pc probs

This ol dinosaur still has some kick to it. Kinda slow, but not by much. And the speakers won't work on it although I updated just about everything I could. And it HATES chrome. Poor thing is like WTF? So I had to dump the chrome and stick with IE. I am not driving in to town tonight to get my pc. Oh hayell no. They open at 8pm, close at midnight. This is early Black Friday, so I am hoping by tomorrow around noon, there won't be trampling people all over the place. But in the meantime...at least I have a pc that works (knock on wood), albeit not as fast as mine.

This ol dinosaur still has some kick to it. Kinda slow, but not by much. And the speakers won't work on it although I updated just about everything I could. And it HATES chrome. Poor thing is like WTF? So I had to dump the chrome and stick with IE. I am not driving in to town tonight to get my pc. Oh hayell no. They open at 8pm, close at midnight. This is early Black Friday, so I am hoping by tomorrow around noon, there won't be trampling people all over the place. But in the meantime...at least I have a pc that works (knock on wood), albeit not as fast as mine.

How much memory does it have? If you add memory, it might speed it up but if it already has enough memory, it isn't going to help much. It could also be your internet speed.

How much memory does it have? If you add memory, it might speed it up but if it already has enough memory, it isn't going to help much. It could also be your internet speed.

Hell, I dunno. All I know is...it groaned when I pulled it out of the garage, moaned while I did whatever I thought it needed, screamed when I experimented, gave sigh of reliefs when I dumped whatever it was that made it crawl worse and now seems to be a bit happier than it was, lol.

When I went to look a the system just now, it says...
Microscoft Windows xp 2002, celeron(R) CPU 1.70 GHz, 1.69 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM.
Whatever the heck that means. Right now, it is purring..but hiccups often.

My internet speed is 30mbs. or mps or whatever the m?s is. Hubbys pc is bookin' right along. Mine...BAM! Until it got sick. This one seems to be doing the job. At least I CAN get online. So I ain't complainin'. Much. :lol:

Good thing is..at least we know we have an emergency backup pc. And it will NOT be going back to the garage. It is going to be carefully wrapped in a blanket and put in my closet. It will go back to night night sleepy time, but cozy comfy. :)

FWIW, I use a Mac, and have had very few problems. Have been using it for well over 2 years.

I also use Firefox as a web browser, not Safari.

I tried firefox once and it was too confusing. I love chrome, but T Rex doesn't, so...I will have to just trundel along. I thought about a Mac, but decided that spending 200 bucks to get a new harddrive, reinstall everything that was on it so I don't hafta, was much better than 599 for a new one.

T Rex is going night night now. I got my pc back!! Gonna log off and hook it up so I will see you guys later.

BTW..total cost for new harddrive, reinstallation of all my stuff on it, a new logitech mouse.....$149.99. I got my 70 bucks back from the diagnosis. It is refundable if you have them fix whatever is wrong. So..instead of 599.99 for a new pc....I only paid 149.99 for my new OLD pc. Woot!!

Remember you guys....STAPLES. It does not show they sell windows 7 and do repairs on their website. But they do...all the ads are in the store itself.

New hard drive from Staples...webroot from Geek Squad for help in uploading it and they even installed my Chrome. It was fascinating..watching them move my mouse around, doing this and that, from THEIR end. The gal was so helpful too! So...Best Buy Geek Squad and Staples...what a great combo!

all damn day. Lucky to be online now. if you don't see me around...its cuz it died and I am on my way to bestbuy to get a fucking laptop. A new gadget. I HATE new gadgets.

Anyway..just a headsup if I disappear.

I have a Fucking laptop already.
The only brand I seem to end up with.
=P
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]
Fucking laptops is better than fucking computers.:lol:

Last edited:
New hard drive from Staples...webroot from Geek Squad for help in uploading it and they even installed my Chrome. It was fascinating..watching them move my mouse around, doing this and that, from THEIR end. The gal was so helpful too! So...Best Buy Geek Squad and Staples...what a great combo!

Webroot worked good on our computer for a month and I actually liked it but then it started going after critical files. I had to do backup recovery on our computer twice. We must be running some software that they haven't tested it with. Although a programmer friend said that no one tests new software against a ten year old operating system like Windows XP.

all damn day. Lucky to be online now. if you don't see me around...its cuz it died and I am on my way to bestbuy to get a fucking laptop. A new gadget. I HATE new gadgets.

=P

Nah, I don't buy that. I have a laptop, but my hub complained that I was always on it when he wanted to use it, so he insisted that we buy me a new one and he would get the old one (MAC)....

So, we went to the Base Exchange at Randolph, they were having a Labor Day sale, and we priced them. The computer, (Mac) with a bigger screen, wireless mouse, and wireless keyboard was cheaper than any of the laptops. I thought I would never get used to using the mouse as I was so used to the trackpad, that I went ahead and spent the $30 or so to get me a trackpad....well, once my computer was plugged in and I started using it I became hooked on it. I realized that I liked the mouse better than the trackpad, and now when we travel, I have to use the laptop and I don't like it as much.

The only advantage is that you can take it with you.....but if you can have both, the computer is way better.

MacBook PRO....

You'll never have a computer issue again.

=P

Nah, I don't buy that. I have a laptop, but my hub complained that I was always on it when he wanted to use it, so he insisted that we buy me a new one and he would get the old one (MAC)....

So, we went to the Base Exchange at Randolph, they were having a Labor Day sale, and we priced them. The computer, (Mac) with a bigger screen, wireless mouse, and wireless keyboard was cheaper than any of the laptops. I thought I would never get used to using the mouse as I was so used to the trackpad, that I went ahead and spent the $30 or so to get me a trackpad....well, once my computer was plugged in and I started using it I became hooked on it. I realized that I liked the mouse better than the trackpad, and now when we travel, I have to use the laptop and I don't like it as much.

The only advantage is that you can take it with you.....but if you can have both, the computer is way better.
You missed my point. Fucking laptops IS better than fucking computers.

While sitting down, you have a horizontal lap. When you stand up, where's the top of your lap? ...at the sweet spot!

Politico got it...I think.

Forum List

Back