Obama Supports Military Retirement Pay Cuts

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Report Obama Supports Military Retirement Pay Cuts

How about we stop paying for illegals to get free crap, cut congress and the president retirement and pay , put a limit to how much welfare you get . 3 yrs max on benefits unless you find a job .. Quit fucking with the military pay and their benefits. They deserve it and worked for it !!! If they are cutting the retirement of the military they need to cut the teachers retirement as well!

The govt. will put in 6% a year into an IRA type retirement plan for those serving more than 3 years, I see no problem with that at all....

How about instead of screwing military retirees with their pants on we spend a tad less on the overall budget which makes it appear like we're planning to take over the world spending more than the next 20 countries combined?

How about we stop paying for illegals to get free crap, cut congress and the president retirement and pay , put a limit to how much welfare you get . 3 yrs max on benefits unless you find a job .. Quit fucking with the military pay and their benefits. They deserve it and worked for it !!! If they are cutting the retirement of the military they need to cut the teachers retirement as well!
I tell you what. For a Nazi, Obama sure sucks at it. There has been a lot of moaning about him shrinking the military, treating vets like shit, and cutting their retirement pay.

Nazis like big, beefy, Aryan militaries.

Welfare limitations are implemented by each state...

Obama is backing the recommendations of the Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.

The Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission issued a report in January report calling for shrinking the size of traditional military retirement pay by about 20 percent and offering a defined-contribution benefit for troops who separate before 20 years of service. Lawmakers of both parties raised sharp questions about the panel’s stated belief that the changes will satisfy service members while also saving money for the Treasury.

The commission’s proposal include decreasing the “multiplier” that the Pentagon uses to calculate traditional retirement pensions from 2.5 to 2.0, lowering the initial value of retirement checks by 20 percent.

Basically, they want to make the military pension plan identical to a civilian 401k plan.

But I am not sure why would someone join the military and risk getting their ass blown off for less pay than a civilian and for the same kind of 401k.

Yes, as it stands right now, anyone who serves less than 20 years gets squat in the way of a pension from the military, and that should be fixed.

However, cutting back on the plum that awaits at the end of 20 years is just stupid.

Congress has been hacking away at our retiree benefits for a long time. Ever since Bush. And it is getting really, really frustrating. I feel like a sucker for having served 20+ years.

this facist traiter needs to be put behind bars but thats dreaming since there is one different law for politicians then for us especially presidents.

Obama is backing the recommendations of the Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.

The Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission issued a report in January report calling for shrinking the size of traditional military retirement pay by about 20 percent and offering a defined-contribution benefit for troops who separate before 20 years of service. Lawmakers of both parties raised sharp questions about the panel’s stated belief that the changes will satisfy service members while also saving money for the Treasury.

The commission’s proposal include decreasing the “multiplier” that the Pentagon uses to calculate traditional retirement pensions from 2.5 to 2.0, lowering the initial value of retirement checks by 20 percent.

Basically, they want to make the military pension plan identical to a civilian 401k plan.

But I am not sure why would someone join the military and risk getting their ass blown off for less pay than a civilian and for the same kind of 401k.

Yes, as it stands right now, anyone who serves less than 20 years gets squat in the way of a pension from the military, and that should be fixed.

However, cutting back on the plum that awaits at the end of 20 years is just stupid.

Congress has been hacking away at our retiree benefits for a long time. Ever since Bush. And it is getting really, really frustrating. I feel like a sucker for having served 20+ years.
Whilst never reducing their retirement...

This is another reason why I support eliminating all tax expenditures.

The assholes in Congress are completely owned by special interests. Completely. So when it comes time to hack away at expenses, they target specific groups instead of making EVERYONE feel the pain EQUALLY. There are a lot of people still getting free handouts while the rest of us are being forced to carry an unfair burden. Tax expenditures add up to $1.2 trillion a year. Why not go after those instead of those of us who have served our country honorably?

Our 18 trillion dollar debt is a gigantic shit sandwich, and EVERYONE has to take a bite. I would not mind these attacks on my military retirement benefits nowhere near as much if I felt EVERYONE was chipping in.

Congress is a gaggle of *****.

this facist traiter needs to be put behind bars but thats dreaming since there is one different law for politicians then for us especially presidents.
This has nothing to do with Obama.

It's Congress.

And not just this Congress. Every Congress going back for decades.

When I served during Reagan, he cut out the GI Bill and medical after discharge....actually you wasn't really suppose to use it while on active duty....

Seems to me to be about the same issue as social security and about every private or state retirement program.
I actually advocate raising the Social Security eligibility age to 70 and then indexing it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security, so we should be working longer.

Common sense.

Seems to me to be about the same issue as social security and about every private or state retirement program.
I actually advocate raising the Social Security eligibility age to 70 and then indexing it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security, so we should be working longer.

Common sense.
I don't plan on living longer so shorten the age requirement...

When I served during Reagan, he cut out the GI Bill and medical after discharge....actually you wasn't really suppose to use it while on active duty....

You had Tuition Assistance on active duty. That was a very good deal.

Common sense.
I don't plan on living longer so shorten the age requirement...
Life expectancy is nearly two decades longer than it was in 1935. It is entirely reasonable to raise the SS eligibility age by five years.

If you (a soldier) get 6% paid into a retirement account, does the soldier get to take that with them if they leave the service before 20 years are up?

If you (a soldier) get 6% paid into a retirement account, does the soldier get to take that with them if they leave the service before 20 years are up?

Yes, that's the whole point. If you don't do 20, you don't get squat. Guys who are already in or who are retired will be grandfathered, so nothing changes for them. Guys who are in can opt into the proposed new system, but are not required. Newbies coming in at a date to be determined will be fully under this system.

Forum List

Back