Consumerism Mirror: Devil's GQ

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a philosophical exploration of consumerism 'logic' by Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and a hypothetical 'Evil Easter Bunny' named simply Rabbit.

No one said consumerism (e.g., 'TrumpUSA,' Wall Street, eBay, etc.) can't be...cathartic!

====

SHIVA: Terrorism is psychosis...
RABBIT: Rebelliousness is natural...
SHIVA: That's what they say, but governance requires maturity!
RABBIT: In the universe we know, leaders are esteemed, but power is irresistible.
SHIVA: Corruption is a reality, but vanity can be tempered with fitness.
RABBIT: You can't coerce the citizenry to conform to 'national exercises.'
SHIVA: No one is above desire to be free, but teamwork is an element of objectivity.
RABBIT: What's the difference then between creativity and isolation?
SHIVA: When we enjoy Starbucks coffee, aren't we being 'patriotic' about capitalism?
RABBIT: I agree with you that commerce/consumerism does not stifle creativity, but what about privacy?
SHIVA: When we look inside a mirror, we see an image perhaps of our 'idealized selves.'
RABBIT: Are you suggesting that an 'ideal universe' is pure fantasy?
SHIVA: I'm simply saying that the division between order and chaos is not necessarily destructive...
RABBIT: Alright, but I prefer citing individualism in discussions about 'creative contributions.'
SHIVA: I see, you're not a fan of the 'principle of charity,' but what do you think about Ronald McDonald?
RABBIT: The funny-clown mascot of the McDonald's fast-food chain? I think Ronald is...silly but marketable!
SHIVA: Perhaps capitalism/consumerism can help us reach important 'benchmarks' regarding productivity.
RABBIT: Well, if companies (and also sports teams) offer us colorfu mascots/avatars, I'll have more fun.
SHIVA: Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass, shows Alice meeting the Jabberwocky-creature in a mirror.
RABBIT: If we rely on a 'parallax-universe' avatar such as Jabberwocky for 'conversational logic,' we're crazy!
SHIVA: Lucky the Leprechaun (the mascot for the Lucky Charms breakfast cereal) is only 'half-crazy.'
RABBIT: Let's simply agree that consumerism offers us 'argumentative stew.'

====

psychosis.jpg

Forum List

Back