PC Bullshit on School Yard Fighting

It looks like they are going to refund us the last week of camp and he is out for the week. Fucking shame! I am going to take off a day or two this week and take him somewhere fun. Maybe Wisconsin Dells, Great America, Santa's Village (just reopened) or somewhere!
:blowup:

Tell the little Dude The Infidel is proud of him! He stood up like a man and he is well on his way to being one very soon.... Take him somewhere cool, b/c he will remember this week for the rest of his life.

Believe me I know... I was bullied alot as a kid and can remember every time I ever stood up to them, and it "mostly" ended with the bullies realizing that I was too much of a headache for them.

GHook, you sound like a great dad... keep up the good work.

they are 6 yr olds....he got in a lucky push....kids dont really slam each other into much on purpose....

my father always told me to defend myself.....he made the mistake of saying...pick up something and hit them.....the coke bottle gash needed stitches.. the boy's father was pissed...my father stood up for me...

but i dont think he meant to hurt the other kid....just tired of being bullied
Maybe, who knows? Maybe ghook's kid has ghook's hair trigger temper.

Not sure why the camp counselors would let five year olds be unsupervised in a locker room.

I dunno, I can see your son punching the other kid back and giving as good as he got, but slamming the kid's head into the locker so he required stitches???

I doubt he meant for the other kid to have stitches. Maybe the bully will learn a valuable lesson (doubtful)
If ya dont want to get stitched up... dont bully others.

Oh, and you always... always give worse than you got. That leaves a lasting memory for the bully to recall much easier.

Just sayin'

take the refund....send a letter telling them to fuck themselves but in high tone words.....put the kid in karate or some sport ....

He does hockey and love that, trust now that he is joining a team all his activity money is going to that. Just the mites team cost $1K without equipment!

There are two easy moves anyone can use to defend themselves against anyone of any size. If a guy starts shit with you, either hit him in the Adam's Apple or use your hand and palm punch him in the nose (just don't do it hard enough that you break it and shove a bone shard into his brain).

take the refund....send a letter telling them to fuck themselves but in high tone words.....put the kid in karate or some sport ....

He does hockey and love that, trust now that he is joining a team all his activity money is going to that. Just the mites team cost $1K without equipment!

Hockey is expensive!:eek:

Combination of rink rental time and insurance costs. If you didnt protect the people running it hockey teams for ametuers would be sued out of existance.

I dunno, I can see your son punching the other kid back and giving as good as he got, but slamming the kid's head into the locker so he required stitches???

Always the liberal huh Ravi. Does it matter that this kid was messing with my son on a daily basis for weeks. The kid preyed on my son's passive manner and never having to really defended himself.

I will admit I wish it didn't escalate to manner it did and I can understand the camp being upset about the injury to the other child. I wish my son would have just fought back and the little bully would have walked away crying. But fights rarely work out as planned!

Sidenote: I have an excuse to take off at noon on Friday to go to Great America!

Last edited:
Maybe, who knows? Maybe ghook's kid has ghook's hair trigger temper.
Nope he is much more passive and even tempered like his liberal mother!

Not sure why the camp counselors would let five year olds be unsupervised in a locker room.
I asked the same question! I think it has to do with liability. Kid changing in the locker with adults can become a fishy situation. At 5-6 kids can easily change themselves no problem!

There are two easy moves anyone can use to defend themselves against anyone of any size. If a guy starts shit with you, either hit him in the Adam's Apple or use your hand and palm punch him in the nose (just don't do it hard enough that you break it and shove a bone shard into his brain).

The throat is the easiest to protect area and the hardest to get a clean strike on. In order for a little guy to get a shot on the throat he has to get close. If he misses he is in a bad position and well at a disadvantage!

Sidenote: Great sig, hilarious. Pos rep for it!

Hockey is expensive!:eek:

Great sport, my son sweets bullets when he comes off the ice, but man it's expensive. I am afraid when he goes from the mites to real teams.

Tell the camp to go fuck themselves, your son did the right thing.

^^^ This. Screw 'em if they'll tolerate bullies and suspend kids who stand up for themselves.

My mom always told me to walk away from bullies. My dad told me to never hit first, but always hit hard and always hit last. I chose my dad's method. I rarely had to fight another kid (possibly because I usually had a brother with me and other kids never wanted to mess with one of us... cuz you mess with one, you mess with us all). I remember only one fight. Kid hit me first. I hit him back. He went down and then I followed mom's instructions and walked away. Worked for me. LOL

If you punch someone in the Adams Apple they can die, I wouldn't advise doing that unless your life was in danger.

Teach him the basic takedown maneuvers and how to keep a person on the ground.

It's not that simple. If you want to teach him, get him into a real program and let him really train (and gain lots of other benefits as well). A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I wouldn't advise the wrestling moves that require you to go on the ground with a person, I got into a fight with this kid in high school and I put him in a headlock and went down on top of him, however his little friends jumped in and started kicking me all at once, a mini riot damn near started. After that I never went down on the ground ever again if I could help it.

People like to say that, but the problem is that you can't help it so you're better off knowing what you're doing there than pretending you won't end up there. So much the better that many people don't know what they are doing there.

When I started high school i was 6ft 2in and weighed 150 pounds. A real lightweight.

My dad told me if anyone messes with me to make them bleed just a little bit and he would take care of the rest. Well I got my butt kicked a lot the first few months of school and everyone that messed with me bleed. They left me alone because it was not worth it. There where to many other easy victims to get.

Getting my butt kicked was actually good. I learned that a beating was not the worst thing in the world you heal up. I never did fear having to fight anyone after that.

Now I am 6ft 4in and weigh 240. To bad its all table muscle.

Forum List

Back