PE, something pour vous!

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
Do you know anything about this?

Mugged by la Réalité

From the April 11, 2005 issue: The unreported race riot in France.
by Olivier Guitta
04/11/2005, Volume 010, Issue 28

FR D RIC ENCEL, PROFESSOR OF international relations at the prestigious Ecole Nationale d'Administration in Paris and a man not known for crying wolf, recently stated that France is becoming a new Lebanon. The implication, far-fetched though it may seem, was that civil upheaval might be no more than a few years off, sparked by growing ethnic and religious polarization. In recent weeks, a series of events has underlined this ominous trend.

On March 8, tens of thousands of high school students marched through central Paris to protest education reforms announced by the government. Repeatedly, peaceful demonstrators were attacked by bands of black and Arab youths--about 1,000 in all, according to police estimates. The eyewitness accounts of victims, teachers, and most interestingly the attackers themselves gathered by the left-wing daily Le Monde confirm the motivation: racism.

Some of the attackers openly expressed their hatred of "little French people." One 18-year-old named Heikel, a dual citizen of France and Tunisia, was proud of his actions. He explained that he had joined in just to "beat people up," especially "little Frenchmen who look like victims." He added with a satisfied smile that he had "a pleasant memory" of repeatedly kicking a student, already defenseless on the ground.

Continued

It is a minority, these guys are like your "bad boys" in the US ghettos.
And for the guys who kicked the youthes because they were white, what do you want ? there is stupid peple everywhere.

And France is not a new Lebanon. This guy from the ENA said it, but it is an exageration, or a mystification. Not serious.
There is hunders of street mlanifestation in France, each year, and people are not attacked systematicly.

Be quiet.

padisha emperor said:

It is a minority, these guys are like your "bad boys" in the US ghettos.
And for the guys who kicked the youthes because they were white, what do you want ? there is stupid peple everywhere.

And France is not a new Lebanon. This guy from the ENA said it, but it is an exageration, or a mystification. Not serious.
There is hunders of street mlanifestation in France, each year, and people are not attacked systematicly.

Be quiet.

Be quiet, wtf is that? I didn't write the article, dawwwling. I don't doubt the sensationalism the writer used in telling of the events, but stuff like that does not happen in Canada either, unless it's bad boys, or stupid people. :rolleyes:

I think the real point behind the article is how under reported race violence is in France despite how often it happens. Maybe?

Said1 said:
Be quiet, wtf is that? I didn't write the article, dawwwling. I don't doubt the sensationalism the writer used in telling of the events, but stuff like that does not happen in Canada either, unless it's bad boys, or stupid people. :rolleyes:

I think the real point behind the article is how under reported race violence is in France despite how often it happens. Maybe?

Said1 said:

Do you think a collective "Be Quiet!" might have a bit to do with that? :laugh:

:boohoo: for Chirac and his fading legacy (his people say no to the EU, his people kick out his precious Islamist allies, his nation further fades from world leadership)

I'm surprised by the proportion these events are taking.
Such things - bad people kicking some guys - happen every day, in France, Germany, UK, USA....everywhere.
There is not a "french exception" alos for violence.

As you said, Said, the article uses sentationnalism. If it can change the minds and avoid some future violence, why not. But if it was to affraid the population, it is not a good idea.

The "be quiet" , it was for one reason : don't worried about France (I think you don't all the same ;) ), it is not Lebanon, it is still FRANCE ;)

padisha emperor said:
I'm surprised by the proportion these events are taking.
Such things - bad people kicking some guys - happen every day, in France, Germany, UK, USA....everywhere.
There is not a "french exception" alos for violence.
Actually quite rare here, not speaking of crime, but rare for attacks on protests.
pe said:
As you said, Said, the article uses sentationnalism. If it can change the minds and avoid some future violence, why not. But if it was to affraid the population, it is not a good idea.
ummm, while conceding there might be sensationalism, Said1 was pointing out that in CANADA too such is rare, if not unheard of.
pe said:
The "be quiet" , it was for one reason : don't worried about France (I think you don't all the same ;) ), it is not Lebanon, it is still FRANCE ;)

Oh yeah, you don't get it, we all know it's still FRANCE! :rolleyes:

You miss the point pe. Maybe your much touted "multiculturalism" is failing.

Forum List

Back