Park 51 Mosque Will Be Beautiful

This one, however, which is the largest Islamic mosque in the world, is ugly to me. It looks like a kid's sand castle and lacks all the features that makes Islamic architecture beautiful to me:

djenne-mosque-2-b.jpg
This is not the larges Mosque in the world.

But is the larget mud brick/adobe building in the world.

The Great Mosque of Djenné
is the largest mud brick or adobe building in the world and is considered by many architects to be the greatest achievement of the Sudano-Sahelian architectural style, albeit with definite Islamic influences. The mosque is located in the city of Djenné, Mali on the flood plain of the Bani River. The first mosque on the site was built around the 13th century, but the current structure dates from 1907. As well as being the centre of the community of Djenné, it is one of the most famous landmarks in Africa.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Djenné

Last edited:
This one, however, which is the largest Islamic mosque in the world, is ugly to me. It looks like a kid's sand castle and lacks all the features that makes Islamic architecture beautiful to me:

djenne-mosque-2-b.jpg
This is not the larges Mosque in the world.

But is the larget mud brick/adobe building in the world.

The Great Mosque of Djenné
is the largest mud brick or adobe building in the world and is considered by many architects to be the greatest achievement of the Sudano-Sahelian architectural style, albeit with definite Islamic influences. The mosque is located in the city of Djenné, Mali on the flood plain of the Bani River. The first mosque on the site was built around the 13th century, but the current structure dates from 1907. As well as being the centre of the community of Djenné, it is one of the most famous landmarks in Africa.

Great Mosque of Djenné - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WOW! Such advanced architecture! Even my 12 year old can't make a sand castle like that!

Is mosque 51 going to be made out of sand too?

All anyone will have to do is to call the big bad wolf!!!

djenne-mosque-2-b.jpg

This is the largest Mosque in the world, not that one.

1-al-masjid-al-haram-makkah-saudi-arabia11.jpg

Not that I really care which is the largest mosque--your nomination is at least pretty--but here's the 'evidence' as such that I have for my nomination:

The largest mosque in the world called, The Great Mosque at Wayfaring Travel Guide

The Faisal Mosque in Islamabad is the largest mosque in Pakistan and South Asia and one of the largest mosques in the world. It was the largest mosque in the world from 1986 to 1993 when overtaken in size by the completion of the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, Morocco. Subsequent expansions of the Masjid al-Haram (Grand Mosque) of Mecca and the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (Prophet's Mosque) in Medina, Saudi Arabia during the 1990s relegated Faisal Mosque to fourth place in terms of size.
Faisal Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I guess the battle for the biggest goes on. :)

Then you tell me...how should this be read, boedicca? What do those you who fear or hate Muslims want done, if not this? I like Mr.Fitnah myself, but I am never ever ever gonna agree to a round up of innocent Americans because of what they believe about God.

Do you know the difference between "you" and "I" or "we"?

Fine, I drew an inference you feel is unfair. You might be right. Happy?

Personally I dun know where else this hysteria CAN lead, boedicca. And I do not necessarially mean you or Mr.Fitnah...I mean the generalized anxiety about "Sharia law is coming to America" etc. If internment camps and forced deportations etc. aren't what those people want, then what?

You dont know what an apology is .
Your posts are obvious misrepresentations of what I said to deliberately diminish me and to disparage me.

Mr.Fitnah, Madeline, boedicca, et al,

I try not to comment on this topic, but as I keep-up, I can clearly see that both sides on this issue have static positions; branded inside their own box.

Do you know the difference between "you" and "I" or "we"?

Fine, I drew an inference you feel is unfair. You might be right. Happy?

Personally I dun know where else this hysteria CAN lead, boedicca. And I do not necessarially mean you or Mr.Fitnah...I mean the generalized anxiety about "Sharia law is coming to America" etc. If internment camps and forced deportations etc. aren't what those people want, then what?

You dont know what an apology is .
Your posts are obvious misrepresentations of what I said to deliberately diminish me and to disparage me.
(COMMENT)

Much of what America is concerned about, deals with (mostly) the "suicidal Muslim", like those that wear the vest, crash the planes, and start shooting the unarmed and defenseless; those that target what we call - the soft targets.

Much of what we think about the Muslim, as a radical and fanatical extremist is not entirely understood, by America and the opponents of radicalism. Again, the fact that the words of the moderate are not vocal and heard, let alone - the fact that they do little to nothing in the damping of the threat, often leads me to believe that they don't understand it any more than anyone else. The moderate merely says: it is unwarranted hysteria, bigotry, and unconstitutional. But it is not an answer.

Suppose we think outside the box for, in part, an explanation? Something that is helpful to both sides. Here is a theory that is a bit outside the box. (Please take a few moments to view the video.)

Dr Robert Papa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXLdwuFi7Q They were presuming it given the absence of data that showed anything else. So, as I began to collect the data and as I put the data set together, that's when it also jumped out at me what was driving suicide terrorism, because what over 95 percent of all suicide terrorist attacks, around the world since 1980, have in common is not religion but a specific strategic goal: to compel a modern democracy to withdraw combat forces -- I don't mean advisors with side-arms; I mean tanks, fighter aircraft, or APCs -- from territory the terrorists view is their homeland, or prize greatly. From Lebanon, to Chechnya, to Sri Lanka, to Kashmir, to the West Bank, every suicide terrorism campaign since 1980 has had as its central objective to compel a democratic state to withdraw combat forces from territory that the terrorists prize.

As you, and many others, might believe, suicide attacks are an outcome of Islamic radical fundamentalism. But! it is not entirely. It is not entirely a false correlation.

This is an alternative thought that I would like to offer as a an alternative view. This, with my previous post, needs to be considered in concert.

I recommend that you start at about the 13 minute mark.

Most Respectfully,
R

Its Pape, Not Papa.
He is a one trick pony still riding his suicide bomber research from what 05 4?

Suicide bombers are not my concern at all.
That Islamic scripture calls for global genocide is.

The moderate voices are heard , unfortunately there voices do not carry the intellectual force of fundamentalist arguments They do not have the high moral ground in Islam.
If they did , there would be no Islam issue today the :evangelical Jihad terrorism"it would have been put down with scriptural guidance.

All attempts to hijack Islam from fundamentalist have failed

Public repentance: A jihadist recants | The Economist

Hamoud al-Hitar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Failure of Jihadist Rehabilitation: The Saudi Model Returns Jihadists to the Front

The "Moderates" are just the school of fish the believers swim within They are camouflage . They provide politcal cover and are the darling of the media .
Islamic scripture is clear, it leaves no doubt .

I recommend reading the scripture not modern ( last 100 years) commentary on it.

Forum List

Back