Park 51 Mosque Will Be Beautiful

It doesn't matter what this mosque looks like. It will never matter what this mosque looks like. Because of what it is and where it's proposed to be built and by whom, the thing will always be the ugliest building in NYC, period.

And I don't know why you're on such an ass kissing crusade for islam Madeline. You got something against America? You forget we're at war with radical islam? Or maybe you prefer to just forget about all the innocent people murdered in cold blood around the world at the hands of islamists? What is it? Why are you so concerned about coddling these people and welcoming them into our country? To make it easier for them to plot out more terrorists attacks against us? Preach more hate for infidels? Why is it that you liberals brains always seem to work backwards? Political correctness to the point of absurdity, or cut your nose off to spite your face?

Pale, if you wish to discuss PC as you perceive it, please begin a new thread. I am happy to engage you, but I am enjoying the conversation about architecure here, k?

No, not K, because so am I. I gave my opinion and you don't like it. Sorry. Not everyone here is on board with this abortion of a building and slap in the face to America mosque like you are. It's not pretty, and it will never be, period. It's ugly, it's disrespectful, and it should never be built. What it looks like is totally irrelevant.

I diametrically disagree with you, and frankly find it just a little bit weird that a 57 year old American woman would be so open to welcoming with open arms for the religion of the terrorists that killed 3,000+ Americans to build a victory mosque on top of the site of their carnage.

Just when I was beginning to like you, I can see that we are total polar opposites...

I like you too Pale. Do you stop liking people because they disagree with you politically? I don't.

Lemme tell you how this is for me. I know only one Muslim IRL. She's a lady I used to work with, and she clearly is not Arabic...she converted. And not to please a man -- her husband is Jewish, and they adopted a black infant. Very diverse household.

I am being called name after name because I refuse to be hateful, fearful or cruel to Muslims I do not know. I responded by trying to figure out what the non-Muslims were so agitated over, and nothing I heard persuaded me there was a real problem.

Mr. Fitnah and others openly call for internment camps, deportation of Arabs and altering our immigration laws so no other Middle Easterner can move here. No one seems to take in that not all Middle Easterns are Muslim and not all Muslims are Middle Eastern. I'm afraid too. I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand...but I'm afraid of people who want to commit mass murder, not Godly people who just want to be treated like any other Americans.

If that is not enough common ground for us to go on speaking, I'll be sad but I am not budging. I do not want to live in the America the Islamophobes are craving and will fight to keep it from happening.

I am so happy to see this mosque being built.

Just as the style of mosques in Egypt or Turkey are influenced by their culture.

This mosque's architecture will reflect Islam in America.

A beautiful work of art that all Americans can be proud of.

I'm surprised that this thread took 7-pages to devolve into the "Ground Zero Mosque" debate... not like that argument is more worn-out than a hooker's vagina.

To me it looks like the front of the building was once a solid front and then was hit by flying debris, punching holes in it. Reminds me of 9/11 and that building looks like it got hit by flying debris from the planes. I wouldn't like it even if it was where it should be, anywhere but there.

The rotating skyscraper? I'd puke. I sooo can't handle 'movement'.

I'm reminded of the classic Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder".

If the mosque is a standard of beauty, then beauty is ugly.

That's not what his post says. Can't you read?

I'm reminded of the classic Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder".

If the mosque is a standard of beauty, then beauty is ugly.

Well, there aren't many "pretty" skyscrapers, boedicca...but as these type buildings go, I liked it.

You are beyond clueless.

Ah, I see. I was supposed to hate the building's design because it will be used as a house of worship by "those people". Is that it?

Mr.Fitnah wrote:

It will require a lot of work to close down Islam .
Muslims help and make it easier ,as peoples awareness of Islam increases. Muslims resort to scriptural Islam to deal with it.
Once that happens, you will insist on internment camps and forced deportations.

Then you tell me...how should this be read, boedicca? What do those you who fear or hate Muslims want done, if not this? I like Mr.Fitnah myself, but I am never ever ever gonna agree to a round up of innocent Americans because of what they believe about God.

Mr.Fitnah wrote:

Muslims help and make it easier ,as peoples awareness of Islam increases. Muslims resort to scriptural Islam to deal with it.

Then you tell me...how should this be read, boedicca? What do those you who fear or hate Muslims want done, if not this? I like Mr.Fitnah myself, but I am never ever ever gonna agree to a round up of innocent Americans because of what they believe about God.

Do you know the difference between "you" and "I" or "we"?

Mr.Fitnah wrote:

Do you know the difference between "you" and "I" or "we"?

Fine, I drew an inference you feel is unfair. You might be right. Happy?

Personally I dun know where else this hysteria CAN lead, boedicca. And I do not necessarially mean you or Mr.Fitnah...I mean the generalized anxiety about "Sharia law is coming to America" etc. If internment camps and forced deportations etc. aren't what those people want, then what?

Madeline, you really don't understand much about the geopolitical climate these days.

Yes, the board members are extremely fortunate that there are intelligent, informed participants here to provide insight which counteracts your clueless inane babbling.

Yes, the board members are extremely fortunate that there are intelligent, informed participants here to provide insight which counteracts your clueless inane babbling.

Right, I know. It goes without saying that you immediately come to mind whenever "intelligent" or "informed" are mentioned.

Forum List

Back