Paul Ryan is Caught in a Lie

Aquinas was indeed a man of the fraternal brotherhood.

Ryan is between a rock and a hard place.

Ryan is the the liar in this thread.

bigrebnc runs around with his ears covered yelling "I can't hear you!!!!!"

:lol:

I listen to the idiot in the video bitching about Ryan not listening to the Catholic church.

You hear what you want to hear. that much is obvious.

That's what I heard the idiot in the video bitching about what the catholic church was saying against Ryan. So should a Church dictate what a Politician believes in?

I listen to the idiot in the video bitching about Ryan not listening to the Catholic church.

He should be listening to the teachings of the Catholic Fathers, not the atheist Rand, dontcha think, if he is going to be Catholic, hmmm?

So the church should dictate to a politician? Very much unconstitutional.

Rep. Paul Ryan

Check out time code 3:55 on. Ryan clearly states that his political views are based on Catholic teachings.

Once he says that, it opens the door for the catholic Church to respond. Which they did by saying:

Just solutions, however, must require shared sacrifice by all, including raising adequate revenues, eliminating unnecessary military and other spending, and fairly addressing the long-term costs of health insurance and retirement programs. The House-passed budget resolution fails to meet these moral criteria. We join other Christian leaders in insisting “a circle of protection” be drawn around essential programs that serve poor and vulnerable people. I respectfully urge that the committee reject any efforts to reduce funds or restructure programs in ways that harm struggling families and people living in poverty.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act...House-Committee-on-Agriculture-2012-04-16.pdf

Ryan opened the door. And maybe the REAL church going people are just a little tired of seeing the philosophy of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ used to justify very anti christian views.

That's what I heard the idiot in the video bitching about what the catholic church was saying against Ryan. So should a Church dictate what a Politician believes in?

Diversion from the actual topic yet again. The topic is Paul Ryan and his stated beliefs and now his flip flop on those stated beliefs. Not MSNBC paid leftist pundit, who is no better ( or worse for that matter ) than Hannity or Limbaugh.

Go back and look at what I posted. I said ignore the pundit and look only at the words of Paul Ryan. Dont listen to the spin. Listen to the actual words of the person were talking about and then answer honestly.

I realize Im probably fighting a lost cause here asking you to set aside the partisan spin, but try it. Imagine for a moment that Obama had said those things...would you defend him as youre defending Ryan?

And if you want to test me? Find something Obama lied about, start a thread then PM me a link...if he lied, Ill blast him for it too.

All people, including strange ones like bigrebnc, are moved by values and ethics, some rooted in spirituality and others perhaps not so much.

Our Founding Fathers, whether deist or Christian of strong or not so strong faith, were moved by such values.

The point is this. The Constitution protects our politicians' religious values informing their political philosophies.

Paul Ryan apparently is having second thoughts about his unchristian former political philosophies.

Good.

Last edited:

Diversion from the actual topic yet again. The topic is Paul Ryan and his stated beliefs and now his flip flop on those stated beliefs. Not MSNBC paid leftist pundit, who is no better ( or worse for that matter ) than Hannity or Limbaugh.

Go back and look at what I posted. I said ignore the pundit and look only at the words of Paul Ryan. Dont listen to the spin. Listen to the actual words of the person were talking about and then answer honestly.

I realize Im probably fighting a lost cause here asking you to set aside the partisan spin, but try it. Imagine for a moment that Obama had said those things...would you defend him as youre defending Ryan?

And if you want to test me? Find something Obama lied about, start a thread then PM me a link...if he lied, Ill blast him for it too.
Look if you want to bust someone for lying it's best not to use a video where the church is bitching about a politician not listening to their dictates. It's in the video the OP used.

He should be listening to the teachings of the Catholic Fathers, not the atheist Rand, dontcha think, if he is going to be Catholic, hmmm?

Rep. Paul Ryan

Check out time code 3:55 on. Ryan clearly states that his political views are based on Catholic teachings.

Once he says that, it opens the door for the catholic Church to respond. Which they did by saying:

Just solutions, however, must require shared sacrifice by all, including raising adequate revenues, eliminating unnecessary military and other spending, and fairly addressing the long-term costs of health insurance and retirement programs. The House-passed budget resolution fails to meet these moral criteria. We join other Christian leaders in insisting “a circle of protection” be drawn around essential programs that serve poor and vulnerable people. I respectfully urge that the committee reject any efforts to reduce funds or restructure programs in ways that harm struggling families and people living in poverty.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act...House-Committee-on-Agriculture-2012-04-16.pdf

Ryan opened the door. And maybe the REAL church going people are just a little tired of seeing the philosophy of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ used to justify very anti christian views.

Well if he said that it's the idiot in the video that must show he worships Ayn Rand. That's one of the things he was bitching about.

Obama had a fleeting acquaintance with a college professor named Bill Ayers, not a terrorist named Bill Ayers. There is no evidence that Obama knew anything about Ayers previous history when they met. Jack Nicholson did not know that his mother was really his grandmother, and his sister was really his mother, until a reporter told him in the 1980s.

