PC Bullshit on School Yard Fighting

There are two easy moves anyone can use to defend themselves against anyone of any size. If a guy starts shit with you, either hit him in the Adam's Apple or use your hand and palm punch him in the nose (just don't do it hard enough that you break it and shove a bone shard into his brain).

What you suggest can kill someone. You better be damn sure your life is in danger if you are punching someone in the throat.

I wouldn't advise the wrestling moves that require you to go on the ground with a person, I got into a fight with this kid in high school and I put him in a headlock and went down on top of him, however his little friends jumped in and started kicking me all at once, a mini riot damn near started. After that I never went down on the ground ever again if I could help it.

People like to say that, but the problem is that you can't help it so you're better off knowing what you're doing there than pretending you won't end up there. So much the better that many people don't know what they are doing there.

What does that even mean?:confused:

Could you be more specific?

I think I got it, you are saying the fight is going to end up on the ground regardless right?

More often than not.

I don't know it depends, I had a few fights that didn't and a few that did, I am just saying don't go down if you can help it because if that idiot you are fighting has friends there is nothing to stop a raining fury of Timberland boots coming up at you while you are down.

Nothing to stop these 'friends' from breaking a bottle over the back of your head standing up either. If on the ground gives you an advantage and standing up gives the other guy an advantage you'd be stupid not to take the fight there. If you know what you're doing, taking someone down and controlling them on the ground does not immobilize you or blind you to your surroundings. Saying, "don't go to the ground," then neglecting to train for the possibility is a very bad idea. If 'friends' is really that big of a worry then don't fight at all (which is, of course, the best idea).

Nothing to stop these 'friends' from breaking a bottle over the back of your head standing up either. If on the ground gives you an advantage and standing up gives the other guy an advantage you'd be stupid not to take the fight there. If you know what you're doing, taking someone down and controlling them on the ground does not immobilize you or blind you to your surroundings. Saying, "don't go to the ground," then neglecting to train for the possibility is a very bad idea. If 'friends' is really that big of a worry then don't fight at all (which is, of course, the best idea).

You still haven't explained to me how your going to stop 7 of his buddies from raining down on you with a fury of Timberland boots.

You still haven't explained to me how your going to stop 7 of his buddies from raining down on you with a fury of Timberland boots.

It's the same answer as if those 7 buddies decide to participate when you are standing up (at which point, of course, you will end up on the ground anyway).

Your son sounds a lot like mine. He genuinely liked everyone and thought everyone else was nice. He didn't have a mean bone in his body and was dumbfounded when a kid would act mean. Back when he was probably 4 years old, there was a kid that was a bully at his daycare. The school had a "use your words" policy for confronting those who misbehaved. My son was having a real problem with this kid. I finally told him to use his words three times and if the kid kept on, knock him down. My son's eyse were big as saucers hearing pops tell him to break the rules. Worked though.

It's the same answer as if those 7 buddies decide to participate when you are standing up (at which point, of course, you will end up on the ground anyway).

Don't you have a better chance of defending yourself standing up though?

Ok what have I just fell into?

I'm a person who visits Winnipeg on occaison, I always carry bear spray. It's for the "yutes".

I've always been a kinda well holy shit I'll kill you back kinda person. Never go to ground unless you are absolutely willing and able to hit someone in the nuts.

:lol:

Is this a for real thread?

lol

go to ground

if you have seven on you start kicking.

I'm a chick from Canada and I know this shit. Start with your feet. You can take out at least half of them.

I'm dying laughing here. Some funny.

lol

go to ground

if you have seven on you start kicking.

I'm a chick from Canada and I know this shit. Start with your feet. You can take out at least half of them.

I'm dying laughing here. Some funny.

You need to show me your foot work than, you must have legs like Jet Li.

Against 8 guys? Nope. If you could have talked/ran yourself out of the situation it would have been wise to do so early on, but if you are into it against 8 guys you're going to have a bad day (unless they're children, not really 'enthusiastic' about it, etc) and you're going to end up on the ground anyway.

My 7yr old grandson has a step dad that is 6'3" and 250bls that thinks bullying is perfectly ok and the little kids deserve it. I have really having trouble explaining to him that fighting is not the answer but sometimes you have to stop being a door mat. Once the bully knows you will stand up for your self it stops. The schools have "0" tolerance so they don't have to make case by case decision and get blamed. ; They school officials are basically cowards and the bully wins.

My son is 5 going to be 6. He currently goes to summer camp. Every though he is very athletic and strong kid, he is a very non-aggressive and very passive kid. Probably has to due with him being the first child. At camp this summer, one of the other kids in his groups is a nasty little bully. He likes to punch, push and just make nasty comments to the other kids, including my son.

My wife complained about him, many of the other parents in the group complained about him. The camp administration knows all about this kid. He is on the behavior watch list (which he was on it last year). The camp counselors also complained to the admin that they don't know what to do with him.

Of course my liberal wife told my son to just stay away from him. I told him the opposite, he comes up to you in any aggressive way and you stand your ground, he touches you and you attack and don't stop until he goes away.

At camp this mourning, the little bully confronted my son in the locker-room (it's his favorite place to confort the other kids, because the counselors don't go in there when the kids are changing). According to my son, the other kid said something nasty to him and them punched him. He said he did as a told him and he hit the kid. It eventually ended with my son slamming the little bastards head into a locker and the kid possibly needing stitches (it happened this mourning so we don't know what fully came about)!

Now the camp wants to hold my son out for the last week of camp, because they claim they have a zero tolerance rule for this type of violence!

WTF, they completely ignore the fact that the little bastard was terrorizing all the other kids and they did nothing to control him.

I told my son he did nothing wrong and if he gets kicked out of camp for the last week, we will go somewhere else next year. It's the same PC liberal shit that provides more rights to criminals in the legal system then the victims of the crime.

It's the violence is never the answer crap that liberals toss at us all the time. Yet self-defense is a legitimate use of violence. Going to war to stop the Nazi was legitimate use of violence. The police shooting a gun yielding robber is also. Sometime violence IS THE ANSWER!

Liberalism is poisoning the minds and souls out our children in the school system (which summer camp falls under).

:clap2:

Good for you son for defending himself! Make sure you tell him that his trip to Great America is a reward for a job well done.

Does this punk kid go to the same school as your son? If so... get a restraining order against him. If the punk does anything again you have something already proving the kid is a bully with something out for your son.

Then you sue the parents for emotional distress.

Nothing will ever change unless you make life hard on the parents. The best way to do that is to hit them in the pocket book.

Against 8 guys? Nope. If you could have talked/ran yourself out of the situation it would have been wise to do so early on, but if you are into it against 8 guys you're going to have a bad day (unless they're children, not really 'enthusiastic' about it, etc) and you're going to end up on the ground anyway.

True, but in the situation I was in I was in high school and his friends didn't get brave enough to jump in until I had this clown in a headlock on the ground.

Forum List

Back