Pelosi wants to stack the court

It would take congress to act, SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment subject to impeachment if need be. That hag should be pushing term limits for reps and senators.
I would approve term limits for Representatives and Senators. 3 and done, wouldn't hurt my feelings in either body.

Piglosi is the same old broken record that she was when she was booted from the leadership role. As for her comment on the integrity of the current justices--I consider the source and ignore it. She is not one to speak to the subject of ethical government. Lock her up.
Pelosi has no idea what the word "ethics" mean, or ever has.

I think two is plenty. It is good enough for the executive branch, why should the legislative branch be any different?

All artificial term limits does is increase the power of the constant Washington class.

No reason for everyone to live in DC any longer.

Let house and senate members llve at home.

I think two is plenty. It is good enough for the executive branch, why should the legislative branch be any different?
I have no major problem seniority and experience playing a part, but 35 to 51 years is ridiculous. A term in the Senate is 6 years. 18 should be a maximum, in my opinion.

Last edited:
A POTUS can be beneficial or damaging in 1 or two terms max, where an individual Senator does not have nearly the sway, either way. A Potus should come to office with an agenda, He gets a max of 8 years (if he doesn't suck and get voted out after 1 term) to get it done. I would just as soon, Senator did not come to office with an agenda, but whether they do or not, they won't accomplish much individually.
The House of Representatives is only a two year term, and most of the first term, even good ones are idiots, mostly silent while learning or just loudmouth party tools. I could see letting them stay for 8 or 10 years at descretion of their voters, before the votes are forced to pic some other schlep. By that time, if they have higher yearnings, they can run for Senate of POTUS any time, but if they have no higher ambitions, and they have succumed to the Peter Principal, they should have to hit the road and go home.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) says that she supports term limits for the Supreme Court amid scrutiny over the court's ethics standards.

Pelosi also said a conversation should be had about an expansion of the court, but would not outright endorse expanding the court, while speaking on MSNBC's Inside with Jen Psaki.

"It’s been over 150 years since we’ve had an expansion of the court. It was in the time of Lincoln that it went up to nine. So the subject of whether that should happen is a discussion. It’s not a rallying cry. But it’s a discussion. The president formed a commission, they did not recommend expansion of the court, that shouldn’t be the end of it," Pelosi said.

"But there certainly should be term limits. There certainly should be — and if nothing else, there should be some ethical rules that would be followed. I had one justice tell me he thought the other justices were people of integrity, like a Clarence Thomas; I'm like 'get out of here,'" she continued.

Comment:
Let's give congressmen and senators term limits first and see how it works out.
Pelosi has been looting the taxpayers and stockholders for over 35 years.
Hey hey ho ho it's time for Pelosi to go.
Pelosi talking about ethics is about outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.
dems like to push things that they did nothing about when they were in power as a way to embarass or influence republicans
Another example is gun control, just like this one

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) says that she supports term limits for the Supreme Court amid scrutiny over the court's ethics standards.

Pelosi also said a conversation should be had about an expansion of the court, but would not outright endorse expanding the court, while speaking on MSNBC's Inside with Jen Psaki.

"It’s been over 150 years since we’ve had an expansion of the court. It was in the time of Lincoln that it went up to nine. So the subject of whether that should happen is a discussion. It’s not a rallying cry. But it’s a discussion. The president formed a commission, they did not recommend expansion of the court, that shouldn’t be the end of it," Pelosi said.

"But there certainly should be term limits. There certainly should be — and if nothing else, there should be some ethical rules that would be followed. I had one justice tell me he thought the other justices were people of integrity, like a Clarence Thomas; I'm like 'get out of here,'" she continued.

Comment:
Pelosi talking about ethics is about outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.

Pelosi and ethics? In the same sentence?

Comment:
I'm not really a supporter of term limits but that was still a good post.

Yes, it is constitutional for congress to decide the number of judges on the SC, however this could cause a lot of chaos if congress starts making changes for purely political purposes.
Democrats are not known for being aware that something they do for short-term advantage now can come back to bite them in the butt later on when Republicans take power back. Obviously, they think they can add justices to get the rulings they want and Republicans won't do the same thing. A few years back, they would have been right because your Dad's Republican party was full of statesmen who didn't want to get in the mud with democrats. That's no longer the case.

Comment:
In the infamous words of Nasty Piglosi: "If you can't win fair and square -- CHEAT!"

iu

Democrats are not known for being aware that something they do for short-term advantage now can come back to bite them in the butt later on when Republicans take power back. Obviously, they think they can add justices to get the rulings they want and Republicans won't do the same thing. A few years back, they would have been right because your Dad's Republican party was full of statesmen who didn't want to get in the mud with democrats. That's no longer the case.
They do that because they are counting on us not lowering ourselves to their level and responding in kind.

Why don’t we do the same thing for the election? Have a massive amount of harvested ballots ready to go in case Biden is ahead in a swing state? We can simply claim a toilet is leaking or a light bulb went out or whatever, send everyone home, sneak back in, and run the ballots through the counter.

They do that because they are counting on us not lowering ourselves to their level and responding in kind.

Why don’t we do the same thing for the election? Have a massive amount of harvested ballots ready to go in case Biden is ahead in a swing state? We can simply claim a toilet is leaking or a light bulb went out or whatever, send everyone home, sneak back in, and run the ballots through the counter.
And then walk around for months claiming there's no evidence of fraud, nothing to see, most secure election in history, etc. No need to explain how a couple hundred thousand votes, ALL for the Republican, just appeared right there, ready to be counted. The shrieking would be epic.

I really don't understand why someone hasn't rectified that.
Just so you know, and for others as well, USMB does NOT condone acts of violence. Before you or anyone else tries to say, "That isn't what that reply says", YES it does. The violence is implied. As a side note, that violates our rules. Consider this your warning for future reference.

Just so you know, and for others as well, USMB does NOT condone acts of violence. Before you or anyone else tries to say, "That isn't what that reply says", YES it does. The violence is implied. As a side note, that violates our rules. Consider this your warning for future reference.

It took you a month to be offended?

Forum List

Back