Peace At Last

evil schwartzamigger:

how original! too bad i'm not even close to a birkentsock sportin, petuli oil stinkin mutha sucka! keep hoping!

Originally posted by spillmind
no, i'm not.

but your quote:

...only fits into the times of his most heinous crimes PRIOR to the gulf war.

Although the largest portion of the killings he was responsible for happened prior to 1991, it still continued after that and didn't show any signs of stopping. He still had people killed, as did his sons.

They needed to be removed and they were.

Any resistance, uprising & terror acts that occur in Iraq certainly in no way mean we shouldn't have acted. Things will probably still get a bit worse before they get better. Ultimately they will be MUCH better of than they were before. At least they have a chance now, something they did not have before.

good point jim, they at least have a chance now.

albeit very slim.

I don't think anyone ever really thought things would be all peachy as soon as Saddam was history. There is obviously going to be some anti-american sentiment leftover and an internal battle for the government which will shape the future for all citizens.

This is a huge task that is going to take many years to come full circle.

Anybody with half a brain can see what's going on here. The people formerly in power in this region are feeling it slip away. In that fear they are attacking. They aren't even attacking Americans. this recent attack was seemingly targeted against other Iraqi's.

These people favor power over peace. The question is should the U.S. have stayed out of it and just let it be?

The oil production has already surpassed the prewar levels , electricity is back throughout the country , things are getting back to normal (as normal as a third world country filled with mostly illiterate people can expect). Once that oil money starts effecting the public with improved services , roads , etc. , the Iraqi people will see first hand how much that vile , pile of camel sheet Saddam ripped off his people . They will be the ones that will never want to go back to those days . These proud people will be lining up to defend their own from oppresive asswipes like Bin Laden . . . . or maybe not, as long as we have a new source for oil that is semistable , that is what is really important . USA forever!

oh?? you've been there? or you've talked with those who have a non partisan general accurate opinion? :laugh: ok, man.
things are getting back to normal (as normal as a third world country filled with mostly illiterate people can expect).
yeah, except that most of these kinds of countries don't have a huge american occupying force, let alone segragated demographics that stop at nothing to murder for their own secular cause.

i repeat that the same people that were complete pessimists about saddam are the eternal optimists about iraq becoming a democracy, let alone stable.

it's would be nice, but i for one will believe it when i see it. for now, let's stick with the present day reality.
These people favor power over peace. The question is should the U.S. have stayed out of it and just let it be?
what would have been the alternative? strict sanctions? remember iraq went to the EURO in 2002! i think we could have achevied that exact desired affect (over a longer period of time) without all the death. but that is only speculation.

i think we could have achevied that exact desired affect (over a longer period of time) without all the death. but that is only speculation.

Less to the U.S. maybe. Not to the Iraqi people and much longer wait for real freedom, if ever.

Well Spilledmind ,
I know how nonpartisan your info is , Palo Alto !:p: Have you applied for a fake marriage license yet ?
Actually , growing up in an Air Force familyand knowing numerous people in Iraq , I guess I am not really getting the nonpartisan information that you are getting in Northern California .
The fact is George W. Bush could come up with a cure for all of the diseases of the world tomorrow and people like you would want to see documentation and then whine about loss of jobs in the healthcare sector .
How nonpartisan are your sources ? You are still harping about Desert Storm and how President Bush didn't go into Baghdad against the UN's wishes . Isn't your criticism of the current President Bush that he went against the UN (united Nerds) by attacking Saddam and his army? You sound like John F. Kerry-Heinz , very confused about what you believe but flexible enough to be for whatever President Bush is against or against anything Bush is for. Wow , what incredible leadership qualities .

He still had people killed, as did his sons.[/QUOTE]

MINORITY REPORT by Christopher Hitchens

" I am as enthralled as the next person by the sheaves of money assembled for George Walker Bush. (What did he do to be shorn at birth of his Herbert?) But I'm even more fascinated by the fact that on June 17 he signed his hundredth death warrant. There was an execution on the day of his inauguration as governor of Texas, which I don't count, and there has been one every two weeks or so ever since. Part of a governor's job is to review capital cases: This means that Bush has either (a) been doing little else but reviewing death sentences or (b) been signing death warrants as fast as they can be put in front of him."

http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html
All this in a free country?

