Paul Ryan says American women need to have more babies

Let's assume that Speaker Ryan was referring to more babies of any ethnicity.

Let's assume that Speaker Ryan was referring only to those people who have the necessary wherewithal to offer a loving and supportive upbringing so that those babies grow up to be good citizens.

With those two conditions, many people no doubt would strongly support the Speaker's proposal.

So are Republicans going to take care of these babies and see them to adulthood, properly fed, housed, cared-for medically, educated? Is this all to be tossed onto the parents? Is Ryan willing to come over and walk the floor with a colicky baby at three in the morning? Ryan needs to shut the hell up unless he can deliver.
In the last few days, I have seen two groups, Taiwanese and Polish, appealing to couples to have more Taiwanese and more Poles. Then there is Ryan. I don't see these populations willing to help out the couples they are appealing to have more babies. Have more babies, but we ain't going to be helping. Breast-feeding? Get the hell of my establishment, you slut!
If their biological parents don't want to take care of them, then they should be taken from them and given to someone willing to do the job.

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
Aaron Rupar Dec 14, 2017, 4:33 pm
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Why not allow in more immigrants? Maybe go to 2 million per year!
What we NEED to do IS....end all immigration, our crowded cities and streets and highways indicate that we've got enough already.
And yet, we have over six million unfilled jobs.

How To Measure the Skills Gap

How Colleges Can Sweep Away The Skills Gap

Without changes to the current dynamic, almost half of all new jobs will be in sectors with a median wage below the current national median ($37,000). How could employers be convinced to experiment with more new higher paying jobs? By reducing the cost and risk of new job creation.

So are Republicans going to take care of these babies and see them to adulthood, properly fed, housed, cared-for medically, educated? Is this all to be tossed onto the parents? Is Ryan willing to come over and walk the floor with a colicky baby at three in the morning? Ryan needs to shut the hell up unless he can deliver.
In the last few days, I have seen two groups, Taiwanese and Polish, appealing to couples to have more Taiwanese and more Poles. Then there is Ryan. I don't see these populations willing to help out the couples they are appealing to have more babies. Have more babies, but we ain't going to be helping. Breast-feeding? Get the hell of my establishment, you slut!
If their biological parents don't want to take care of them, then they should be taken from them and given to someone willing to do the job.
Wow, sounds like BIG Government.

No. Big government would be setting up some massive bureacracy to pay for the care and feeding of these children and then forcing people who aren't the parents to pay for it all.

No. Big government would be setting up some massive bureacracy to pay for the care and feeding of these children and then forcing people who aren't the parents to pay for it all.
So why is this stupid bitch Ryan opening his pie-hole? He's a man without a plan.
We've been forced to pay for all kinds of shit from the right-wing, including the invasion of Iraq and "faith-based initiatives," yet we can't help our own people or it would be "big government." Shit, government is even in Americans' vaginas nowadays. What a pile of crap.

We do. But academic studies show that education outcome to be primarily driven by parental involvement.

With sky rocketing illegitimacy, we are going to have a problem with education.

Not to mention possible race based achievement gaps.

anti-choice, anti-birth control religious zealots really shouldn't talk about illegitimacy. but it's a choice that most millennials are making.

the best contraindicator of unwed motherhood is education. you want women not to have kids out of wedlock, send them to college.
Why Are So Many Millennials Having Children Out of Wedlock?

1. Your partisan spin is noted and dismissed.

2. Are the girls having children out of wedlock because of no college or because that is what their mothers did and it is seen as normal?

3. From your linked article.

The study also found a correlation between an area’s high unemployment rates and a greater likelihood that a man would have a child out of wedlock. For both men and women, the larger the availability of medium-skilled jobs, the more likely they were to marry before having their first child. Why exactly, does the economy play a role in marriage decisions? The researchers give this explanation: Men without well-paying jobs are not seen as marriage material. “These men would be less desirable as marriage partners because of their reduced earning potential,”

We need better jobs for medium skilled workers, or semi skilled. And for that matter, low skilled.

4. Better than more colleges is reforms to reduce unreasonable demands for degrees for low paying jobs. I've seen too many jobs that demand college while not offering the pay to justify the expense.

Says one of the most base partisans on the board. Having read your screeds, I'm going to wager you have never voted for any democrat in any race..

I've never denied being a partisan. My point stands. YOur line of partisan shit is noted and dismissed.

And I never said that a four year college was for everyone. I am also a proponent of trade high schools..

Good. Too many people use "education" as a buzz word, without any real meaning behind it.

