Paris open air urinals

What's the problem?

In India my bus broke down. Some guy was taking a slash facing away from the road, but there was a path or something there. Some woman walked past.
In Romania I was on a train going through Transalvania, there was a highway running parallel with the train tracks. The guy got out of his car, peed, and then the train went past.
People get drunk and pee all over the streets, this is a much better option.

Pull that shit here, you're going to jail and if you catch NOPD on a bad day, you might get a beat-down as lagniappe.

I'm pretty sure I read about open air urinals in Paris decades ago. It was such a surprising concept to me that I never forgot it.
I'd much rather people be pissing in them than on the sidewalk or the shrubs. I thought Europeans were all open about these things.
If I remember correctly the first etiquette book written in Europe (circa 1500s) stated that it was rude to address a person while they were relieving themselves in public.
And still a good rule of thumb, I say.

Well, there's proof of the incredible stupidity of American prudishness. Can't use a synonym for urine that begins with 'p' followed by an 'i' and then has two s's. What a country!

Trying to figure out why the need?
Do they have people pissing on street corners or something?
Yes, particularly tourists who respect very little.
The French, unlike Americans, are aware that life includes bodily functions as a necessity. They are not frightened of seeing a woman breast feed or a man standing in a typical position for waste water discharge. It is also why the levels of sexual frustration are lower in France, where sex, too, is simply regarded as natural and, though interesting, nothing to gloat over.
By the way, the name of the river rhymes with 'pen', not 'sane'.

Pffft.... yeah Americans are not aware of the need to pee. :rolleyes:
More like the gross factor of it. What are they, a bunch of monkeys?
They pee wherever they feel the need to go like a dog?

Yeah....that is clearly more civilized. :blahblah:
peeing1.gif

What's the problem?

In India my bus broke down. Some guy was taking a slash facing away from the road, but there was a path or something there. Some woman walked past.
In Romania I was on a train going through Transalvania, there was a highway running parallel with the train tracks. The guy got out of his car, peed, and then the train went past.

Pull that shit here, you're going to jail and if you catch NOPD on a bad day, you might get a beat-down as lagniappe.

Yeah, the right complain about gay not being natural, then complain about people peeing, which is as natural as nature itself.

What's the problem?

Yeah, the right complain about gay not being natural, then complain about people peeing, which is as natural as nature itself.

I have yet to see anyone complaining about peeing. That would be pretty dumb.
Having no problem with people peeing all over the street is also pretty dumb.

What's the problem?

I have yet to see anyone complaining about peeing. That would be pretty dumb.
Having no problem with people peeing all over the street is also pretty dumb.

Which is better, a drunk peeing all over the street, or a drunk peeing in one of these things?

Forum List

Back