PC Bullshit on School Yard Fighting

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
My son is 5 going to be 6. He currently goes to summer camp. Every though he is very athletic and strong kid, he is a very non-aggressive and very passive kid. Probably has to due with him being the first child. At camp this summer, one of the other kids in his groups is a nasty little bully. He likes to punch, push and just make nasty comments to the other kids, including my son.

My wife complained about him, many of the other parents in the group complained about him. The camp administration knows all about this kid. He is on the behavior watch list (which he was on it last year). The camp counselors also complained to the admin that they don't know what to do with him.

Of course my liberal wife told my son to just stay away from him. I told him the opposite, he comes up to you in any aggressive way and you stand your ground, he touches you and you attack and don't stop until he goes away.

At camp this mourning, the little bully confronted my son in the locker-room (it's his favorite place to confort the other kids, because the counselors don't go in there when the kids are changing). According to my son, the other kid said something nasty to him and them punched him. He said he did as a told him and he hit the kid. It eventually ended with my son slamming the little bastards head into a locker and the kid possibly needing stitches (it happened this mourning so we don't know what fully came about)!

Now the camp wants to hold my son out for the last week of camp, because they claim they have a zero tolerance rule for this type of violence!

WTF, they completely ignore the fact that the little bastard was terrorizing all the other kids and they did nothing to control him.

I told my son he did nothing wrong and if he gets kicked out of camp for the last week, we will go somewhere else next year. It's the same PC liberal shit that provides more rights to criminals in the legal system then the victims of the crime.

It's the violence is never the answer crap that liberals toss at us all the time. Yet self-defense is a legitimate use of violence. Going to war to stop the Nazi was legitimate use of violence. The police shooting a gun yielding robber is also. Sometime violence IS THE ANSWER!

Liberalism is poisoning the minds and souls out our children in the school system (which summer camp falls under).

My son is 5 going to be 6. He currently goes to summer camp. Every though he is very athletic and strong kid, he is a very non-aggressive and very passive kid. Probably has to due with him being the first child. At camp this summer, one of the other kids in his groups is a nasty little bully. He likes to punch, push and just make nasty comments to the other kids, including my son.

My wife complained about him, many of the other parents in the group complained about him. The camp administration knows all about this kid. He is on the behavior watch list (which he was on it last year). The camp counselors also complained to the admin that they don't know what to do with him.

Of course my liberal wife told my son to just stay away from him. I told him the opposite, he comes up to you in any aggressive way and you stand your ground, he touches you and you attack and don't stop until he goes away.

At camp this mourning, the little bully confronted my son in the locker-room (it's his favorite place to confort the other kids, because the counselors don't go in there when the kids are changing). According to my son, the other kid said something nasty to him and them punched him. He said he did as a told him and he hit the kid. It eventually ended with my son slamming the little bastards head into a locker and the kid possibly needing stitches (it happened this mourning so we don't know what fully came about)!

Now the camp wants to hold my son out for the last week of camp, because they claim they have a zero tolerance rule for this type of violence!

WTF, they completely ignore the fact that the little bastard was terrorizing all the other kids and they did nothing to control him.

I told my son he did nothing wrong and if he gets kicked out of camp for the last week, we will go somewhere else next year. It's the same PC liberal shit that provides more rights to criminals in the legal system then the victims of the crime.

It's the violence is never the answer crap that liberals toss at us all the time. Yet self-defense is a legitimate use of violence. Going to war to stop the Nazi was legitimate use of violence. The police shooting a gun yielding robber is also. Sometime violence IS THE ANSWER!

Liberalism is poisoning the minds and souls out our children in the school system (which summer camp falls under).

I was always taught to never throw the first punch, but make sure you throw the last. I would say "fine, my kid is out for a week, but I want the kid who started it out permanently" If they don't do it I would press charges against the kid for assault. I know the law on 6 year olds committing violence is kind of hazy, but the only way to stop this crap is to follow the law, even with 5 year olds.

Your kid seems pretty good in a fight. Teach him the basic takedown maneuvers and how to keep a person on the ground. At that point he can call for a supervising adult and explain what he did and why.