But the disdain the radical right has for education is pathetic and based on resentment that educated people don't believe in either your revisionist history or science denial..

We don't have disdain for education. We reject the culture of liberalism that has become the dominate Tribe in Academia.

Science denial? Forgive my suspicion that every answer to every problem you liberal find, seems to be the same, more taxes and more government power and me getting fucked.

In other words, they're smart and educated and the women don't have to be tethered to a stove for some guy to pay for them while they remain barefoot and pregnant..

Your strawman is noted and dismissed.

So let's tell the truth about what Paul Ryan and the rabid right really want.

And there is the basis of the anti science, anti education, misogynist stupidity of the trump era which leads the randian loon Paul Ryan to say oh white women need to make more babies.

Women make fewer babies when they're educated. Why? We go to school. We work. We get great jobs. And when we're ready for our first child (sometimes only as in my case), we're about 30, not 22 like my mother.

He actually said "American women" not white, but it is interesting that you conflate the two.

And yes, you have identified the problem. We have a situation where the time frame of peak fertility passes before a person is "ready" to have their first child, due to economic and education issues.

This is a problem for a society. Indeed, it is THE problem for the First World.

Our culture is becoming less dominate in our own nations as we are flooded by immigrants from less developed nations.

Our advanced and progressive culture is becoming less dominate in the world, as our percentage share of the world's population and economic might, becomes smaller and smaller.

Far more regressive cultures are out breeding us, and becoming more assertive.

Did you hear about the female circumcision case in Michigan?

Nice bigoted rant.

That was weak. ANd failed to challenge any of my points, thus they all stand, until you or some lib grows a set and cares to discuss the issue(s) seriously.

Run along little girl.

So why is this stupid bitch Ryan opening his pie-hole? He's a man without a plan.
We've been forced to pay for all kinds of shit from the right-wing, including the invasion of Iraq and "faith-based initiatives," yet we can't help our own people or it would be "big government." Shit, government is even in Americans' vaginas nowadays. What a pile of crap.

Yada, yada, yada, babble, babble, babble.

Ryan, "Have more babies"

Millennials: "Uh, yeah, maybe in 15 years when I'm 40 and my loan debt is finally paid off"

Fund CHIP, and maybe someone will take this bull seriously. I'm sure it's easy to tell people to have more kids when you're a multi-millionaire and can easily afford it yourself.

Me and my wife combined make less than 25k a year and we have 4 kids and want 1 more boy. So that's all nonsense. I don't agree with Ryan on 99.9% of things because I am more of a populist nationalist and he is a disgusting scumbag who would love to flood the country with turd world trash to replace white Americans but in this he is right.

Paul Ryan is Randian, now? LMFAO
Self-professed. Yes, he's a Randian. It is also reflected in all of his policy.
Really? How?
For one, he has spent his entire career trying to redistribute wealth from the bottom to the top.

That's commie propaganda. No libertarian would ever say such a thing. I don't know why you pretend to be one. You aren't fooling anyone.

Really? How?
For one, he has spent his entire career trying to redistribute wealth from the bottom to the top.

Color me surprised that the guy calling Paul Ryan a Randian has approximately zero clue what that philosophy entails.

Lemme guess. . . you're not a big reader.

Quick lesson for ya. . . When someone makes money, people who don't take away his money to give to the poor aren't actually redistributing the money from the poor to the maker. That money was already distributed that way by reality. Redistributing means moving it from where it's at to somewhere DIFFERENT. Dictionaries are awesome!

Others have claimed the same thing: One argument in favor is the care of aging parents, without children, we have simply aging adults, more in institutions.

Besides, what possibly be better than fucking for God and your country?

Make Love not War damnit!

We should be investing in education in our current children.

Throwing money at the education problem hasn’t been helping...it’s only getting worse. We need education reform.

Good intentions without reason is like heroin to the left. I can’t stay in this dilapidated crack house of a thread much longer

Really? How?

Color me surprised that the guy calling Paul Ryan a Randian has approximately zero clue what that philosophy entails.

Lemme guess. . . you're not a big reader.

Quick lesson for ya. . . When someone makes money, people who don't take away his money to give to the poor aren't actually redistributing the money from the poor to the maker. That money was already distributed that way by reality. Redistributing means moving it from where it's at to somewhere DIFFERENT. Dictionaries are awesome!
In the private sector money isn't distributed. It's earned. Loot is "distributed." Swag is distributed. My pay is earned.

Forum List

Back