Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

My guess is it won't happen. Upstanding, yada-yada, first-offense, blah-blah-blah.

That, and they were provoked by guys trying to start a fight.

Seriously, why go to a church where you've been told you aren't welcome?

Clearly God hates them. What with all that "love" that gets preached.

Fuck love, I'll take an evil twisted hateful and spiteful deity over a kind and loving one any day.

This God sounds like my kind of guy.

My guess is it won't happen. Upstanding, yada-yada, first-offense, blah-blah-blah.

Fuck love, I'll take an evil twisted hateful and spiteful deity over a kind and loving one any day.

This guy didn't take his gay lover to church because they felt a need to pray.

He did it to embarass his Pastor father.

I have no more sympathy for him getting his ass kicked than I would for Fred Phelps getting his ass kicked taking his "God Hates F**s" signs to a pride parade.

No doubt! Showing up at church is "provoking"? "Looking for a fight"? Because, I saw the video. If the sight of two gay men as a couple can provoke the pastor to rage, then he needs a 'come to Jesus' chat. And some anger management work.

Which totally justifies assault and battery.

What did I miss? I never saw the bit where he said that's why they were going there. In fact, he's never stated why they went. Maybe he was looking for acceptance. Maybe he was hoping to make peace. But as sure as God made little green apples, I doubt that he went there seeking to get his ass kicked, or seeking to kick anyone else's.

No doubt! Showing up at church is "provoking"? "Looking for a fight"? Because, I saw the video. If the sight of two gay men as a couple can provoke the pastor to rage, then he needs a 'come to Jesus' chat. And some anger management work.

When I've been told I'm not welcome somewhere, I don't go there. What a fuckin' concept.

Oh, wait, they had a right to go on someone else's property and engage in behavior that they were told was unacceptable there.

You pick a fight, you'd better be ready to back it up, not whine like a couple of sissies when you get your butt kicked.

To my mind, you go somewhere and intentionally offend someone, yeah, you are asking for a fight.

As I said, I'm an atheist. I do occassionally go to churches as a guest of my family or friends or occassionaly on business. When I am there, I don't pick fights, I don't mock the parts of their religion I think are stupid. I recognize that I'm a guest, and I act like a guest.

What is obvious to me is that this young man has some real issues with his family. No doubt . I can't imagine a more destructive way to try to work them out than by intentionally provoking them.

But that's what he did.

Can't feel sorry for him. Nor more than I'd feel sorry for Fred Phelps and his bunch of jerkwads if they got their asses handed to them at a funeral or a pride parade.

People keep saying "asking for a fight." If someone came up to you and literally asked you to punch them in the face because they were looking for a fight, alls well? Smart move?

When I've been told I'm not welcome somewhere, I don't go there. What a fuckin' concept.

Oh, wait, they had a right to go on someone else's property and engage in behavior that they were told was unacceptable there.

You pick a fight, you'd better be ready to back it up, not whine like a couple of sissies when you get your butt kicked.

Yeaaaaah. I also missed the bit where he was told he wasn't welcome there. What kind of church doesn't welcome people!?

If that were my church, the Sunday before this incident would have been the last time I would have graced their sanctuary with my presence.

Somewhere along the line, the pastor seems to have lost connection with the teachings of the Lord.

Immie

I agree.
I am wondering if this incident would have happened if one of the gay men had NOT been the pastor's son.

Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland, TN

Is everyone SURE this isn't an onion story?

I don't think it's an union story.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's true though.
It seems to be true and the Pastor was arrested and charged with theft for stealing copper from a family member!:lol::lol:

People keep saying "asking for a fight." If someone came up to you and literally asked you to punch them in the face because they were looking for a fight, alls well? Smart move?

I would think that person had some serious problems, actually.

Just like I think that a couple of gay dudes going to a homophobic church because one of them had daddy issues has some serious problems.

But to use your rather silly example, I think that if such harrassment continued, eventually I would punch that person in the face, and most sensible people would say, "Yup, he was asking for it."

Yeaaaaah. I also missed the bit where he was told he wasn't welcome there. What kind of church doesn't welcome people!?

The kind that thinks certain behavior is a "sin".

The kind that thinks they are called "The Ten Commandments", not "The Ten Helpful Hints".

The kind that thinks certain behaviors treat you to a perpetual weinie roast in the afterlife.

Don't personally believe in that nonsense, but some people do.

(Hey, Boopsie, great job of "ignoring me", BTW)

Forum List

Back