Pelosi/Schumer/Schiff/Warner order intel agencies to ignore declassify until they are consulted

Okay then....be a coward....
Nothing coward about it. It’s my opinion. That’s it. You can think what you want and I don’t need to know why.
Of course it is cowardly. You don't want to speak the truth as to why you hold this position, because you know the truth will embarrass you.
Keep thinking what you want. I owe you nothing. It’s my opinion. Period.
Yes, and you won't explain why. Funny, that would seem to be such a simple, easy task, for someone so confident in his position... okay then, maybe someone else will pick up where you have tapped out.
You are under the mistaken idea that I owe you
Okay then....be a coward....
Nothing coward about it. It’s my opinion. That’s it. You can think what you want and I don’t need to know why.
Of course it is cowardly. You don't want to speak the truth as to why you hold this position, because you know the truth will embarrass you.
Yes, and you won't explain why. Funny, that would seem to be such a simple, easy task, for someone so confident in his position... okay then, maybe someone else will pick up where you have tapped out.
You are under the mistaken idea that I owe you explanations as to how I think. I don't.
No I'm not. In fact, i only asked as a demonstration, knowing you would wilt like lettuce in the sun. You're a dime a dozen, dude.

Will you two children stop your nattering so we can concentrate on the thread?
Great!

So, do you think a person who is the target of an ongoing federal investigation should have unfettered access to the information possessed by the investigators?

If so....why?

You are under the mistaken idea that I owe you explanations as to how I think. I don't.
No I'm not. In fact, i only asked as a demonstration, knowing you would wilt like lettuce in the sun. You're a dime a dozen, dude.
Not wilting. You ARE mistaken. I owe you nothing. My opinion is mine. If you don’t like it, it’s no big deal. You asked not as a demonstration. You asked because you for some reason think people are obligated to tell you why they believe what the believe. You also mistakenly think that these boards are the place for it. They aren’t. These boards are opinions. If you don’t like that, go somewhere else. You can say dude all you want thinking that shames me, it doesn’t.

Not wilting. You ARE mistaken. I owe you nothing. My opinion is mine. If you don’t like it, it’s no big deal. You asked not as a demonstration. You asked because you for some reason think people are obligated to tell you why they believe what the believe. You also mistakenly think that these boards are the place for it. They aren’t. These boards are opinions. If you don’t like that, go somewhere else. You can say dude all you want thinking that shames me, it doesn’t.
Wow, are you done whining? I get it, you are not going to explain yourself. Good for you. I knew you wouldn't.

Wow, are you done whining? I get it, you are not going to explain yourself. Good for you. I knew you wouldn't.
Whining? Your really are full of self importance.

Are the Intel agencies part of the Executive branch?....Who the fuck are they?....THEY are scared to death over what UNREDACTED documents will say!!! THIS CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A COUP TO ME....Have the Secret Service lock them all up !!!

Democrat Leadership ^

Showdown? In letter, Pelosi/Schumer/Schiff/Warner order intel agencies to ignore presidential order on declassification until consulting with Congres

'Ordered'? I don't think the word means what you think it means. Here's the full letter:

September 18, 2018

The Honorable Daniel Coats
Director
Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Washington, D.C. 20511

The Honorable Rod J. Rosenstein
Deputy Attorney General of the United States
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest
Washington, D.C. 20530

The Honorable Christopher Wray
Director
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest
Washington, D.C. 20535

Dear Director Coats, Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, and Director Wray:

We write to express profound alarm at President Donald Trump’s decision on September 17, 2018 to intervene in an ongoing law enforcement investigation that may implicate the President himself or those around him. The action he has taken, to direct your agencies to selectively disclose classified information that he believes he can manipulate publicly to undermine the legitimacy and credibility of the Special Counsel’s investigation, is a brazen abuse of power. Any decision by your offices to share this material with the President or his lawyers will violate longstanding Department of Justice policies, as well as assurances you have provided to us.

On June 5, 2018, we first wrote to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and Director Wray to express deep concern that the President and his legal team sought to abuse the President’s power to interfere with the Special Counsel’s ongoing investigation and undermine the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation’s lawful and appropriate activities. We underscored that providing the White House and the President’s lawyers access to classified information and investigatory material of the utmost sensitivity – including information related to the Special Counsel’s investigation that implicates the President’s own campaign and associates – would grossly violate our system of checks and balances, fundamental norms, and long-standing, well-founded, and established procedure. Absent an indictment, moreover, the subjects of federal investigation should not be able to access law enforcement or related national security information for any reason.

