Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

When I've been told I'm not welcome somewhere, I don't go there. What a fuckin' concept.

Oh, wait, they had a right to go on someone else's property and engage in behavior that they were told was unacceptable there.

You pick a fight, you'd better be ready to back it up, not whine like a couple of sissies when you get your butt kicked.

Yeaaaaah. I also missed the bit where he was told he wasn't welcome there. What kind of church doesn't welcome people!?

The kind that thinks certain behavior is a "sin".

The kind that thinks they are called "The Ten Commandments", not "The Ten Helpful Hints".

The kind that thinks certain behaviors treat you to a perpetual weinie roast in the afterlife.

Don't personally believe in that nonsense, but some people do.

(Hey, Boopsie, great job of "ignoring me", BTW)

I'm committed to the thread.

The part about the perpetual weinie roast? Guess who I think would be there if such a place existed. Go ahead; guess.

The kind that thinks certain behaviors treat you to a perpetual weinie roast in the afterlife.

The part about the perpetual weinie roast? Guess who I think would be there if such a place existed. Go ahead; guess.

Doesn't say much about you.

I don't think people deserve eternal torment for disagreeing with me. If I did, I'd be a high grade sadist and I'd need some serious help.

Let's review. You think everyone should be all upset with this pastor because his poofta kid shows up at his church with his gay lover during services to embarrass him. Other people in the church just ain't putting up with that shit (and you are just kind of left with the impression that this isn't the first time this kid has tried something like this) and put some beatdown on his ass.

Life is like that. You step over certain lines and you get a beat down.

But obviously, since I don't share your horror and outrage over this incident, I deserve eternal torment.

Wow. Makes sense to me. Maybe this pastor isn't the only one who needs to look at himself.

I don't think people deserve eternal torment for disagreeing with me.
If I did, I'd be a high grade sadist and I'd need some serious help.

Let's review. You think everyone should be all upset with this pastor because his poofta kid shows up at his church with his gay lover during services to embarrass him. Other people in the church just ain't putting up with that shit (and you are just kind of left with the impression that this isn't the first time this kid has tried something like this) and put some beatdown on his ass.

But obviously, since I don't share your horror and outrage over this incident, I deserve eternal torment.

Wow. Makes sense to me. Maybe this pastor isn't the only one who needs to look at himself.

Whoa. You are unhinged. So. You honestly believe that I was referring to YOU.

Instead of the pastor.

Really? Arrogant much?

I don't think people deserve eternal torment for disagreeing with me.
If I did, I'd be a high grade sadist and I'd need some serious help.

Whoa. You are unhinged. So. You honestly believe that I was referring to YOU.

Instead of the pastor.

Really? Arrogant much?

Oh, I'm arrogant all the time. And proud of it. :razz:

Not seeing a difference, shnookums.... You don't like this pastor's views. So you think he should be eternally tortured for them.

That's kind of sociopathic, really.

I see a guy who is stuck between a rigid belief system, and a kid who seems intent on making a spectacle of himself. Maybe he shouldn't have sent him to that Jesus Camp when he was 12 and starting singing show tunes.

Now, as I said, I would feel the same way if Fred Phelps got his ass kicked at a pride parade. And if these deacons went to their house and beat them up, that really would be a crime and they should throw the book at them.

This was a case of mutual antagonism, no doubt complicated by years of what must be a pretty serious family dynamic. Can't get upset and weepy.

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church | Addicting Info

Oh, okay! One of them was his son. Now I understand.

Not.

"Grace Fellowship" my ass.

Well, if you know your father is a raging homophobe, showing up to his church and publically humiliating him seems pretty suicidal to me.

Sounds to me like these guys wanted a confrontation and got more than they bargained for.

Can't work up a shitload of "give a fuck" over this one. They brought a knife to a gunfight.

You can. because you aren't happy unless you are outraged. And the ability to turn meth dealers (like Matt Shephard) into gay martyrs is hard when so few of them sign up for it.

Your argument might hold some weight if the father worked at WalMart.
We are talking about a CHRISTIAN CHURCH.
As in Jesus, love thy neighbor.
Comprende?

I don't think people deserve eternal torment for disagreeing with me. If I did, I'd be a high grade sadist and I'd need some serious help.

"his church"
I can respect your religion if they assign ownership of their house of worship to the pastor but us Christians do it a different way.
You know, Jesus, love thy neighbor, spread the word. Christianity?

I am sure this pastor would beat the hell out of his daughter if she showed up at "his church" with a child born out of wedlock.

Comprende?

There's just as much in the Bible that says pretty harsh things ought to be done to gays... so that dog won't hunt.

Guy, I'm an atheist. I consider all religions to be a little silly. but this guy has no doubt spent his whole life sticking his "lifestyle" in his dad's face, and they probalby all had enough of that shit.. So no sympathy for the reckless. It's Darwinism in action.

Comprende?

There's just as much in the Bible that says pretty harsh things ought to be done to gays... so that dog won't hunt.

Guy, I'm an atheist. I consider all religions to be a little silly. but this guy has no doubt spent his whole life sticking his "lifestyle" in his dad's face, and they probalby all had enough of that shit.. So no sympathy for the reckless. It's Darwinism in action.

Where did Jesus say any of that stuff Moe?
My neighbor is an atheist. I hever knew for 20 years until we were drinking at his annual New Year's Party a few years ago.
He is the most Christlike person I know. Atheists are no different than folks with beliefs in most cases.
Of course there are exceptions and if you want to be one I find nothing wrong with that.
I have no problem with atheists. That is what makes this country great. Everyone deserves respect. Including the gays.

