to do with the attacks of 9/11 and that had ZERO ability to project power beyond its own border.

Take a chill pill dude...here's a quote from my previous post:

"(I'm not justifying the war, but since we're talking about Saddam....)"

That means I agree with you...but we're talking about Saddam and his ties to terrorism.

Take a chill pill dude...here's a quote from my previous post:

That means I agree with you...but we're talking about Saddam and his ties to terrorism.

if terrorism were one homogenous enemy, your discussion about such ties would have merit. alas, it is not.

if terrorism were one homogenous enemy, your discussion about such ties would have merit. alas, it is not.

if your argument wasn't so homosexual, we'd all be better off, but we're not.

Does it matter who the terrorist is? WWI started over a frickin terrorist faction in Serbia that had nothing to do with the U.S., or France, or Great Britain, yet, we all seemed to have gotten involved in that one.

Just because Terrorist are not one unified faction of "homogenous enemy." Doesn't mean that they don't pose a threat to us or don't have the potential to throw the world into a world war. (Once again, I'm not justifying the war, but the fact that he had ties to terrorism.) Terrorism against a country that we are strongly allied with, imagine that.

if your argument wasn't so homosexual, we'd all be better off, but we're not.

Does it matter who the terrorist is? WWI started over a frickin terrorist faction in Serbia that had nothing to do with the U.S., or France, or Great Britain, yet, we all seemed to have gotten involved in that one.

Just because Terrorist are not one unified faction of "homogenous enemy." Doesn't mean that they don't pose a threat to us or don't have the potential to throw the world into a world war. (Once again, I'm not justifying the war, but the fact that he had ties to terrorism.) Terrorism against a country that we are strongly allied with, imagine that.

again...using your rationale, let's go bomb South Boston, Massachusetts back to the stone age because of their long running support for the IRA, one of the worst terrorist organizations on the planet.

24. In their February 23,1998 Fatwah, Bin Laden, and Al Qaeda expressly referenced the United States’ “continuing aggression” towards Iraq as one of their reasons for calling on all Muslims to kill Americans “wherever and whenever” the are found:
The best proof of this is the Americans’ continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the [Arabian] Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, still they are helpless.

Bin Laden’s and Al Qaeda’s Fatwah also cited the alleged “great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people” by the United States, as well as the United States alleged “eagerness to destroy Iraq.”

25. Bin Laden reportedly visited Baghdad for consultations in March 1998. Giovanni De Stefano, an international lawyer visiting Baghdad on business, had a chance encounter with Bin Laden in the lobby of the Al-Rashid Hotel, during which the two men introduced themselves and engaged in polite conversation. De Stefano did not, at the time, recognize Bin Laden’s name. Five months after the chance encounter, agents of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda attacked the American embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.

26. Between April 25 and May 1, 1998, two of Bin Laden’s senior military commanders, Muhammad Abu-Islam and Abdallah Qassim, reportedly visited Baghdad for discussions with Saddam Hussein’s son -- Qusay Hussein -- the “czar” of Iraqi intelligence matters. Qusay Hussein’s participation in the meetings highlights the importance of the talks in both symbolic and practical terms. As a direct result of these meetings, Iraq reportedly made commitments to provide training, intelligence, clandestine Saudi border crossings, and weapons and explosives to support Al Qaeda.

27. By mid-June, 1998, operatives of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda reportedly were at the al-Nasiriyah training camp in Iraq receiving instruction and training from Iraqi intelligence and military officials on reconnaissance and targeting American facilities and installations for terrorist attacks. Another group of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda operatives from Saudi Arabia reportedly were trained by intelligence officials in Iraq to smuggle weapons and explosives into Saudi Arabia, and, upon returning to Saudi Arabia, successfully smuggled weapons and explosives into that country. A third group of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda operatives reportedly received a month of sophisticated guerrilla operations training from Iraqi intelligence officials later in the Summer of 1998.

28. Bin Laden reportedly sought to strengthen and reinforce the support he and Al Qaeda received from Iraq. In mid-July 1998, Bin Laden reportedly sent Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, the Egyptian co-founder of Al Qaeda, to Iraq to meet with senior Iraqi officials, including Iraqi vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan. The reported purpose of this meeting was to discuss and plan a joint strategy for a terrorist campaign against the United States. Iraqi officials reportedly pledged Iraq’s full support and cooperation on the condition that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda not incite the Iraqi Muslim Brotherhood, a radical Islamic organization, against the regime of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. Zawahiri reportedly toured a potential site for a new headquarters for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda near al-Fallujah in Iraq and observed training by Iraqi intelligence officials of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda operatives at al-Nasiriyah. In recognition of Bin Laden’s and Al Qaeda’s leadership role in the terrorist war against the United States, Iraqi officials allowed Zawahiri to assume formal command over the al-Nasiriyah training camp in the name of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda.
http://www.conservativenewswarriors.com/al-queda-iraq-connection.html

again...using your rationale, let's go bomb South Boston, Massachusetts back to the stone age because of their long running support for the IRA, one of the worst terrorist organizations on the planet.

