Pelosi says that Trump is worse than Nixon and that he should resign

How many here think Trump will follow Nancy's advice and resign?

• YES, Trump will resign

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • NO, Trump will NOT resign

Votes: 37 92.5%

• Total voters
Trump reminds me a lot of Nixon

Same paranoia, enemies list, turning on the media, attacking the educated

Nixon won the Vietnam War and made peace with Red China. The Democrat's shut down our ammo, food and oil in Vietnam. Democrat Wilber Mills turned all three back on again from a secret fund. A few years later Wilber jumped into Potomac River with a Stripper, Fanny Foxx. Park Police were called and showed up. Skinny Dipping is illegal in the Potomac River.

Wrong

Meanwhile, the United States, its military demoralized and its civilian electorate deeply divided, began a process of coming to terms with defeat in what had been its longest and most controversial war. The two countries finally resumed formal diplomatic relations in 1995.

Vietnam War | Facts, Summary, Casualties, & Combatants

he hasn’t, not from what I’ve seen. But he should. The Dems have been out to get him since day one. They have corrupted all of our intelligence agencies and even our courts. If Trump is going to root out all that corruption then he needs to know what’s going on... maybe getting the Ukrainians to help is a smart move. Perhaps China and Russia could help too. Thoughts?
dunno. i'm on about 10 hours sleep on the last 3 days and not sure if i'm fading or not but this was a reasonable response.

the problem here is his "checking" is what the dems have gone nuts about to impeach him for. they don't really seem to care what gets rid of him, only that they do.
Well of course that’s all they care about, he is a threat to their power and the system of government that they’ve worked most of their lives to build. So how to proceed when we can’t trust our own agencies. There really isn’t any other option but to go third party and collect as much damning evidence as possible so we can let the public know how corrupt the deep state and the Dems are. Agreed? How would you proceed?
this is where I get confused

you say we can't trust our own agencies.

I agree.

yet these agencies let Hillary walk and you trust them on that action.

I'd just as soon we get rid of em all, dust off the Constitution and go back to our roots. we however are not a mature enough country to do that when where people pee causes years of controversy.
The Hillary situation is what really exposed how bad they’ve become. If they were legit then she would be behind bars. That fact that she isn’t means that the deep state covered for her and is not to be trusted
seems like last time we had this convo it was "they cleared her, that's enough for me".

what changed?
I'm trying out a different angle

Nixon spied on the Dems because he could. that's what powerful people do. the fact that he was gonna crush McGovern is irrelevant
Nixon was the leader of the free world and responsible for the safety of all Americans. Wasn’t it his responsibility to investigate corruption within the Democratic Party before they possibly took over the White House? I don’t see what the big deal was. Nixon was being a patriot!
yet, trump is looking for corruption in the democratic party, and look at 'em go nuts!

nixon wanted to weaponize the gov against his opponents. i've asked this before but no one have ever answered. we've seen obama spy on others, the FISA reports so are are damning, and the FBI has "insurance policies" out against trump. the "resistance" has been on since the day he was elected.

when has trump "weaponized" the gov against the democrats?

A much better question is "when have the democrats weaponized the government against the Republicans and Trump"? ANS: 2016
Let's see: the IRS persecuted conservative groups. Obama spied on Journalists. Universities routinely bar conservative speakers. Hillary paid thugs to beat up people attending Trump rallies. Then there was the 2 1/2 year "Russia! Russia! Russia!" hoax. . . . . .

Shall I go on?

Nixon spied on the Dems because he could. that's what powerful people do. the fact that he was gonna crush McGovern is irrelevant
Nixon was the leader of the free world and responsible for the safety of all Americans. Wasn’t it his responsibility to investigate corruption within the Democratic Party before they possibly took over the White House? I don’t see what the big deal was. Nixon was being a patriot!
yet, trump is looking for corruption in the democratic party, and look at 'em go nuts!

nixon wanted to weaponize the gov against his opponents. i've asked this before but no one have ever answered. we've seen obama spy on others, the FISA reports so are are damning, and the FBI has "insurance policies" out against trump. the "resistance" has been on since the day he was elected.

when has trump "weaponized" the gov against the democrats?

A much better question is "when have the democrats weaponized the government against the Republicans and Trump"? ANS: 2016
Let's see: the IRS persecuted conservative groups. Obama spied on Journalists. Universities routinely bar conservative speakers. Hillary paid thugs to beat up people attending Trump rallies. Then there was the 2 1/2 year "Russia! Russia! Russia!" hoax. . . . . .

Shall I go on?
Four Americans died in Benghazi. So they really didn't care about ambassadors.

