Pense says it's a smear!

Of course it is. This law is the same as the federal law.

The gay mafia will only obey the laws it wants to obey. Then make up their own for others to obey.
actually, the gay community has made it clear that they see themselves as different than all others and therefore demand laws that exclusively include them.

The movement has gone from respectful and necessary to hypocritical.

And who sees the gay community as different? Need a clue?

The Governor of Indiana blamed the media for the "misperceptions" of the new law, and vows to fix it this week. So he's not going to change the law, he's just trying to get away with the law, by coning the country into believing that it doesn't discriminate. It will still allow businesses to refuse service for religious reasons, though they will have to defend their actions in court. Back door bigotry.

It's obvious that the heat made Pense address the outrage in a media interview today. But I think he only doubled down on GOP stupidity, and that will become clear today, when the media has a field day with his blaming them, instead of admitting his miscalculation. The GOP has been exposed as the party of bigots, and now they are going to spend a lot of time doing damage control, or embrace their bigotry. This is really going to be fun to see.
I'm not surprised that a Republican governor would blame others for his own stupidity.

What about Gov Malloy from Conn? Bans travel by state employees to Indiana while Conn has a stricter law than Indiana. This dumb ass wants to be president? LMFAO

Pence is exactly correct and every one of you daffy left loons fell into it like lockstep little Nazis
Well, we certainly can see who the "little Nazis" are. Eh, Helga?

liberal-logic-101-42.jpg.cf.jpg

hitler+and+obama.jpg.cf.jpg

The gay mafia will only obey the laws it wants to obey. Then make up their own for others to obey.

Indiana's law is less strict than Connecticut's....why isn't the left "boycotting" Connecticut?
because ....
Lambda Legal Applauds Connecticut Court for Extending Protections against Harassment to Gay Workers Lambda Legal
the court ruled?

What does that have to do with the governor.

Never mind. I cant deal with idiots that debate a law they did not read.

Anyone who had an issue with this law did not read it. That is fact.

Indiana's law is less strict than Connecticut's....why isn't the left "boycotting" Connecticut?
because ....
Lambda Legal Applauds Connecticut Court for Extending Protections against Harassment to Gay Workers Lambda Legal
the court ruled?

Bbbbut their media masters have told them what to say.

Indiana is not going to repeal the law, take your hate to the other 19 states have similar laws and see if you can get them to bow down to you

Pence is claiming the bill can't be used to discriminate against gays. Are you happy with his claim?

Would you be okay with an alteration to the bill that would effectively render it useless as a defense in a lawsuit against a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?

Indiana is not going to repeal the law, take your hate to the other 19 states have similar laws and see if you can get them to bow down to you

Pence is claiming the bill can't be used to discriminate against gays. Are you happy with his claim?

Would you be okay with an alteration to the bill that would effectively render it useless as a defense in a lawsuit against a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?
:blahblah:

because ....
the court ruled?

I've read the bill. It gives religious people an affirmative defense against being found liable for discrimination just by using their religious beliefs support the discriminatory action.

Really funny is that other pubs - Bush, Rubio and another clown candidate - said they agreed with the law. Now they'll have to back track just like Pence is doing.

Is that a yes or a no? You're not good at debating.

The Governor of Indiana blamed the media for the "misperceptions" of the new law, and vows to fix it this week. So he's not going to change the law, he's just trying to get away with the law, by coning the country into believing that it doesn't discriminate. It will still allow businesses to refuse service for religious reasons, though they will have to defend their actions in court. Back door bigotry.

It's obvious that the heat made Pense address the outrage in a media interview today. But I think he only doubled down on GOP stupidity, and that will become clear today, when the media has a field day with his blaming them, instead of admitting his miscalculation. The GOP has been exposed as the party of bigots, and now they are going to spend a lot of time doing damage control, or embrace their bigotry. This is really going to be fun to see.
I'm not surprised that a Republican governor would blame others for his own stupidity.

What about Gov Malloy from Conn? Bans travel by state employees to Indiana while Conn has a stricter law than Indiana. This dumb ass wants to be president? LMFAO

Malloy........O'Malley...........almost the same.......right?

all this law said was....paraphrased....

'if you opt to not offer your services to an individual or a company due to a religious conflict......, and that individual or company cites you for discrimination......you dam well better be able to prove that your religious beliefs would have been compromised, or we will throw the book at you'

Wake up assholes.

Is that a yes or a no? You're not good at debating.
:gives:

because ....
the court ruled?

I've read the bill. It gives religious people an affirmative defense against being found liable for discrimination just by using their religious beliefs support the discriminatory action.

IOW, the law, discrimination is allowed based on religion.

Which is, by definition, sharia law.

Even those who choose not to see that very obvious fact should be against laws that in opposition to our Constitution as well as basic principles our country was founded on.

Like it or not, the fundies will eventually have to accept that this is not Russia.

Well, they can say goodbye to the NFL combine, ever hosting another Super Bowl, MLB All Star game, or NCAA Final Four. I heard that the teams may wear T-shirts in support of GLBT rights during their shoot-arounds this weekend. Good on them.

Baloney, more wishful thinking. Give it two weeks and the loons will be on their next conquest

Yeah, The conserve-hate-ives will probably be trying to get the color black out of crayon boxes...

Well, they can say goodbye to the NFL combine, ever hosting another Super Bowl, MLB All Star game, or NCAA Final Four. I heard that the teams may wear T-shirts in support of GLBT rights during their shoot-arounds this weekend. Good on them.

Baloney, more wishful thinking. Give it two weeks and the loons will be on their next conquest

Yeah, The conserve-hate-ives will probably be trying to get the color black out of crayon boxes...

Get informed about the law and then comment. Until then you're just another left loon spewing BS

Really funny is that other pubs - Bush, Rubio and another clown candidate - said they agreed with the law. Now they'll have to back track just like Pence is doing.

I'm glad you brought up the political realities of the situation. While gays represent 3-5% of the electorate, those who sympathize with their cause when blatant discrimination and hatred are broadcast toward them are upwards of 40-60%. That the GOP so willfully gives up the middle of the road Americans who prefer that nobody experience discrimination, hatred, or chauvinism--much less that is enacted with the stroke of a governor's pen--goes a long way in explaining why they have lost the popular vote 5 of the last 6 times.

because ....
the court ruled?

The governor signed the law allowing for private discrimination against gays when there was no law protecting employment discrimination. If a state has employment protections, there's generally no great uproar about a separate law protecting the bakers.

because ....
the court ruled?

The governor signed the law allowing for private discrimination against gays when there was no law protecting employment discrimination. If a state has employment protections, there's generally no great uproar about a separate law protecting the bakers.

Where does the law mention homosexuals. Why are you not bawling about Conneticut's law which is even more strict than Indiana's? Until you do you're all a bunch of bawl baby, whiny ass hypocrites and anyone with a lick of sense knows it.

because ....
the court ruled?

he did not sign a law that allows for private discrimination against gays.
You are poorly informed. Horribly informed.
Read the law. I did.

In a nutshell...it says...and I paraphrase....

'if you opt to not conduct business with another business, or not perform a service for an individual, using "the compromising of my religious beliefs" as the reason.....and that business or individual cites you for discriminating against that business or individual, you will have the opportunity to, in a court of law, prove that your religious beliefs will have been compromised if you offered that service.

It does not allow for an issue of gay employment for hiring a gay individual does not compromise ones religious beliefs and there are already federal laws that prohibit such an act.

All this did was allow one to use "religious freedom" as a defense.....but not a reason to be "let off"...just the right to use it in a court of law...and one would have to prove it.

Read the law. Don't go by the rhetoric.

Forum List

Back