Peace Demonstrators in Los Angeles

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABjE_7uwA0I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Daniel in the lions' den draws fangs; Muslims deny flotilla lynch-mob- then become one[/ame]

It was a violence demonstration. Both sides were supporting hostile actions by their side. Fortunatelym they remained peaceful in their protest.

Allahu Akbar does not mean "Allah is the greater God"

Allahu Akbar means "God is Great!"

---

There is only the God of Abraham in Islam, morons.

---

God is great, God is the greatest, God is most great. Translating is not an exact science, and the translation Allah is the greater God is a reasonable one for the takbeer. However you translate it, it is a battle cry among the Palestinians, and other Muslims forces.

God is great, God is the greatest, God is most great. Translating is not an exact science, and the translation Allah is the greater God is a reasonable one for the takbeer. However you translate it, it is a battle cry among the Palestinians, and other Muslims forces.
"Allah is the greater God" is intended to inflame the (idiotic) Christian viewer into thinking "Screw Allah! I worship GOD!"

Imagine if a Muslim Video translated a Christian prayer as "Jesus is the greater God!" It would make Muslims think that Christians are placing Jesus above God (which the Koran states Christians do).

What does any of that have to do with my post? I personally do not care what Christians do with Jesus, or God. I figure if he has a problem with it He can straighten it out, it is not my job.

What does any of that have to do with my post? I personally do not care what Christians do with Jesus, or God. I figure if he has a problem with it He can straighten it out, it is not my job.
It's the first line that appears in the freeze-frame of your video, and immediately makes me not trust the producers of the video.

The anti-Israel protesters are annoyingly loud, but my saying that is not going to stop them.

---

"Allah is the greater god" is a horribly insufficient English rendering of Allahu Akbar. The phrase contains no mention of any "god" besides Allah (SWT).

As for it being a "war cry"... that's just stupid. It's uttered by each Muslim many times a day as part of obligatory prayers.

Allahu Akbar = Gloria in excelsis Deo

God is Great = Glory to God in the highest

---

"Allah is the greater god" is a horribly insufficient English rendering of Allahu Akbar. The phrase contains no mention of any "god" besides Allah (SWT).

As for it being a "war cry"... that's just stupid. It's uttered by each Muslim many times a day as part of obligatory prayers.

My Arabic is all but non existent, let us not quibble about things like that, I will just accept your greater knowledge in this area.

You don't think the takbeer could be used as a war cry? If it is nothing more than a prayer, why was it being yelled out while the crowd was following that young man with the flag of Israel? I doubt I would yell "God is great" if I was angry at someone, and chasing them down the street. Just because you would not use it that way, does not mean that others do not.

It's the first line that appears in the freeze-frame of your video, and immediately makes me not trust the producers of the video.

The anti-Israel protesters are annoyingly loud, but my saying that is not going to stop them.

Unless you can provide some sort of evidence that the video was edited, and those protestors did not follow that man down the street yelling at him, I don't see why the person who added the subtitles makes a difference to the facts shown.

Forum List

Back