Pelosi Warns: Trump May Not Give Up Power If He Loses Reelection

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” the House speaker told The New York Times.''

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) worries that President Donald Trump won’t voluntarily cede his power if he loses the 2020 election by a slim margin, she told The New York Times.

“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” she told the Times last week.

The best way to do that, she said, is for voters to hand Trump an overwhelming defeat.

Describing her “coldblooded” plan for Democrats to win the White House in 2020, she said the party’s nominee must “own” the parts of the electorate that are “center-left” in ideology and in “the mainstream.”

More: Nancy Pelosi Worries Donald Trump Won't Give Up Power If He Loses Reelection In 2020

I agree that this is a real possibility. What do you think?

“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” the House speaker told The New York Times.''

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) worries that President Donald Trump won’t voluntarily cede his power if he loses the 2020 election by a slim margin, she told The New York Times.

“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” she told the Times last week.

The best way to do that, she said, is for voters to hand Trump an overwhelming defeat.

Describing her “coldblooded” plan for Democrats to win the White House in 2020, she said the party’s nominee must “own” the parts of the electorate that are “center-left” in ideology and in “the mainstream.”

More: Nancy Pelosi Worries Donald Trump Won't Give Up Power If He Loses Reelection In 2020

That both you and Nancy are delusional.

What do I think? Pelosi is a lying rabble rouser and you are insane.

Translation...
We have chosen male, pale and stale Biden as our parties candidate.
All NPC's are ordered to fully support the instructions from the main Central Programming Unit.

Of course he won't. he wouldn't even accept his own victory, haha.... feckin moron....

"What do I think? Pelosi is a lying rabble rouser and you are insane."

the funny thing is...that is exactly what I think of YOU and trump

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the inauguration the power leaves the old president?! i.e. there is no way he can keep it. WTF is stupid Nancy whining about? She must be having those TIA episodes again...

I can't say Pelosi is a fool. You need some smarts to turn a 200K a year job into a 100 million dollar fortune. But, she definitely acts like one sometimes.

I have this woman on videotape GUARANTEEING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE that Trump would NEVER be President.

This statement is not only false, it is idiotic. How does a President NOT turn over power if he loses the election? It is absurd, and solely intended to scare low-information Democrats so that they don't sit out on Election Day 2020.

Of course he won't. he wouldn't even accept his own victory, haha.... feckin moron....

I just read an article that states Clinton still hasn't accepted the election results. A sure sign she is back in the running.

I have this woman on videotape GUARANTEEING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE that Trump would NEVER be President.
And you have President Pussy on tape saying his inauguration crowd was the largest ever. And you have his tweets archived saying he ended the NoKo nuclear threat.

"What do I think? Pelosi is a lying rabble rouser and you are insane."

the funny thing is...that is exactly what I think of YOU and trump
No one with any sense cares what an idiot like you thinks.

I just read an article that states Clinton still hasn't accepted the election results. A sure sign she is back in the running.
ha, doubtful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the inauguration the power leaves the old president?
Exactly, he would contest the election and delay the inauguration.

Nope, the states run the election not the Feds.
The only way things could get fucked up is if some states don't follow the Law.
I can think of a few things:
1. If states require that Trump show his tax returns to get on the ballot, or other violations
2. If states don't use the Electoral College properly
3. The USSC would need to make the call and determine if any states EC votes don't count or other such remedies.

So as long as states follow the rules, and a president is declared, not much an existing prez can do but leave gracefully.

Forum List

Back