Im sorry your son had to go through all that bullying. My daughter was in the same situation at school. My daughter is very passive as well or at one point she was. At school she had a little boy bullying and terrorizing all the kids in the classroom. I spoke with the teacher but it seems like the teachers were already stressed about being in school so I went to the principle of the school and she said she would speak to the liitl boys parent. Obviously the parent didn't do anything about the situation and the bot continued with his madness. He seemed to picj on my daughter more. I was fed up with the situation so I told her whenever the little boy starts picking on her to tell the teacher first and if the teacher doesnt do anything about it then she has MY permission to hit him back. Ever since my daughter has not been picked by the bully boy. My daughter did get suspeneded from school on the other hand it took care of the major problem. I tell my daughter that fighting is not good but you do have to defend and protect yourself.

In retrospect, yes i do believe that fighting back is the solution to some of this bullyin going especially in our schools.

I suspect that school yard bullism that I endured as a young boy has probably determined my entire world POV for my entire lifetime.

I sincerely doubt that I am unique in that respect.

I was always taught to never throw the first punch, but make sure you throw the last. I would say "fine, my kid is out for a week, but I want the kid who started it out permanently" If they don't do it I would press charges against the kid for assault. I know the law on 6 year olds committing violence is kind of hazy, but the only way to stop this crap is to follow the law, even with 5 year olds.

Your kid seems pretty good in a fight. Teach him the basic takedown maneuvers and how to keep a person on the ground. At that point he can call for a supervising adult and explain what he did and why.

:lol:

You can't press charges.

But the takedown thing is a good idea.

My pop showed me a few wrestling moves..and one day he spotted me in a fight. I got the kid pinned and was trying to make him say "uncle". Well my pop saw it and came running out and grabbed me off the kid. Then he smacked me in the head.

He said, "If you get a kid down like that..you'd better finish the job. Because if you don't he's gonna come after you."

Never quite knew what he meant by "Finish the job". :confused:

I was always pretty much the biggest guy in my classes in school - especially elementary school. I was never mean spirited or one to look for a fight or bully the other kids. There was this one kid named (I'll call him Worth). For some odd reason he always picked on me and talked about he was going to beat me up. We rode the same school bus. One day, he declared he was going to beat me up when we got home. There was to be a game of football with all the neighborhood kids playing after school at the church yard. When I got off the bus I went on in the house and sure enough, about 30 minutes later, here came "Worth" with a few other kids and knocked on the door. My mother answered the door and Worth asked her if I could come out and play football with the rest of the gang. My mother called me and said go play football if you want to. So, I went. When we got to the church yard Worth declared it was time for the fight and pushed me. Well, to make a long story short, I beat the snot out of him. I gave him a bloody nose and a black eye and a fat lip. Later that evening his parents came over to our house to talk to my folks about it and they had Worth in tow. When I was asked about it, I gave the whole story how Worth was always pushing me, punching me, telling everybody that he was going to beat me up and how the fight had been announced by him for the football game today. His parents took it all in and believed the story and poor old Worth was made to look like the fool he was. He never bothered me again, in fact, he always avoided me the rest of the school year. I was never in a lot of fights in school but the few that I was in, I won easily.

Im sorry your son had to go through all that bullying. My daughter was in the same situation at school. My daughter is very passive as well or at one point she was. At school she had a little boy bullying and terrorizing all the kids in the classroom. I spoke with the teacher but it seems like the teachers were already stressed about being in school so I went to the principle of the school and she said she would speak to the liitl boys parent. Obviously the parent didn't do anything about the situation and the bot continued with his madness. He seemed to picj on my daughter more. I was fed up with the situation so I told her whenever the little boy starts picking on her to tell the teacher first and if the teacher doesnt do anything about it then she has MY permission to hit him back. Ever since my daughter has not been picked by the bully boy. My daughter did get suspeneded from school on the other hand it took care of the major problem. I tell my daughter that fighting is not good but you do have to defend and protect yourself.

In retrospect, yes i do believe that fighting back is the solution to some of this bullyin going especially in our schools.

I am actually not upset his happened, since my son was under the false impression that everyone is nice! He would have had to find out sooner or later that bullies exist.

