Park 51 Mosque Will Be Beautiful

I wonder what floor the homicide bombers will be on?

And some folks are confused as to how they end up labeled as Islamophobes and bigots? How is anyone who has not drunk the "all Muslims are evil" kool aid supposed to read that post and not think you are a wingnut, CMike?

If you want a dialogue, you have to speak in a manner that people can hear. If you just want to bay at the Moon, by all means, don't let me interrupt you.

Because putting such a complex so close to ground zero is at best offensive to the families of the people murdered there .

This is an "in your face" and as such gets disdain from me.

Because putting such a complex so close to ground zero is at best offensive to the families of the people murdered there .

This is an "in your face" and as such gets disdain from me.

Your bias has morphed into bigotry and gets disdain from me.

BTW, there are literally dozens of threads on USMB you could use to post "I hate Muslims". Please do not hijack this excellent thread on modern architecture to do so.

Thanks for the tip.

They'll probably use the basement for the vest training .

That allows for safety during premature detonation.

This is the shot I liked best:

slide_11345_149192_large.jpg

Very etheral and quite inspired, I thought.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

The 8-corner star is a symbol of the Seljuks and represents justice.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3736/6a00d8341c60bf53ef0133f.jpg

And some folks are confused as to how they end up labeled as Islamophobes and bigots? How is anyone who has not drunk the "all Muslims are evil" kool aid supposed to read that post and not think you are a wingnut, CMike?

If you want a dialogue, you have to speak in a manner that people can hear. If you just want to bay at the Moon, by all means, don't let me interrupt you.

Thank God that there have been men and women throughout history willing to stand up for what was right and not care what other people "think" of them.

It is a shame that we have to resort to paintig people as fearful when we disagree with their viewpoint. It could be argued that both sides are fearful it just manifests differently in both.

I would not give much on the Morrocan Theory.
The eight star is probably from shamanistic cults of Central Asia, which came with the Seljuks into Middle-East.

Coat of Arms, Turkmenistan
600px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Turkmenistan.svg.png

AKP Headquarters
bina.jpg

But it does anyway not matter, as the NY mosque is abstract art and you can see a lot in it. I just tried to give another view to those who said, it was an intentionally deformation of the Israeli star.

Any true American who believes in the U.S. Constitution should support 100% the building of this Mosque. :cool:

Fuck you, and all the, "let's disgrace the innocent people who died on 9/11," cock suckers that think like you.

Last edited:
See what the Park 51 Mosque and Community Center will look like....

Park51 Photos: Islamic Center Design Looks Modern, Secular In Artist Renderings

How gorgeous. Kudos to the architect.

It doesn't matter what this mosque looks like. It will never matter what this mosque looks like. Because of what it is and where it's proposed to be built and by whom, the thing will always be the ugliest building in NYC, period.

And I don't know why you're on such an ass kissing crusade for islam Madeline. You got something against America? You forget we're at war with radical islam? Or maybe you prefer to just forget about all the innocent people murdered in cold blood around the world at the hands of islamists? What is it? Why are you so concerned about coddling these people and welcoming them into our country? To make it easier for them to plot out more terrorists attacks against us? Preach more hate for infidels? Why is it that you liberals brains always seem to work backwards? Political correctness to the point of absurdity, or cut your nose off to spite your face?

Last edited:

It doesn't matter what this mosque looks like. It will never matter what this mosque looks like. Because of what it is and where it's proposed to be built and by whom, the thing will always be the ugliest building in NYC, period.

And I don't know why you're on such an ass kissing crusade for islam Madeline. You got something against America? You forget we're at war with radical islam? Or maybe you prefer to just forget about all the innocent people murdered in cold blood around the world at the hands of islamists? What is it? Why are you so concerned about coddling these people and welcoming them into our country? To make it easier for them to plot out more terrorists attacks against us? Preach more hate for infidels? Why is it that you liberals brains always seem to work backwards? Political correctness to the point of absurdity, or cut your nose off to spite your face?

Pale, if you wish to discuss PC as you perceive it, please begin a new thread. I am happy to engage you, but I am enjoying the conversation about architecure here, k?

Pale, if you wish to discuss PC as you perceive it, please begin a new thread. I am happy to engage you, but I am enjoying the conversation about architecure here, k?

No, not K, because so am I. I gave my opinion and you don't like it. Sorry. Not everyone here is on board with this abortion of a building and slap in the face to America mosque like you are. It's not pretty, and it will never be, period. It's ugly, it's disrespectful, and it should never be built. What it looks like is totally irrelevant.

I diametrically disagree with you, and frankly find it just a little bit weird that a 57 year old American woman would be so open to welcoming with open arms for the religion of the terrorists that killed 3,000+ Americans to build a victory mosque on top of the site of their carnage.

Just when I was beginning to like you, I can see that we are total polar opposites...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back