pc probs

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
all damn day. Lucky to be online now. if you don't see me around...its cuz it died and I am on my way to bestbuy to get a fucking laptop. A new gadget. I HATE new gadgets.

Anyway..just a headsup if I disappear.

Most of the new computers have Windows 8. I 've been through the problems. Have fun.

Three things you should do is:

Install a paid version of Malwarebytes.
Buy "Star is Back". It only cost me $3.00
Make a backup right away of your system because Windows 8 doesn't come with a reinstall disk. You should probably get an empty 32 GB thumb drive for about 20 dollars. You have to turn off your screen saver and turn off your power down settings to make a backup. Our computer is set to power down after 5 hours. These settings of mine are set like that to not interfere with backup.

If you have other questions, ask here or see you in the computer forum. I literally spent hours on setting up email.

Me too - problems with my laptop, I mean.

I'm seriously thinking to make the big switch to a mac.

Opinons?

why just one ?

I use a KVM switch that allows the same keyboard mouse and monitor to operate several towers ... the work computer can easily be used for internet if the internet tower has problems.

Thanks Chuckt. Me neither but have a friend who loves to gloat how their mac is always trouble free. And, I've had several iPhones and an iPad that are much better than the Androids I've had.

Also, seems like I saw an ad on line about Apple doing an online sale the day after Thanksgiving so I may take a look.

I own three Macs. One at home (laptop) and two in office (towers) and never one problem.

As for Iphones, I got all my employees one and they SUCK!!!!
We are all using HTC EVOG4 now.

all damn day. Lucky to be online now. if you don't see me around...its cuz it died and I am on my way to bestbuy to get a fucking laptop. A new gadget. I HATE new gadgets.

Anyway..just a headsup if I disappear.

Been exactly there, done exactly that, recently. What concerns me is the lemon of a laptop that went down after a year and a half was also from BestBuy :(

Wish you better luck.

Opinons?

I've been saying the same thing for years but the price differential seemed to make the jump impractical. These days I have more revenue so I figured it would no longer be an obstacle -- but the price gap seems to be even wider now. Plus I needed a working laptop immediately and didn't have time to go to all new software and all that.

I still hold the idea for a less stressful time when I can buy one electively without a time pressure.

One word: STAPLES.

I am on hubbys pc for a moment or two. But STAPLES sells refurbished AND NEW Windows 7 pc's. I looked at laptops last night and found one I sorta figured out, and played with a bit, but it was 599.00. The guy I was working with said why bother with that one when they can fix the one I got. 70 bucks to check it out, no more than 200 to fix it. So..I took my poor pc in and they hooked it up right then and there and knew EXACTLY what was going on. They showed me, but it was all greek to me. In short....hard drive is on it's last legs. So, they are right now installing a new hard drive, transfering all my stuff over to it and I either pick it up tonight or tomorrow. THEN, once it is fixed, they will refund my 70 bucks I paid for the diagnosis.

Also, they said they can't count how many times people have turned in their Windows 8 and swapped it out for a Windows 7...and they do it all the time! So before going to that icky Best Buy (we went there first. They suck), go to STAPLES!

I don't know if I will be on tonight or not. Depends on when my pc is ready so if not, I will see you guys tomorrow.

btw....fixing my pc with a new harddrive, and swapping everything over from the screwed up one to the new one, messing around with making sure all is well....guaranteed to be NOT OVER 200 bucks.
I also bought a new mouse as well. Sure beats 500 bucks!!

Opinons?

I've been saying the same thing for years but the price differential seemed to make the jump impractical. These days I have more revenue so I figured it would no longer be an obstacle -- but the price gap seems to be even wider now. Plus I needed a working laptop immediately and didn't have time to go to all new software and all that.

I still hold the idea for a less stressful time when I can buy one electively without a time pressure.

Exactly my line of thought. But, I'm just so sick of constant pc problems and neither time nor money is a big consideration.

About your previous post, we both have problems and both are pc's that came from Best Buy.

I'm thinking its time to go with a Mac.

well, I am still pc less, but I get to pick it up tomorrow night after 8pm. They are installing the harddrive right now. I am on my sister in laws laptop and I HATE it. The keyboard sucks big hairy ones, it is slower than molasses and she has shitloads of popups from her stupid pogo crap on who won what, where, how. ARGGGGGGG

well, I am still pc less, but I get to pick it up tomorrow night after 8pm. They are installing the harddrive right now. I am on my sister in laws laptop and I HATE it. The keyboard sucks big hairy ones, it is slower than molasses and she has shitloads of popups from her stupid pogo crap on who won what, where, how. ARGGGGGGG

:confused:

Pogo is an online gaming world where people play forever and ignore their families.

Well, I am now on the T-Rex that happened to be sitting in the garage for the past 8 years. Took 2 hours for it to upload all the windows xp updates from the past 8 years, and it balked at chrome, still won't load TV Guide, did upload the new java version but is balking and coughing at loading it...along with a few other programs I use and it lumbers along.....BUT....at least it loaded USMB, my AOL so I can check emails and catch up on the news. Speakers won't work, but that's ok. At least I CAN get onine and I get my brand new fixed pc later tonight. So...I am Thankful for what little I AM getting, lol. This is a 2002 windows xp and had gathered dust for some time. I'm surprised it is actually still breathing. LOL

Pogo is an online gaming world where people play forever and ignore their families.

Oh. Well then the name is appropriate. :thup:

Forum List

Back