Pelosi says she doesn't have the votes to pass the Senate Bill

The House passed a healthcare bill, a better bill than the Senate bill, months ago. The Senate bill is a Republican contaminated mess because of the supermajority crap.

How do you know it was a better bill? Have you read both of them? The republicans had nothing to do with the bill dumbass, this belongs to the democrats and no one else. They had their 60 votes and they blew it!

Lieberman is not a Democrat. Read a paper.

Lieberman has been officially listed in Senate records for the 110th and 111th Congresses as an "Independent Democrat" and sits as part of the Senate Democratic Caucus.

Joe Lieberman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you evidence that says differently? Your problem is you can't back up anything you say. You stated the House Bill was better than the Senate Bill but you refuse to clarify it. You also stated that tort reform would only reduce healthcare cost by 1 percent and again you have nothing to support your claim. I'm beginning to think you're nothing but a little troll. So either put up or shut up!

Lieberman is self-described Independent/Democrat. That's what i read in the paper anyway. :)

No, Lieberman is the Independent who BEAT the DEMOCRAT Ned Lamont in 2006 to win re-election. Lieberman got 70% of the Republican vote in Connecticut to accomplish that.

And he endorsed John McCain for president.

Now...somebody tell me how many conservatives around here would describe as one of their own an independent who was voted in with Democrat vote, beating a Republican, and then endorsed Barack Obama for president?

Use your fucking heads people.

Lieberman ran as an independent because he lost the primary. However, he caucases with the democrats.

Come on people ... give Pelosi a break!
She's still mad because someone dropped a house on her sister!

California Girl, I'll donate to the wreath! lol

So long farewell, auf weidersehen good-bye ....
heh ... heh ... heh

Lieberman is self-described Independent/Democrat. That's what i read in the paper anyway. :)

No, Lieberman is the Independent who BEAT the DEMOCRAT Ned Lamont in 2006 to win re-election. Lieberman got 70% of the Republican vote in Connecticut to accomplish that.

Now...somebody tell me how many conservatives around here would describe as one of their own an independent who was voted in with Democrat vote, beating a Republican, and then endorsed Barack Obama for president?

Regardless of who he endorsess or how he votes, he's still an Independent/Democrat and sits as part of the Senate Democratic Caucus. Use your fucking head!!

So then I guess all of the democrats in congress dont use their heads either...seeing as they refer to him as their own and allow him as a memeber of their caucus.

Use your fucking head carbineer....

Not dead just yet, but I think they are looking for a funeral home.

The tombstone has already been inscribed....

Are we, as USMB, sending a wreath? :lol::lol::lol:

Wonder if they can kick Pelosi and Reid into that same hole ??? You know. A three for one kinda deal??Save a little space. Help the environment. After all Pelosi and Reid are so in love with this bill, they should go down with their ship. Oh yes. Works for me.

Yea Tort Reform alone doesn't solve all the problems but it would be a great start. The Democrats just need to take a deep breath,unlock those meeting room doors,and allow the Republicans to come in and join the discussion. The Democrats have been incredibly dismissive and arrogant all throughout this process. That old saying "Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely" definitely applies to the Democrats at this point. The Republicans do have some good ideas so the Democrats just need to swallow their pride and let them join the discussion. I hope they do the right thing. There is still plenty of time to get this right.

Tort reform would be lucky to lower your healthcare costs by 1%.

You got a source for this number?

FYI, lowering costs is but one benefit of tort reform...

Allowing more qualified doctors to afford insurance and stay in pratice or stay in state is but another...

Use your fucking head...

The House passed a healthcare bill, a better bill than the Senate bill, months ago. The Senate bill is a Republican contaminated mess because of the supermajority crap.

How do you know it was a better bill? Have you read both of them? The republicans had nothing to do with the bill dumbass, this belongs to the democrats and no one else. They had their 60 votes and they blew it!

Lieberman is not a Democrat. Read a paper.

Neither is Bernie Sanders but they both Caucasus with the Senate Democrats and lately have generally come pretty cheap when the progressives need to buy a couple of extra votes ((Sanders usually comes along free of charge) for whatever nonsense they decide to foist on the American People.

