Software oddity

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
I have noticed an odd glitch in the system that should be addressed.
It has happened to me twice now.
If you neg rep a post that is later deleted by a mod, the neg disappears from the list of latest reputation given in your User CP.
After a discussion with STAFF, we found that the neg does indeed count and is in records only accessible by mods.
This would usually be just a "that's odd" but if the neg was given to a person that fairly regularly deserves a neg, you could run afoul of the 48 hour rule.

If you neg rep a post that is later deleted by a mod, the neg disappears from the list of latest reputation given in your User CP.
After a discussion with STAFF, we found that the neg does indeed count and is in records only accessible by mods.
This would usually be just a "that's odd" but if the neg was given to a person that fairly regularly deserves a neg, you could run afoul of the 48 hour rule.
Is there anyway of building in the 48 hour rule? Seems like it could be abused by a troll to garner two negs within the window to get someone banned.

Is there anyway of building in the 48 hour rule? Seems like it could be abused by a troll to garner two negs within the window to get someone banned.

You don't get banned, but you lose your rep. Although I think you get a warning for the first offense.

But there should be something in the CP that shows the neg. Maybe it could be N/A like you see when a whole thread is trashed that you got rep in. :dunno:

You are obsessed with negging people. Get a fucking life, asswipe.

Here's a simple solution- grow a pair and stop neg-stalking and it wouldn't be an issue. Intentionally skirting the 48 rule is neg-stalking there Skippy.

Maudes aren't here to clean up your CP after your tantrums anyway. I'm sure they have better things to do. Glad to help. :)

Last edited:

The solution is to neg rep only those who are adolescent enough to neg you. :lol:

Forum List

Back