What a cute web site , "music" by grand theft auto? I'm sure that flashy crap has a lot of credibility with 12 year old kids and obviously you . Isn't it amazing that the incredible work that this "investigative reporter" produced out of thin air only showed up on some childish web site .Pert little Katie Courick didn't even cover it and she buys anything that is against the Bush administration .
The fact that Algore couldn't even carry his home state had more to do with his loss . That was 11 electoral votes . Lieberman didn't carry his home state either . Why is John F.Kerry-Heinz going to be the Dem's nominee rather than Algore? If he actually won last time it would seem it would be easier this time around.
Instead , the Dems are going to run a lightweight gigilo , amazing . And you watch little kid web sites and believe the crap they spew , even more amazing. You should be more concerned with the prospect that a gigilo could get elected and hand over the protection of our country to the UN. :asshole:

Originally posted by Bushisdumb
He still had people killed, as did his sons.

MINORITY REPORT by Christopher Hitchens

" I am as enthralled as the next person by the sheaves of money assembled for George Walker Bush. (What did he do to be shorn at birth of his Herbert?) But I'm even more fascinated by the fact that on June 17 he signed his hundredth death warrant. There was an execution on the day of his inauguration as governor of Texas, which I don't count, and there has been one every two weeks or so ever since. Part of a governor's job is to review capital cases: This means that Bush has either (a) been doing little else but reviewing death sentences or (b) been signing death warrants as fast as they can be put in front of him."

http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html
All this in a free country?

Very sad that you can't comprehend the difference between the death penalty to those who commit heinous crimes and Saddam and Sons killing people AS a heinous crime.

Thanks for the cute little flash movie. I gotta crack up every time a Bush hater posts them. "I have no argument so I will post a cutesie little movie to make a diversion" :laugh:

Ya know , I didn't pay attention to the quote in the post from that child using the Bush name , I went straight to the web joke he was pushing.
Being a citizen of Texas , I feel the Govenor's job is to uphold the laws of Texas . It is the law of Texas to execute low life scum , it is not easy to get that sentence . You have to be a very special piece of crap to be put to death . The GOVENOR DOESN'T GIVE THAT SENTENCE ! Numerous judges and juries give the felon that sentence . A Govenor has the power to stay an execution , he doesn't sign a death warrant . It is the citizens of this state that want those jerks killed , we don't want them breathing the same air as we do .
Where were you clowns when Ma Richards was the Govenor ? Oh thats right , that pig of a woman is a Democrit . Then again , I haven't seen these complaints about the current Govenor who is a Republican . I'm sure it is nothing more than pure hatred for our current and next President .
I find it so very hypocritical that the very same asswipes that whine about executing criminals that did horendous acts to qualify for that penalty , will defend to the death a law that allows a mother to execute her totally innocent baby . A couple of weeks ago a healthy 12 monce child was born 2 months early , she would have been defined a fetus by the "right to murder" crowd . Sound just hypocritical enough to be a John F. Kerry-Heinz supporter .

Well Spilledmind
how incredibly original! that's brilliant! :eek:
Have you applied for a fake marriage license yet ?
yeah, i guess living here makes me a FAG? shows me the unwavering logic that you are weilding. :rolleyes:

and i guess 'knowing' tons of people of there makes you an expert on the ground. please forgive me for ever doubting your credentials. no wonder you love bush, similar tunnel vision you've got going on there.

The fact is George W. Bush could come up with a cure for all of the diseases of the world tomorrow and people like you would want to see documentation and then whine about loss of jobs in the healthcare sector .
dude, where do you get this nonsense from?