ONCE AGAIN:
QUOTED FROM EARLIER POST:

Damn...do you have a problem with New Times Roman Font. A little lysdexic are we?

What exactly are you arguing about...The justification of the war? OR the fact the Saddam had ties to terrorism. Because if it's justification of the war....like I've said a few times already, I agree with you....But if it's the fact Saddam had ties to terrorism...he did, and you were wrong.

ONCE AGAIN:
QUOTED FROM EARLIER POST:

Damn...do you have a problem with New Times Roman Font. A little lysdexic are we?

What exactly are you arguing about...The justification of the war? OR the fact the Saddam had ties to terrorism. Because if it's justification of the war....like I've said a few times already, I agree with you....But if it's the fact Saddam had ties to terrorism...he did, and you were wrong.

I never said he didn't have ties to terrorists...but every islamic government in the middle east had ties to terrorists. big deal.

conservative news warriors.

Now THERE is a non-partisan news site if I ever saw one! [/sarcasm off]

I never said he didn't have ties to terrorists...but every islamic government in the middle east had ties to terrorists. big deal.

Ok...agreed. I'm not justifying a war over that, and I'm not saying we bomb every place that has ties to terrorism. But....Saddam had ties to AQ through AQ affiliates...would Osama be so bold as to show up in Iraq after 9-11?...hell know, he headed for the hills, and needed all the fighters he could get. AQ is smart enough not to send top-ranking AQ members to a place that the U.S. had a microscope on.

Pentagon report finds no evidence of Saddam attempt to assassinate Bush

Published: Monday March 24, 2008

In President Bush's view, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was many things -- a developer of weapons of mass destruction, an ally of al Qaeda and "a guy that tried to kill my dad."

Recent intelligence reports have already shot down those first two notions. No WMD stockpiles were found in Iraq after the US invasion, and a just-released Pentagon assessment failed to find any "smoking gun" link between Saddam and the terror group that plotted the 9/11 attacks.

Now skepticism is newly enveloping allegations of an Iraqi plot to assassinate former President George H.W. Bush during a trip to Kuwait in 1993. Newsweek's Michael Isikoff reports that the same Pentagon report that has essentially disproved an Iraq-al Qaeda link also calls into question the 1993 plot that spurred former President Bill Clinton to launch a Tomahawk cruise-missle strike against Saddam's Iraqi Intelligence.

The review, conducted for the Pentagon's Joint Forces Command, combed through 600,000 pages of Iraqi intelligence documents seized after the fall of Baghdad, as well as thousands of hours of audio- and videotapes of Saddam's conversations with his ministers and top aides. The study found that the IIS kept remarkably detailed records of virtually every operation it planned, including plots to assassinate Iraqi exiles and to supply explosives and booby-trapped suitcases to Iraqi embassies. But the Pentagon researchers found no documents that referred to a plan to kill Bush. The absence was conspicuous because researchers, aware of its potential significance, were looking for such evidence. "It was surprising," said one source familiar with the preparation of the report (who under Pentagon ground rules was not permitted to speak on the record). Given how much the Iraqis did document, "you would have thought there would have been some veiled reference to something about [the plot]."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Pentagon_report_finds_no_evidence_of_0324.html

This leaves only one reason for invading and occupying Iraq...oil.

Ok...agreed. I'm not justifying a war over that, and I'm not saying we bomb every place that has ties to terrorism. But....Saddam had ties to AQ through AQ affiliates...would Osama be so bold as to show up in Iraq after 9-11?...hell know, he headed for the hills, and needed all the fighters he could get. AQ is smart enough not to send top-ranking AQ members to a place that the U.S. had a microscope on.

Actually, the Pentagon proved that Saddam did not have ties to al Qaeda, or did you not read the first post?

Actually, the Pentagon proved that Saddam did not have ties to al Qaeda, or did you not read the first post?

http://www2.nysun.com/article/72906

Quote from article:

"WASHINGTON — A Pentagon review of about 600,000 documents captured in the Iraq war attests to Saddam Hussein's willingness to use terrorism to target Americans and work closely with jihadist organizations throughout the Middle East.

The report, released this week by the Institute for Defense Analyses, says it found no "smoking gun" linking Iraq operationally to Al Qaeda. But it does say Saddam collaborated with known Al Qaeda affiliates and a wider constellation of Islamist terror groups"

I read it, did you?

Forum List

Back