On June 27, 2018, we wrote again to memorialize the verbal assurance you provided us that DOJ and FBI would not provide the White House or any of the President’s attorneys with access to sensitive information briefed to a small group of designated Members.

On July 12, 2018, we also wrote to Director Coats to express alarm that this information was being made more broadly available within the Congress, in direct contravention of your assurances. In this letter, we noted that during our meetings with all of you on these sensitive matters we discussed at great length the importance of protecting sources and methods and ongoing investigations. As you recall, all of the meetings’ attendees agreed that the information discussed was among the most sensitive type of information and should be protected accordingly. Director Coats’ July 13, 2018 written response to our letter, moreover, underscored his agreement that protecting sources and methods must be a top concern.

Pursuant to the President’s order, announced yesterday evening in a White House press statement, DOJ stated publicly that a declassification review process has been triggered, that DOJ and FBI are “already working with the Director of National Intelligence,” and that this review would be “conducted by various agencies within the intelligence community, in conjunction with the White House Counsel […].” The involvement of the White House Counsel, or any component of the White House, is highly improper and profoundly troubling. President Trump and the White House should not be given access to any sensitive law enforcement or national security information related to an ongoing federal investigation examining conduct by the President, his campaign, or his associates.

In light of the assurances you provided, we request an immediate briefing to the Gang of Eight from you prior to any disclosure of the affected material by your agencies to anyone at the White House. Among other issues of concern, we will need you to clarify in person:

• the exact review process that will be undertaken, including the White House’s role in and visibility into this process and the specific White House officials expected to be involved;
  • your agencies’ proposed redactions and plans to protect investigative equities and sources and methods, including efforts to mitigate harm that may result from these disclosures; and
  • how you intend to comply with statutes binding on the President and executive branch officers and employees, including the Privacy Act.
Your agencies’ review, and any communication with the White House on the substance of the material, should not proceed further until you have briefed the Gang of Eight in person.

Thank you for your immediate attention and we appreciate meeting as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI
House Democratic Leader

CHUCK SCHUMER
Senate Democratic Leader

ADAM SCHIFF
Ranking Member, House Intelligence Committee

MARK WARNER
Vice Chairman, Senate Intelligence Committee

Are the Intel agencies part of the Executive branch?....Who the fuck are they?....THEY are scared to death over what UNREDACTED documents will say!!! THIS CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A COUP TO ME....Have the Secret Service lock them all up !!!

Democrat Leadership ^

Showdown? In letter, Pelosi/Schumer/Schiff/Warner order intel agencies to ignore presidential order on declassification until consulting with Congres
Ha ha, I love to read dumb stuff from dumb sh!ts.

Pu$$y Trump backs off release of documents in Russian probe. When he was asked if he ever read them he said no. That dumb a$$ fuktard didn't even read the documents he wanted to declassify.

How could Republicans be so stupid they fall for this ignorant con man.

Sadly, it says more about them than about Trump.

Democrat Leadership ^

'Ordered'? I don't think the word means what you think it means. Here's the full letter:

September 18, 2018

Director
Washington, D.C. 20511

Washington, D.C. 20530

Director
Washington, D.C. 20535

We write to express profound alarm at President Donald Trump’s decision on September 17, 2018 to intervene in an ongoing law enforcement investigation that may implicate the President himself or those around him. The action he has taken, to direct your agencies to selectively disclose classified information that he believes he can manipulate publicly to undermine the legitimacy and credibility of the Special Counsel’s investigation, is a brazen abuse of power. Any decision by your offices to share this material with the President or his lawyers will violate longstanding Department of Justice policies, as well as assurances you have provided to us.

