Patrick Murphy (D) announces for 2016 FL-SEN race.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Patrick Murphy launches Florida Senate bid - CNN.com

Doubtless this is going to be a high-level marquee race. And this time, the race is happening during a presidential cycle. Since a ton of money is expected to flow to Florida, anyway, this will likely add to the $$ avalanche.

If Marco Rubio gives up his Senate seat to run for the Presidency, then this would be an open race. Otherwise, it would be an incumbent-race.

FYI.

Doubtless this is going to be a high-level marquee race. And this time, the race is happening during a presidential cycle. Since a ton of money is expected to flow to Florida, anyway, this will likely add to the $$ avalanche.

If Marco Rubio gives up his Senate seat to run for the Presidency, then this would be an open race. Otherwise, it would be an incumbent-race.

FYI.
A foine Irish lad and rich as Rockefeller.

FYI.

This is a winnable race for Murphy even against Rubio. Republicans believe they won big in 2014 and were given some kind of mandate. The problem for them is that presidential elections bring out most of the Dems to the polls. If Hillary wins as easily as I believe she will, many Democratic candidates are going to be swept into office along with her.

• Banned
How many dirt-poor Senators are out there?
Just Murphy so far. He only inherited 5 million. He'll probably have to get food stamps.

Tell me, does being rich mean that someone should not serve in Congress?

What is with Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX), worth $300,000,000?
And with Darell Issa (R-CA), worth $257,000,000?

Hmmmm, does wealth proclude public service?

Just Murphy so far. He only inherited 5 million. He'll probably have to get food stamps.

Not at all. It's the ones who get filthy rich during their political career and not from any business enterprises. They're supposed to divest themselves of personal income and have it put in trust. Sometimes they get caught in dealings with donors which is good.

I heard his father was in the NRA and his wife is schizophrenic.

Only kidding, just adding levity.

• Banned

Not at all. It's the ones who get filthy rich during their political career and not from any business enterprises. They're supposed to divest themselves of personal income and have it put in trust. Sometimes they get caught in dealings with donors which is good.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

He really is an outstanding candidate, hardly anything bad on his record really. And he's not too far leftwing for Florida either (unlike Alan Grayson.... >.> )

Forum List

Back