You’re l
Its funny that you can even ask that fucking question after 2016 and how the democrats broke the law going after Trump. Let me refresh your memory:
1. Hillary pays RUSSIANS to FABRICATE LIES about Trump and put them in several versions of the Steele Dossiers.
2. The Obama admin used foreign assets to entrap Popadope such that the DOJ/FBI could illegally spy on Trump via a bullshit FISA warrant using Hillary's Steele Dossier
3. The FBI entrapped General Flynn and used very high pressure tactics to get him to lie about Trump
4. Hillary had an illegal server in her bathroom, that the FBI and DOJ gave her a pass on
5. The deep state conspirators have "insurance policies" against the Trump admin, leakers and whistle-blowers that pop up on occasion
6. The deep state conspirators enabled the Mueller Investigation into Russian Collusion, making Trump basically prove his innocence, which he did
7. Barr, Huber, Durham, and Horowitz are going to issue indictments for real crimes.

So to answer your question.
1. Trump said "no quid pro quo" to Sondland, meaning no US "demand" for an investigation
2. Law Professors Dershowitz and Turley both said that the Ukraine call was not a crime nor impeachable

Why the Framers would reject the Democrats' impeachment criteria
Trump's Ukraine transcript: Unwise words but no proof of a crime

I think that Trump is so used to dancing on the edge of the Law that he thought that he could "finesse" Ukraine to investigate Burisma (and the Bidens) with a short delay in the military aid. Zelensky didn't bite and authorize the investigation, he's new and basically a comedian. Trump got burned by that stunt. I hope he learned his lesson. He should have gone all in on investigating Burisma without mentioning the Bidens. He could have quoted the law that requires him to investigate corruption. All 3 witnesses have said that Burisma is corrupt. Trump could have said that future relations depend on what happens to Burisma's investigation.
Wow, the ultimate deflection there... jump to the finger-pointing and then to the defense of Trump. My question had nothing to do with any of that... I was simply asking If the accusations were all true would they constitute a crime
Funny how you Dimwingers have been relegated to what ifs and fantasies.

Impeachment not going so well, huh?:5_1_12024:
You are like the 8th person who has dodged answering the question... I didn’t realize it was that scary
I don’t deal in libnut TDS influenced fantasies.

Got anything remotely related to the real world?
yeah this is a real world question about law and what is right, wrong, proper and improper for a president to do. So what say you? OF the accusations are true is that a crime? (I understand that you don’t think they are true, that’s not my question) can you give a straight answer?
Once again, I don't deal in fantasies. I leave that to you terminal TDS afflicted chowderheads.

Nixon was much more intelligent than Trump

Both suffered from extreme personality disorder

You’re l
Wow, the ultimate deflection there... jump to the finger-pointing and then to the defense of Trump. My question had nothing to do with any of that... I was simply asking If the accusations were all true would they constitute a crime

You are like the 8th person who has dodged answering the question... I didn’t realize it was that scary

yeah this is a real world question about law and what is right, wrong, proper and improper for a president to do. So what say you? OF the accusations are true is that a crime? (I understand that you don’t think they are true, that’s not my question) can you give a straight answer?
Once again, I don't deal in fantasies. I leave that to you terminal TDS afflicted chowderheads.
its not a fantasy it’s a legal question... if your kid asks you if he is allowed to throw rocks through the neighbors window do you not answer because you don’t deal in fantasies? Why are you scared to answer a question yet you take the time to write out a dodge/excuse... I find that so odd

we saw witness intimidation in real time by Trump this week.

we never had that with Nixon.

ergo, Trump is worse than Nixon!

The witness was made to fear testifying? how so? please explain.
Actually, bro, unless you're a criminal attorney, no one really cares what your opinion is

Those of us with that background, who have worked witness tampering cases, can offer opinions that matter

That's how expertise works—something that was valued, before Trump
Glad to know we can dismiss your opinion on every subject except getting criminals off the hook.

You’re l

its not a fantasy it’s a legal question... if your kid asks you if he is allowed to throw rocks through the neighbors window do you not answer because you don’t deal in fantasies? Why are you scared to answer a question yet you take the time to write out a dodge/excuse... I find that so odd
If my kid asked my opinion beforehand, I would advise him.

Your analogy fails to work with your fantasy.

Pelosi knows the democrat elections aren't going good. She knows that the impeachment is dead. She is hoping that slinging a little mud might help. Let's face it there are those that will believe anything.
Yeah. The dufuses that fell for Russian Mueller hoax

Nixon was much more intelligent than Trump

Both suffered from extreme personality disorder

Nixon was a political animal. Trump is a multi-billionaire.
Here is Trump's empire: The Trump Organization - Wikipedia
Nixon couldn't begin to manage such an empire. Not smart enough.

Nixon resigned the presidency and wrote a few books.

Nixon was a failure, Trump is an amazing success.

Pelosi is caught in a trap that was purposely set for her, and neither she, nor Adam Schiff, nor Nadler and company have a way out.

Watch and see.

Pelosi is caught in a trap that was purposely set for her, and neither she, nor Adam Schiff, nor Nadler and company have a way out.

Watch and see.

Totally agree Tree. The GOP senators are sharpening their knives and prepping their lawyers to get the best set of facts out. Imagine Schiff, Ciaramella, Nadler, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Ukrainian prosecutors, Obama admin folks on the stand...too delicious before the 2020 election.

Forum List

Back