There is no evidence that Obama heard anything controversial from Rev. Wright during the services he attended. Just because he was a member of a church for 20 years doesn't mean that he actually showed up at the church. Just like Reagan. Just like Bush.

But in this case, there is evidence: Paul Ryan's actual words, caught on tape, exposing him as a liar.

Rob Zerban 2012

possibly the dumbest comment you've ever made.
Why? Reagan was a member of his Washington church for all 8 years of his administration and never once went to a service.

And the best explanation is that both men are not particularly religious, but know that in American politics you must project an image of religiosity. Same with every president of the past 100 years, save Carter and JFK.

Note the operative word "seldom."

President Reagan's spokesman said that the President seldom attended church services because he disliked inconveniencing parishioners. He also said that Mr. Reagan did not intend to make morality a campaign issue.

And, Bill Clinton waving his family bible around, was always getting a photo op coming out of church.

All people, including strange ones like bigrebnc, are moved by values and ethics, some rooted in spirituality and others perhaps not so much.

Our Founding Fathers, whether deist or Christian of strong or not so strong faith, were moved by such values.

The point is this. The Constitution protects our politicians' religious values informing their political philosophies.

Paul Ryan apparently is having second thoughts about his unchristian former political philosophies.

Good.

No offense, but I think you're misreading him. I believe it when he says he loves Ayn Rand. It's his Christian faith that's probably less genuine. Every American politician and his advisers know that a viable candidate has to profess some version of Christian faith to have a prayer (no pun intended) of higher elective office, regardless of whether that professed faith is real or it's just an affectation.

Rep. Paul Ryan

Well if he said that it's the idiot in the video that must show he worships Ayn Rand. That's one of the things he was bitching about.

the idiot in the video DID show it. He played the audio from Ryans speech in front of the the Atlas Society, which is a group of Rand followers. Did you stick around for that ausdio? You know the part where Ryan himself says that he was guided by Rands philosphy into public service? The part where he says that Atlas Shrugged is REQUIRED reading to work in his office?

Seriously Big, I know people pounce on you. But Ive seen a couple of threads where I completely agree with you but when you refuse to do the homework and come at me with nonsense that was disproved in the veru first post in the thread? Cmon.

watch the video again. all the way through this time. To hell with the crazy guy you dont agree with. Just get the facts from Ryans own mouth.

then come back and tell me honestly what you think.

Dont agree with me? Fine. Well agree to disagree, but at least come at me informed.

You know what, here. here is what Ryan said in front of the Atlas Society:

“I grew up on Ayn Rand, that’s what I tell people,” the congressman said at the event. “I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are. It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. We start with Atlas Shrugged.”

“But the reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand. And the fight we are in here, make no mistake about it, is a fight of individualism versus collectivism,” he added. “It’s so important that we go back to our roots to look at Ayn Rand’s vision, her writings, to see what our girding, under-grounding [sic] principles are. … And then I go to the 64-page John Galt speech, you know, on the radio at the end, and go back to a lot of other things that she did, to try and make sure that I can check my premises so that I know that what I’m believing and doing and advancing are square with the key principles of individualism.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/01/atlas-society-ryan-budget-very-much-in-line-with-ayn-rand/

and thats from an article that has the head of the Atlas Society defending Ryan and saying that he has LONG held two seperate philosphies.

Two different philospohies? Fine. I can handle that. But Rand and Aquinas? Why not Marx and Hitler then? They are THAT opposed.

Last edited:
Rep. Paul Ryan

the idiot in the video DID show it. He played the audio from Ryans speech in front of the the Atlas Society, which is a group of Rand followers. Did you stick around for that ausdio? You know the part where Ryan himself says that he was guided by Rands philosphy into public service? The part where he says that Atlas Shrugged is REQUIRED reading to work in his office?

Seriously Big, I know people pounce on you. But Ive seen a couple of threads where I completely agree with you but when you refuse to do the homework and come at me with nonsense that was disproved in the veru first post in the thread? Cmon.

watch the video again. all the way through this time. To hell with the crazy guy you dont agree with. Just get the facts from Ryans own mouth.

Dont agree with me? Fine. Well agree to disagree, but at least come at me informed.

“I grew up on Ayn Rand, that’s what I tell people,” the congressman said at the event. “I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are. It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. We start with Atlas Shrugged.”

“But the reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand. And the fight we are in here, make no mistake about it, is a fight of individualism versus collectivism,” he added. “It’s so important that we go back to our roots to look at Ayn Rand’s vision, her writings, to see what our girding, under-grounding [sic] principles are. … And then I go to the 64-page John Galt speech, you know, on the radio at the end, and go back to a lot of other things that she did, to try and make sure that I can check my premises so that I know that what I’m believing and doing and advancing are square with the key principles of individualism.”