Comprende?

My neighbor is an atheist. I hever knew for 20 years until we were drinking at his annual New Year's Party a few years ago.
He is the most Christlike person I know. Atheists are no different than folks with beliefs in most cases.
Of course there are exceptions and if you want to be one I find nothing wrong with that.
I have no problem with atheists. That is what makes this country great. Everyone deserves respect. Including the gays.

Zip--- right over his head, again!

I don't think Jesus actually ever said anything, because I don't think Jesus actually existed. What the BIBLE says about homosexuality is pretty clear.

That wasn't my point.

My point is, even though I am an atheist, when I am invited to a church to either promote my business or a guest of a religious friend, I do not rush up to the altar and tell the infamous "Sister Mary Butch" story about how the nuns told us it was okay for God to drown babies. I don't mock their beliefs in their house. I don't provoke them. I recognize that when I go there, I'm a guest, and I conduct myself accordingly.

What is obvious to me is that this kid was told he was NOT welcome in this church, but decided he was going to show up anyway and stick it in their faces. He was going to disrespect his father and his uncle, just to show them.

That merits an ass-kicking. Sorry, it just does.

Just like Fred Phelps needs to get his ass kicked when he shows up to a military funeral with a "God loves Dead Soldiers" sign.

Zip--- right over his head, again!

I don't think Jesus actually ever said anything, because I don't think Jesus actually existed. What the BIBLE says about homosexuality is pretty clear.

That wasn't my point.

My point is, even though I am an atheist, when I am invited to a church to either promote my business or a guest of a religious friend, I do not rush up to the altar and tell the infamous "Sister Mary Butch" story about how the nuns told us it was okay for God to drown babies. I don't mock their beliefs in their house. I don't provoke them. I recognize that when I go there, I'm a guest, and I conduct myself accordingly.

What is obvious to me is that this kid was told he was NOT welcome in this church, but decided he was going to show up anyway and stick it in their faces. He was going to disrespect his father and his uncle, just to show them.

That merits an ass-kicking. Sorry, it just does.

Just like Fred Phelps needs to get his ass kicked when he shows up to a military funeral with a "God loves Dead Soldiers" sign.

"I don't think Jesus actually existed"
"What the BIBLE says about homosexuality is pretty clear"

You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Where is there any evidence that the son was told not to come to the church?
Where?
Joe claims it was "obvious". Where is that anywhere?
"Obvious"
You are once again seriously lacking in the facts area there Joe. Your entire argument is based on rank speculation.
Try again.

Comprende?

Christ did not teach violence, he taught forgiveness.

This is the guy who claims that people pay him to investigate things...

The BIBLE is very clear in what it says about homosexuality. Absolutely no wiggle room, guy.

Doesn't mean I believe it or think it's right, but it says what it says.

That you seem to LACK the logic to understand that, and claim that you have a job that involves problem solving and reasoning, is just kind of laughable.

Where?
"Obvious"
You are once again seriously lacking in the facts area there Joe. Your entire argument is based on rank speculation.
Try again.

I think you misspelled "reasonable inferences".

Let's see now, Dad is a fundementalist minister.

Kid is a gay dude who likes to cause trouble.

Hmmmmm..

So you think they invited the kid to church and then said at the last minute, "Naw, let's beat them up!"

This is the guy who claims that people pay him to investigate things...

The BIBLE is very clear in what it says about homosexuality. Absolutely no wiggle room, guy.

Doesn't mean I believe it or think it's right, but it says what it says.

That you seem to LACK the logic to understand that, and claim that you have a job that involves problem solving and reasoning, is just kind of laughable.

Where?
"Obvious"
Try again.

I think you misspelled "reasonable inferences".

Let's see now, Dad is a fundementalist minister.

Kid is a gay dude who likes to cause trouble.

Hmmmmm..

So you think they invited the kid to church and then said at the last minute, "Naw, let's beat them up!"

All hot air. You make claims and have nothing to back it up.
Having played football for many,many years and investigated over 5000 cases over the last 30 years I always know when someone has given up because their milk is weak.
All they have are insults and lip.
Try again.

This pastor has just been arrested for felony theft and also has a prior arrest for assault.
But hey, someone probably made him mad and forced him to steal and assault someone else.
Since his son is gay the theft had to be his fault.

Having played football for many,many years and investigated over 5000 cases over the last 30 years I always know when someone has given up because their milk is weak.
Try again.

Right, guy... keep saying that... you don't impress.

Any reasonable person would draw the same conclusion I would. Only a partisan hack looking to be outraged would otherwise.

This pastor has just been arrested for felony theft and also has a prior arrest for assault.
But hey, someone probably made him mad and forced him to steal and assault someone else.

Source?

Try again.

Right, guy... keep saying that... you don't impress.

Any reasonable person would draw the same conclusion I would. Only a partisan hack looking to be outraged would otherwise.

Source?

"Partisan hack"
OK Mr. Psychic. What party am I partisan to?
This ought to be rich.
"Source?"
Do some research for a change Moe and maybe you will find it yourself.
I have a source and many links to prove without any doubt that Elvis is a current undercover DEA agent working undercover at the Waffle House in Hahira, Ga.
Scattered, covered and smothered just like your posts.

Forum List

Back