What I am mad about is the camp's inability to do anything other than give us lip service. But when my son (who was the victim) fights back, he gets in trouble. See previously it always ended with the kid saying something nasty, then either pushing or hitting my son and moving on. It went on for weeks. Nothing escalated, so the camp tried to brush it under the rug. This time my son fought back and there was an injury!

You can't press charges.

My pop showed me a few wrestling moves..and one day he spotted me in a fight. I got the kid pinned and was trying to make him say "uncle". Well my pop saw it and came running out and grabbed me off the kid. Then he smacked me in the head.

He said, "If you get a kid down like that..you'd better finish the job. Because if you don't he's gonna come after you."

I wouldn't advise the wrestling moves that require you to go on the ground with a person, I got into a fight with this kid in high school and I put him in a headlock and went down on top of him, however his little friends jumped in and started kicking me all at once, a mini riot damn near started. After that I never went down on the ground ever again if I could help it.

Tell the camp to go fuck themselves, your son did the right thing.

It looks like they are going to refund us the last week of camp and he is out for the week. Fucking shame! I am going to take off a day or two this week and take him somewhere fun. Maybe Wisconsin Dells, Great America, Santa's Village (just reopened) or somewhere!
:blowup:

Your post made sense...right up to the point where you blame liberals for policies that punish both kids who fight regardless. It's more of a mother's way of handling things VS a father's way.

Kudos to you and your kid for a job well done. Nothing like stitches to stop the bullying, and shore up your son's self esteem.

Last edited:
Tell the camp to go fuck themselves, your son did the right thing.

It looks like they are going to refund us the last week of camp and he is out for the week. Fucking shame! I am going to take off a day or two this week and take him somewhere fun. Maybe Wisconsin Dells, Great America, Santa's Village (just reopened) or somewhere!
:blowup:

Your son did the right thing and learned how to stand up for himself, if you keep letting these things go the bullying keeps getting worse and worse like in prison.

You can't press charges.

I wouldn't advise the wrestling moves that require you to go on the ground with a person, I got into a fight with this kid in high school and I put him in a headlock and went down on top of him, however his little friends jumped in and started kicking me all at once, a mini riot damn near started. After that I never went down on the ground ever again if I could help it.

As a former all-state highschool wrestler i concur. If it's one on one, wrestling the guy to the ground is a good method. However, it makes you very vulnerable to anyone else jumping it. One-on-one good method. Mulitple opponents its suicide, stayin on your feet and throwing punches is a better way!

You can't press charges.

As a former all-state highschool wrestler i concur. If it's one on one, wrestling the guy to the ground is a good method. However, it makes you very vulnerable to anyone else jumping it. One-on-one good method. Mulitple opponents its suicide, stayin on your feet and throwing punches is a better way!

Yup if you are fighting someone and he has a group of his friends there, its best to avoid the ground if possible. I learned that the hard way, not much you can do when there is 4 or 5 punks kicking you in the face.

Yup if you are fighting someone and he has a group of his friends there, its best to avoid the ground if possible. I learned that the hard way, not much you can do when there is 4 or 5 punks kicking you in the face.

In that case you go with the "latch on" method. Grab the closest one, drop to the ground and use your "buddy" as a meat shield. Of course you only do this if you can't get away. You are going to get your ass kicked, but you will be sharing the fun with at least one of the bastards.

In that case you go with the "latch on" method. Grab the closest one, drop to the ground and use your "buddy" as a meat shield. Of course you only do this if you can't get away. You are going to get your ass kicked, but you will be sharing the fun with at least one of the bastards.

lol good idea, even when I was getting jumped on the ground those idiots kicked their friend too by accident while they were kicking me.

You can't press charges.

Well in my "fighting days" a good amount of them would go to the ground. Then I would pull my "patented" head meet concrete move over and over again.

Usually worked. :lol:

I dunno, I can see your son punching the other kid back and giving as good as he got, but slamming the kid's head into the locker so he required stitches???

they are 6 yr olds....he got in a lucky push....kids dont really slam each other into much on purpose....

my father always told me to defend myself.....he made the mistake of saying...pick up something and hit them.....the coke bottle gash needed stitches.. the boy's father was pissed...my father stood up for me...

but i dont think he meant to hurt the other kid....just tired of being bullied

Forum List

Back