PC gone wild, volume XVI: 14-yr-old expelled for piece of paper

Sounds like the kid had a target list of other students they intended to physically harm.

That's what I thought. He wrote a list of students on the footy team he wanted to hit. Whether he was joking or not isn't the point - he carried that paper around with him for some reason.
When the teacher demanded he hand her the paper, he lashed out.

He deserves his suspension.
Ok Pogo, there's your queue. Let her have it.

Right, I'm on it...

Hey Noomi --

:eusa_hand:

(What? Noomi never called me a racist, thus the difference.)

I think the main ingredient gone out of control here is what we've done with the concept of "assault" -- cheapened and dumbed down the word to mean absolutely nothing. If you attack me and I continue breathing, that's called "assault" now, and that's a heap of flaming bullshit.

I don't have a link any more but somebody around here posted a video months ago of a Canadian being harassed at a border stop. At some point the border goon told the driver that what he did by not turning over his keys to the agent was "assault".

What a crock of steaming cow flop. When you've had a quart beer bottle broken over your face and hear the blood splashing in your lap and your cheek swells to the size of a grapefruit and you spend the rest of the night in the emergency room getting your upper lip and a tendon in your ring finger stitched back together, THAT is assault. This on the other hand is bullshit.

In this case the teacher from what we know is crying "assault" for the 14-year-old's action of playing keepaway with the teacher -- an action during which, according to the boy and the eyewitnesses, the teacher was laughing.

Many miles I've traveled, ten thousand miles or more, but a victim of assault laughing her way through it, I've never seen before.

We're in deep deep doodoo if playing keepaway or declining to turn over your car keys is "assault". We need to collectively grow a freaking pair. So to speak.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. He wrote a list of students on the footy team he wanted to hit. Whether he was joking or not isn't the point - he carried that paper around with him for some reason.

Right, I'm on it...

Hey Noomi --

I think the main ingredient gone out of control here is what we've done with the concept of "assault" -- cheapened and dumbed down the word to mean absolutely nothing. If you attack me and I continue breathing, that's called "assault" now, and that's a heap of flaming bullshit.

I don't have a link any more but somebody around here posted a video months ago of a Canadian being harassed at a border stop. At some point the border goon told the driver that what he did by not turning over his keys to the agent was "assault".

What a crock of steaming cow flop. When you've had a quart beer bottle broken over your face and hear the blood splashing in your lap and your cheek swells to the size of a grapefruit and you spend the rest of the night in the emergency room getting your upper lip and a tendon in your ring finger stitched back together, THAT is assault. This on the other hand is bullshit.

In this case the teacher from what we know is crying "assault" for the 14-year-old's action of playing keepaway with the teacher -- an action during which, according to the boy and the eyewitnesses, the teacher was laughing.

Many miles I've traveled, ten thousand miles or more, but a victim of assault laughing her way through it, I've never seen before.

We're in deep deep doodoo if playing keepaway or declining to turn over your car keys is "assault". We need to collectively grow a freaking pair. So to speak.
Nice dodge, hypocrite.

Right, I'm on it...

Hey Noomi --

Nice dodge, hypocrite.

Thank you.

Noomi didn't read the whole story, same as you didn't, and came to the same broken conclusion. I just laid out more detail for her and made my general point about "assault" at the same time. I was nicer to her about it because she hasn't acted like an asshole.

As I said, call people "racist" for a simple observation of a TV channel's demographics and the road ahead will be ever rocky. Fuck with the bull and you get the horn.

Right, I'm on it...

Hey Noomi --

Nice dodge, hypocrite.

Thank you.

Noomi didn't read the whole story, same as you didn't, and came to the same broken conclusion. I just laid out more detail for her and made my general point about "assault" at the same time. I was nicer to her about it because she hasn't acted like an asshole.

As I said, call people "racist" for a simple observation of a TV channel's demographics and the road ahead will be ever rocky. Fuck with the bull and you get the horn.
This is kinda funny. Apparently, you can't get over being called out on your racism in a previous post. It must have been traumatic for you if you're still struggling with it. Glad I could help. :lol:

Nice dodge, hypocrite.

Thank you.

This is kinda funny. Apparently, you can't get over being called out on your racism in a previous post. It must have been traumatic for you if you're still struggling with it. Glad I could help. :lol:

Oh I've never been called out for racism.
I've been called a racist for a simple demographic observation.

As I said --- not the brightest bulb in the light tower.

Thank you.

Oh I've never been called out for racism.
I've been called a racist for a simple demographic observation.

As I said --- not the brightest bulb in the light tower.
A "simple demographic observation", huh? That's an interesting way of putting it. When a liberal who routinely charges racism against anyone who disagrees with Obama's policies, points out ONE race (white) as the main demographic, most people would conclude that there is a racial bias on the part of the hack (that's you) who is making the argument. Since you're obviously having trouble coming to terms with being called out on your racial hatred, maybe somebody like Dr. Phil can help you work through it. :lol:

Okay, so now I have read the whole story, and I still support his suspension.
I can't say whether this 'tug of war' was friendly or not. I wasn't there, and there is no footage to show what happened in that classroom. It is possible the kid was thinking it was all in fun, but he looks like a strong young man, and possibly didn't realise he was causing worry for his teacher.

Whether the people he wanted to 'hit' were his friends or not is not relevant. You don't go around with a list like that - you cannot blame someone for taking it the wrong way.

180 days is a huge suspension, and yes, it is harsh. I would probably be more supportive of his suspension being lessened, as it will affect his schooling.
The school could perhaps ensure work is sent home to him so he can complete his schooling at home?

Sounds like the kid had a target list of other students they intended to physically harm.

But a college professor inciting the murder of the children of NRA members has no action taken against him?

I guess liberals are above the law.

