Penises on Prime Time Programming TruTV

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Silhouette, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,582
    Ok I love the show “Impractical jokers”, pitched as a family show. It often involves kid actors & children subjects in jokes. I notice though that more and more sexualized “jokes” are being woven into the format. Bawdy guys are one thing, but there’s an element in the background that’s being written in that the jokers are becoming uncomfortable with.

Anyway, today in I think it was the 4 o’clock hour PST, exactly when most kids are flopped on the couch after school, TruTV was airing their game show to forgive student debt. One of the categories was “dicks over dictators”. The category showed illustrated erect penises & testicles superimposed over various dictators faces that contestants tried to guess. The host was talking about schlongs & whangers as the images shown on the screen.

So, kids tuning in at the peak hour for their viewing, hoping to find the very popular show Impractical Jokers, instead found brazen adult content masked as “a fun game show”.

Does the FCC even function anymore? It’s under the control of the current administration. I wonder if the conservatives realized that the game show interweaves itself with the very popular Impractical Jokers so that it can glean more gimme-freebie votes (forgive student debt) from IJ viewers, if they might have a stern talk or sanctions for Tru TV’s prime time kid/family hour sexualized content?

TruTV is constantly trying to interweave sexualized or adult content into shows or programming time slots where kids are sure to be drawn in. I think it’s time the FCC had a talk with them.

Your thoughts?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,607
    Unfortunately, as a child, there was no cable. It was I Love Lucy reruns, Gunsmoke, Dick Van Dyke, etc. Now, there's just content galore. Parents need to be diligent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,067
    I'm pretty sure you can block channels. Sounds like TruTV is a good choice for doing so in your house. Fortunately I switched over to the most basic subscription so that most of the crap the wife and I don't watch is already eliminated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,582
    TruTV is on the basic package I have. The point is you don’t allow programming to pitch itself to “family” viewing, then interweave blatantly adult content with kid show programming & times. The FCC disallows this & has teeth to enforce it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs FORGET ---- HELL Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,923
    What you saw is a continuing assault visually on the American brain. It started back in the 50 s with TV they found that visual propaganda was very strong on the American brain. So they used the German approach and started on the very young, with Sesame Street series. You get it? Next came the Movie group with questionable movies. Next was the News Media. Now its all media you see and hear. Take a close look at the commercials and will notice two messages, one is buy this product, the second is black and white and Asian and Arab together. There has been some gay stuff but not very heavy yet. I just have had to shut down shut off shut out. Never trust anyone over the age of 90 they have nothing to loose.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I came back with this it KIND OF fits in with the goals the progressive have in store for us.
    Both Marxists Obama and Hillary raised their arms covenanting to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Then they broke that solemn oath by following Saul Alinsky’s plan to des troy it (numbered below). 1. Healthcare - Control healthcare and you control the people 2. Poverty - Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live. 3. Debt - Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty. 4. Gun Control - Remove the ability of the citizens to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state. 5. Welfare - Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income). 6. Education - Take control of what people read and listen to - take control of what children learn in school. 7. Religion - Remove the belief in God from the government and schools. 8. Class Warfare - Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs FORGET ---- HELL Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,923
    You too? Wow

7. Mousterian

Mousterian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,758
    Dan, you need to use a BIGGER script, and more colorful too, to proclaim your fascist views!
    BHO and Hellary are Marxists?
    Your brain is addled, my man, and you should seek help.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,632
    FCC hotline number
    The customer support phone number of FCC is 1-888-225-5322 / 202-418-0500 / 1-888-835-5322 (Click phone number to call).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MindWars

MindWars Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,526
    Remember the HBO show I cant recall the name but the little girls were drinking out of sippy cups that looked like penis?
    I think it was called something girls????

10. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,777
    TV is turning into smutville. Even game shows pose questions that have to do with sex sex sex, or body parts. Its disgusting. And Hollyweird wonders why there are so many perv, pedos and sex abuse problems in their ranks. :cranky:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1