So don't blame Joe Lieberman on this one, just go back to blaming George W. Bush since the progressives have that spiel down pat and most people don't like George W. Bush anyways. :D

Yea Tort Reform alone doesn't solve all the problems but it would be a great start. The Democrats just need to take a deep breath,unlock those meeting room doors,and allow the Republicans to come in and join the discussion. The Democrats have been incredibly dismissive and arrogant all throughout this process. That old saying "Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely" definitely applies to the Democrats at this point. The Republicans do have some good ideas so the Democrats just need to swallow their pride and let them join the discussion. I hope they do the right thing. There is still plenty of time to get this right.

Allowing more qualified doctors to afford insurance and stay in pratice or stay in state is but another...

Use your fucking head...

Not to mention freeing up the courts for more important issues....allowing doctors to practice mediceine as opposed to practicing "need to cover my ass".....

And as for that 1%....may be acurate may not be accurate. I can not say it is wrong as I have not seen any number whatsoever...

But I will admit...it seems very much on the low side to me....I would like to see proof of that number if at all possible.

Source: Fox News

"WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she does not have the votes to pass the Senate's version of a health insurance bill that is now in severe jeopardy of being scrapped.

Just days ago, that was the most viable option for keeping alive President Obama's top domestic priority, but with the election of Republican Scott Brown to the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, the fragile coalition of Democrats has broken apart as lawmakers bicker over which portions of the $900 billion, 10-year Senate bill they will and won't accept."

Full story here --> Pelosi: Not Enough Votes to Pass Senate Health Bill in House

Somebody call the funeral home because Obamacare is DEAD. :D

It isn't in danger of being scrapped just yet. That is either your spin or Fox News.

Use your fucking head...

Interesting article on tort reform results from Texas here ... Economists Find Mixed Results on Tort Reform | Online NewsHour | September 25, 2009 | PBS

Excerpt
"Texas passed a medical liability law in 2004. Tom Royer, a physician and the CEO of CHRISTUS Health, a non-profit hospital system headquartered in Texas, says that before caps were put in place, the system's medical malpractice costs had hit nearly $100 million per year. This year, its malpractice costs were $2.8 million."

And here The story behind tort reform success in Texas

Excerpt
"The 2003 Legislature just passed a sweeping set of medical liability reforms and a proposed constitutional amendment to validate a non-economic damage cap in the state constitution. Texas physicians couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome."

And here Doctors' Best Medical Cost-Cutting Ideas: Tort Reform, Tort Reform And Tort Reform - tipponline.com

Excerpt
"Of the 1,376 doctors who responded to our survey, 48% mentioned tort reform as the best way to slow the rise in medical costs. The No. 2 preferred cost-cutting measure was "insurance reform," at 18%, followed by reform of pharmaceuticals, at 6%."

"WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she does not have the votes to pass the Senate's version of a health insurance bill that is now in severe jeopardy of being scrapped.

Just days ago, that was the most viable option for keeping alive President Obama's top domestic priority, but with the election of Republican Scott Brown to the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, the fragile coalition of Democrats has broken apart as lawmakers bicker over which portions of the $900 billion, 10-year Senate bill they will and won't accept."

Full story here --> Pelosi: Not Enough Votes to Pass Senate Health Bill in House

It isn't in danger of being scrapped just yet. That is either your spin or Fox News.

LOL, yeah and just keep "Hoping" and maybe reality will "Change" , let me know how that works out for you. :D

The Senate version is dead....

AP verson for those who refuse to believe FoxNews: Pelosi: House lacks votes to OK Senate health bill - Yahoo! News

LOL, yeah and just keep "Hoping" and maybe reality will "Change" , let me know how that works out for you. :D

Don't have to let you know, you and Fox News can see for yourself. Democrats are still the majority. One Inde statewide win didn't exactly change your reality, loser.

Of course she don't... The Shot Heard Across Time and Space that was Tedward's Seat going (R) has made just about EVERY DemocRAT up for Election just a tad Punchy... :rofl:

That Vote Probably Killed Kennedy in the Afterlife...

:)

peace...

Don't have to let you know, you and Fox News can see for yourself. Democrats are still the majority. One Inde statewide win didn't exactly change your reality, loser.

THAT would be why Obama and Pelosi are both saying it is dead. Sure thing retard.

Yep, change the subject and call people names, that's all you progressives do anymore (hint call me all the names you like, it won't change the facts any more than you hoping for them to change will).

Things were more fun back in the days when progressives actually had the gumption to debate their notions on based their merits, it's too bad so many don't seem to possess the capacity for it anymore.

Anywho .. RIP Obamacare.

Forum List

Back