Atlas Society: Ryan budget ‘very much in line’ with Ayn Rand | The Raw Story

and thats from an article that has the head of the Atlas Society defending Ryan and saying that he has LONG held two seperate philosphies.

Two different philospohies? Fine. I can handle that. But Rand and Aquinas? Why not Marx and Hitler then? They are THAT opposed.

Was he bitching about the Catholic church? Was the Catholic church bitching about Ryan?

Let's give Ryan some hope here as he works out his Catholic faith with his political philosophy.

I hope that his religious nature wins out. Religious values in a strict secular government are good influences.

"Obama HAD to deny Wright.
He HAD to deny the Rev's anti-American ramblings
Obama HAD to deny Ayres
He HAD to deny his ties to terrorists"

See how that works......
:eusa_shhh:

It's called the CYA method.

A flip-flopping politician?

shocked face.m4v - YouTube

Why are you justifying it though? For god's sake, hold these bastards accountable. Who cares if he's a republican?

Let's give Ryan some hope here as he works out his Catholic faith with his political philosophy.

I hope that his religious nature wins out. Religious values in a strict secular government are good influences.

So you think the Church should dictate to a politician?

Atlas Society: Ryan budget ‘very much in line’ with Ayn Rand | The Raw Story

Was he bitching about the Catholic church? Was the Catholic church bitching about Ryan?

The lefty pundit was pointing out, in a partisan rant, that a certain group of Jesuits ( Catholics ) recently took issue with Paul Ryan making claims that his approach to politics is based on his faith as a Catholic and Catholic teachings while at the same time telling others that his approach was based on the Philosophy of Ayn Rand.

The video I linked to clearly shows Ryan claiming the catholic teachings as his inspiration and the leftist pundit gives us audio of Ryan claiming that its all based on Rands teachings.

The Catholics in no way told Ryan to change his politics but pointed out that his proposed budget absolutely did NOT reflect their values. Which they are well within their rights to do.

The pundit was pointing out, in a partisan rhetoric way, the inconsistancies with the two Ryan statements and calling Ryan a liar.

In my opinion, based on the two statements that Ryan has made, he is indeed a liar.

BUT, as the pundit pointed out and I agree with him on this point, its WORSE than that. He actually thinks people like YOU AND I arent going to be able to put two and two together and realize that the statements are totally inconsistant with one another. That they are in fact diametrically opposed.

And ill take it further than the crazy leftist pundit. Basically, Ryan ( and ANY politician for that matter ) that pulls this bullshit, is calling us stupid, man. Theyre saying they can tell us ANYTHING and we'll just believe it because we are too stupid to think for ourselves. We are too stupid, too entrenched in holding the party line to hold their feet to the flames and DEMAND they be truthful with us about the issues.

And no, its not just republicans that do that. Bill Clinton. Barney Frank. Mutha Fuckin Dick Gephardt...oh my god Dick Gephardt was the KING OF LIES. Thank god, he never won the Presidency. We should start a thread that just attacks both sides proving lie after lie after lie showing how they ALL Dem and Rep think we're just mouth breathing morons.

The lefty pundit was pointing out, in a partisan rant, that a certain group of Jesuits ( Catholics ) recently took issue with Paul Ryan making claims that his approach to politics is based on his faith as a Catholic and Catholic teachings while at the same time telling others that his approach was based on the Philosophy of Ayn Rand.

The video I linked to clearly shows Ryan claiming the catholic teachings as his inspiration and the leftist pundit gives us audio of Ryan claiming that its all based on Rands teachings.

The Catholics in no way told Ryan to change his politics but pointed out that his proposed budget absolutely did NOT reflect their values. Which they are well within their rights to do.

The pundit was pointing out, in a partisan rhetoric way, the inconsistancies with the two Ryan statements and calling Ryan a liar.

In my opinion, based on the two statements that Ryan has made, he is indeed a liar.

BUT, as the pundit pointed out and I agree with him on this point, its WORSE than that. He actually thinks people like YOU AND I arent going to be able to put two and two together and realize that the statements are totally inconsistant with one another. That they are in fact diametrically opposed.

And ill take it further than the crazy leftist pundit. Basically, Ryan ( and ANY politician for that matter ) that pulls this bullshit, is calling us stupid, man. Theyre saying they can tell us ANYTHING and we'll just believe it because we are too stupid to think for ourselves. We are too stupid, too entrenched in holding the party line to hold their feet to the flames and DEMAND they be truthful with us about the issues.

And no, its not just republicans that do that. Bill Clinton. Barney Frank. Mutha Fuckin Dick Gephardt...oh my god Dick Gephardt was the KING OF LIES. Thank god, he never won the Presidency. We should start a thread that just attacks both sides proving lie after lie after lie showing how they ALL Dem and Rep think we're just mouth breathing morons.

Talk about selective hearing the first 3 minutes of the video was bitching from the idiot in the video about Ryan and the Catholic church bitching about Ryan not listening to the dictates of the catholic church.

Forum List

Back