Patriot Comics: Dream-Wraith?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This patriotic vignette was inspired by the American paramilitary fantasy-adventure 1980s animated TV series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.

Should we more actively endorse 'patriotism-themed' comics in this new globalization age plagued by terrorism (e.g., ISIS, Taliban, etc.)?

We should try to coordinate democracy pedagoguery with 'folk imagination' in this new age of 'commerce-driven politics' (e.g., European Union, NATO, Wall Street, 'TrumpUSA,' etc., etc.).

Signing off,

====

jinx.png

Jinx talked with her boyfriend Snake-Eyes about the new G.I. Joe war-initiative in Iran where the super-terrorist organization Cobra was hiding (possibly under the sponsorship of ISIS). Snake-Eyes remembered his days of youth when his life-love Jinx was simply known to him as the beautiful Mara (and he was known simply as John Corrigan), but now the two love-birds were wartime allies in this new environment of globalization-related terrorism, and President Trump was relying on the American patriotic paramilitary crusaders the G.I. Joes to destroy Cobra. The G.I. Joes had just completed a fancy military base which became the inspiration of many LEGO toy model sets for American youngsters.

base2.jpg

Cobra did not lag behind, which is exactly what G.I. Joe commander Duke feared. Duke was a movie star who trained privately while mountain-climbing in his college days and was now responsible for the welfare of America's most heroic and skillful infiltration and destruction unit, the only individuals capable of dealing with Cobra. Cobra had received information about the new G.I. Joe base which had inspired the creation of many LEGO toy-sets being sold in Toys 'R Us stores across the USA, and Cobra wanted to undermine this 'public fervor' which would only mean more political sponsorship and international support for the G.I. Joes who otherwise might simply be 'wandering soldiers-of-fortune.' Cobra received insider-information about the G.I. Joe base from a traitor and used the information to send its lethal eco-terrorist Pythona to drop vials of a deadly rapidly self-replicating virus (called 'The Thing') into the Joe base!

hospital.jpg

The Cobra terrorist initiative on the Joe base worked 'beautifully,' and even though Snake-Eyes and Shipwreck (two reliable members of G.I. Joe) dealt with 'The Thing' effectively and Duke engineered a tactical quarantine procedure with the help of Scarlett and Lady Jaye, Jinx (also a medical officer) was worried that the number of Joes infected by 'The Thing' would mean down-time and a recuperation period. Snake-Eyes left the Joe base and left Jinx in charge of all medical operations so they could explore Iran on their own to see if they could uncover the secret Cobra lair (possibly located somewhere in Tehran). Snake-Eyes and Shipwreck called themselves 'the Saviors' and went scouring Tehran and believed they found some intriguing clues which led them to an underground cave which was indeed the Cobra-lair! However, when they snuck in, they were shocked to find Scarlett (Duke's girlfriend and trusted ally) hosting a Christmas party with Cobra agents and children from UNICEF in the cave!

scarlett.jpg

SNAKE-EYES: What is this, the Twilight Zone?
SHIPWRECK: I can't believe Scarlett is playing hand-maiden to this UNICEF farce!
SNAKE-EYES: Maybe it's not a farce...maybe Cobra has turned over a new leaf.
SHIPWRECK: I doubt it, Snake-Eyes. I think Scarlett just might be planning something.
SNAKE-EYES: You might be right. Maybe Scarlett's convinced Cobra Commander to do a 'UNICEF-deed.'
SHIPWRECK: Cobra is certainly jealous already of all those G.I. Joe base LEGO model toy sets marketed!
SNAKE-EYES: War is funny...
SHIPWRECK: It sure is, and I wonder if this 'Fabletics exercise' has any merit or if it will just piss Duke off.
SNAKE-EYES: I think we should try to approach Scarlett and ask her what the hell is going on here.
SHIPWRECK: I can see it now..."G.I. Joe loves Cobra: The Move" starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
SNAKE-EYES: They'd make a terrific Duke and Scarlett.
SHIPWRECK: Or a good Duke and Pythona!
SNAKE-EYES: Where is Pythona, by the way(?)...I suspect she's got something cookin' in her own brain.
SHIPWRECK: Gosh, you don't trust anyone, do you, Snake-Eyes? Let's listen to this Christmas music.
SNAKE-EYES: If we're discovered, we'll be beheaded and our bodies handed over to ISIS.
SHIPWRECK: What we need right now is some therapeutic Freudian 'war-hospital TV.'
SNAKE-EYES: I used to watch M*A*S*H (Alan Alda) on TV growing up...
SHIPWRECK: That's a superior 'wartime-hospital' dramedy TV-show. C'mon, let's be 'yellow journalists'!

====

comics.jpg

Forum List

Back