On June 5, 2018, we first wrote to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and Director Wray to express deep concern that the President and his legal team sought to abuse the President’s power to interfere with the Special Counsel’s ongoing investigation and undermine the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation’s lawful and appropriate activities. We underscored that providing the White House and the President’s lawyers access to classified information and investigatory material of the utmost sensitivity – including information related to the Special Counsel’s investigation that implicates the President’s own campaign and associates – would grossly violate our system of checks and balances, fundamental norms, and long-standing, well-founded, and established procedure. Absent an indictment, moreover, the subjects of federal investigation should not be able to access law enforcement or related national security information for any reason.

On June 27, 2018, we wrote again to memorialize the verbal assurance you provided us that DOJ and FBI would not provide the White House or any of the President’s attorneys with access to sensitive information briefed to a small group of designated Members.

On July 12, 2018, we also wrote to Director Coats to express alarm that this information was being made more broadly available within the Congress, in direct contravention of your assurances. In this letter, we noted that during our meetings with all of you on these sensitive matters we discussed at great length the importance of protecting sources and methods and ongoing investigations. As you recall, all of the meetings’ attendees agreed that the information discussed was among the most sensitive type of information and should be protected accordingly. Director Coats’ July 13, 2018 written response to our letter, moreover, underscored his agreement that protecting sources and methods must be a top concern.

Pursuant to the President’s order, announced yesterday evening in a White House press statement, DOJ stated publicly that a declassification review process has been triggered, that DOJ and FBI are “already working with the Director of National Intelligence,” and that this review would be “conducted by various agencies within the intelligence community, in conjunction with the White House Counsel […].” The involvement of the White House Counsel, or any component of the White House, is highly improper and profoundly troubling. President Trump and the White House should not be given access to any sensitive law enforcement or national security information related to an ongoing federal investigation examining conduct by the President, his campaign, or his associates.

In light of the assurances you provided, we request an immediate briefing to the Gang of Eight from you prior to any disclosure of the affected material by your agencies to anyone at the White House. Among other issues of concern, we will need you to clarify in person:

• the exact review process that will be undertaken, including the White House’s role in and visibility into this process and the specific White House officials expected to be involved;
  • your agencies’ proposed redactions and plans to protect investigative equities and sources and methods, including efforts to mitigate harm that may result from these disclosures; and
  • how you intend to comply with statutes binding on the President and executive branch officers and employees, including the Privacy Act.
Your agencies’ review, and any communication with the White House on the substance of the material, should not proceed further until you have briefed the Gang of Eight in person.

Thank you for your immediate attention and we appreciate meeting as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI
House Democratic Leader

CHUCK SCHUMER
Senate Democratic Leader

ADAM SCHIFF

MARK WARNER
They had nothing to do with Pu$$y Trump whimping out.

Democrat Leadership ^

September 18, 2018

Director
Washington, D.C. 20511

Washington, D.C. 20530

Director
Washington, D.C. 20535

Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI
House Democratic Leader

CHUCK SCHUMER
Senate Democratic Leader

ADAM SCHIFF

MARK WARNER

"Any decision by your offices to share this material with the President or his lawyers will violate longstanding Department of Justice policies, as well as assurances you have provided to us."

Now why on Earth would Senate Democrats want assurances that facts will never be disclosed to the public?

Why would the mere leaking of said facts, a national sport among Democrats normally, suddenly become such a crisis for them?

They have no such authority. If the agencies obey them, terminations are in order.
That won't be a concern, as only the House of Representatives has oversight authority and that authority does not extend to giving orders to the intelligence agencies.

I think that if they slow walk this, they should be charged with insubordination and fired immediately.

They should be permitted to take ONLY that time that will hide methods and sources, nothing more.

I hope they do slow walk this....and I hope after November Trump fires all of them.....this would give him the chance to really clean out the obama hold overs and put the fear of Trump into all those morons ......

I can't wait to vote in November....

They have no such authority. If the agencies obey them, terminations are in order.
That won't be a concern, as only the House of Representatives has oversight authority and that authority does not extend to giving orders to the intelligence agencies.

I think that if they slow walk this, they should be charged with insubordination and fired immediately.

They should be permitted to take ONLY that time that will hide methods and sources, nothing more.

I hope they do slow walk this....and I hope after November Trump fires all of them.....this would give him the chance to really clean out the obama hold overs and put the fear of Trump into all those morons ......

I can't wait to vote in November....

You may not enjoy the investigations that the dems will announce when they take key subcommittees.

Forum List

Back