Right, I'm on it...

Hey Noomi --

Legally speaking, assault does not require physical contact. What you described is battery. Look it up.

I can't say whether this 'tug of war' was friendly or not. I wasn't there, and there is no footage to show what happened in that classroom. It is possible the kid was thinking it was all in fun, but he looks like a strong young man, and possibly didn't realise he was causing worry for his teacher.

Whether the people he wanted to 'hit' were his friends or not is not relevant. You don't go around with a list like that - you cannot blame someone for taking it the wrong way.

180 days is a huge suspension, and yes, it is harsh. I would probably be more supportive of his suspension being lessened, as it will affect his schooling.
The school could perhaps ensure work is sent home to him so he can complete his schooling at home?

blech--if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck --

'zero tolerance' taken to an extreme.

from some online blog--

<'From newsone.com:

Despite witness statements contradicting the teacher&#8217;s account and the fact that Kyle had not ever been in trouble before, he was expelled under Michigan&#8217;s &#8220;Zero Tolerance Law,&#8221; which states any student who assaults a teacher must be expelled &#8211; and not just from their school, but from any Michigan public or charter school for one year.
Thankfully, some school districts around the country are recognizing that zero tolerance policies have gone too far.

After the Columbine High School shootings in 1999, schools nationwide established zero tolerance weapons policies: schools had to suspend or expel students, no matter the circumstances, when weapons were involved.

Obviously this was done with the best of intentions, but there have been plenty of unintended consequences.

More enlightened thinking in educational circles these days is questioning the use of suspensions as punishment. As many teachers are aware, kids often enjoy those days at home, when they can play games, watch TV, do just as they please all day long.'>

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/this-14...sted-over-a-piece-of-paper.html#ixzz2h2iI2JrB

Last edited:
Sounds excessive.

Was the teacher in any way hurt?

It must be the way the policy is written. Tugging over a piece of paper--it is possible that his hand touched her hand--'assault'?

It would be interesting to know more about the school. Have there been previous incidents of students 'making physical contact' with teachers?

It either sounds like to me that the teacher was 'inexperienced'--what should she have done differently--after requesting the paper--and student refused--maybe she should have immediately issued some sort of disciplinary action form? Refrained from any possible physical contact? Presumably all of this was covered as the matter moved through administrative procedures.

Who knows how extreme the discipline code may be.

as far as I am concerned --the school district--perhaps the state of ?--needs to take a critical look at such policies. counterproductive to say the least.

~~~
having 'been in the trenches'--it sounds like a beaucratic mess. ??Are there strong teachers' unions --that one would be one question I would have. blah-blah-blah-'The policy states...' and therefore--'if one person is allowed to violate the policy--then so will others--'there can be no exceptions'--

eta--a google search lists multiple entries for news on teachers unions in Michigan--how this might be relevant I cannot say. and Michigan is a 'blue state'--possibly I should do further research--that is about enough for me.
http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131001/POLITICS02/310010036

Last edited:
If refusing to let the teacher have the paper when they wanted to take it is what got the kid expelled and arrested, not only would I sue the school and have the teacher fired if I were his mom, but I would sue those who decided to turn the incident into a legal matter as well too.

God bless you and the boy and his family always!!!

Holly

^the teacher asked for the paper, he refused to hand it over. That is grounds for his dismissal.

Nonsense.

He's a football player. We know exactly what it was;

{Back in the 1980&#8242;s/90&#8242;s, it wasn’t odd for allegations to surface that college and professional football coaches placed bounties on opposing players to knock them out of a game. However, I didn’t think in this day and age there would be allegations of it in high school football.

In Pennsylvania, a high school football coach by the name of Jason Bresnen who was the defensive coordinator for Morrisville High School had to resign because of an incident that dated back to last week’s game against New Hope-Solebury. Some parents on the sideline for the game alleged that Bresnen had told his players that he would pay one hundred dollars to take out/injure a player on the opposition.}

High school football coach resigns after declaring bounty on opposing player | Off the Bench

SJ's not the brightest bulb in the light tower if you know what I'm saying. God forbid he should actually read the article through. It would have revealed that the case is about the alleged "assault" -- not what was on the paper.

As an avid non-smoker, this is going to sound funny.. But in high school, I had a pack of cigarettes in my shirt and ended up in a wrestling match with the girls dean - yeah, she was the one who busted me - but in those days no one thought of calling it assault. I didn't want her unrolling my sleeve and was fairly physical about it.

God but our society is fucked up.....

Nonsense.

He's a football player. We know exactly what it was;

{Back in the 1980&#8242;s/90&#8242;s, it wasn&#8217;t odd for allegations to surface that college and professional football coaches placed bounties on opposing players to knock them out of a game. However, I didn&#8217;t think in this day and age there would be allegations of it in high school football.

In Pennsylvania, a high school football coach by the name of Jason Bresnen who was the defensive coordinator for Morrisville High School had to resign because of an incident that dated back to last week&#8217;s game against New Hope-Solebury. Some parents on the sideline for the game alleged that Bresnen had told his players that he would pay one hundred dollars to take out/injure a player on the opposition.}

High school football coach resigns after declaring bounty on opposing player | Off the Bench

It's a good idea to home school your kids. It's getting too dangerous to let them go to high school and participate in something like that. If you're good, you're on a hit list.

What a message the education department is sending. You can't tell me other teachers didn't know what was going on. It's too much trouble to tell the union first for fear of the teacher losing his/her job or having your own children harassed.

^the teacher asked for the paper, he refused to hand it over. That is grounds for his dismissal.
I agree that he should be punished for not doing what he was told, but getting expelled for it and then arrested? Whatever happened to detentions and suspensions?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you being a boot-licking fascist is NOT news.

Forum List

Back