BUSH HAS HARDLY COME UP WITH A CURE FOR ALL THE DISEASES IN THE WORLD, let alone figured out how to run a damn baseball team, let alone a country! if it weren't for daddy, he'd just be another village idiot!!! luckily, that silver spoon is jammed so far up his nose, it's made him into an easily manipulated mouthpiece. and it's not limited to repulicans. so get off my trying to get down on bush, because in my opinion, kerry is JUST as shady and CORRUPT as bush!!!!

fact is, you still support a CORRUPT party, and it shows you are just some chest beater for the republican cause, hook line and sinker. why don't you name some things you're unhappy about that bush has done. anything???

You are still harping about Desert Storm and how President Bush didn't go into Baghdad against the UN's wishes .
... this time, READ my post, and see the point i was making about how we should have ousted saddam AFTER HIS MOST HEINOUS crimes. the fact that we didn't and we wanted to now is NOT A MATTER OF THE RIGHT THING TO DO, but merely an oppotunistic excuse!

Isn't your criticism of the current President Bush that he went against the UN (united Nerds)
how old are you, kid? 50???? :laugh: it's funny to hear you say that bush is a great leader! you're only fooling yourself.

If you don't like Bush or don't like Kerry who would you support? Or if i'm guessing right you are an anarchist? Don't snicker its just a question because i'm having a hard time figuring out what team you play for because all we get is bitching and moaning and false accusations which leads me to believe that its more of a philosopht deal with you, not so much that Bush is a moron but rather that he's conservative that you don't like. Its the same old thing, conservative ideals can't be argued against logically so its all about the attack which we saw from 92-00 with Clinton.

if this is what girls look like in your hood:

posing.jpg

Spillmind,
quote:

Also note the last major bombing (police stations) resulted in a three-fold increase in applications to the police force in that area among Kurds, Shi'ites, and Suuni's alike.

oh really? i'd like to see that information.
No, it’s pointless to try to pull this up really. If you want to get into the malcontent Iraqi police trainees and the omens of their mass exodus which was all over the news media the size of the police force now in play puts all the predictions of failure to rest. Stick with hard numbers.

It’s a rough estimate but the active domestic police force in Iraq today now employs over 190,000 personnel out of 25 Million. That would be .76% of the total population. More than twice the rate of law enforcement employment compared to the US (1M out of 290M = .33%). That’s the double the beat of US cops and I’d say that’s good enough.

Liberal media was pushing this perception of a disloyal, demoralized and evaporating Iraqi police force. We heard over several months how problems in recruitment threatened US attempts and suddenly we’re full on with 200K boots on the streets?

AP has tried very hard to scrape up a dozen troops who can harp about their lack of gun size compare to the US.

“About a dozen Iraqi policemen who spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday expressed resentment toward the Americans, who are better armed and less vulnerable to attack. “

So no wonder the defeatist attitude. IS that all they GOT? Is this all AP could dig out?

BBC and Reuters failed to actually find any negative spin on the police situation and issued the first remotely positive headlines regarding the Iraq war in their history. If a story of 190,000 who do not whine or threaten violence are interviewed the gist is this vibe:

Pride, Paycheck Keep Iraqi Security Forces on Job
Iraqis brave attacks to join up

While i also agree with most of what comrade asserts, i posted this to further emphasize the continued, consistent insecurity in iraq. until this is eliminated, Iraq will have a very hard time trying to generate investors, and a stable business infrastructure.

I give it six months after US transfer of authority until the police, border guards, judiciary, etc. put a halt to any would-be terrorist or network of terrorists. The Ass-hats galumping around the country looking to stir up trouble will fold once the Iraqi government is more or less operational and in play. If they can’t specifically destroy remaining scumbags they should at least hold public opinion together enought to prevent any major uprisings the attacks hope to inspire.. Domestic intelligence will track down serious threats with more effectiveness than any possible US attempts. And a fully functional Iraqi government isn’t going to let Syria, Iran, and others screw around with what will be exclusive Iraqi politics and sending trouble across the border to mess with Iraqi government business will be regarded as a serious violation of the affairs the new government will be responsible for. Real consequences, perhaps even the threat of direct war, will keep it's neighbors honest especially if the US sticks around. Six months after transfer and all this may be a reality. Barring Kerry taking the helm, and bailing out of Iraq w/o a care for it's future, I'd lay money down that this will be the status.

Forum List

Back