Parents rush son to Ontario for emergency care after 15-hour wait at Montreal hospital

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Police States aren't good at healthcare or civil liberties. You sure you want to be like us?

Christos Lianos is recovering from complications related to a burst appendix. Though he is a student in Montreal, he received care in Kingston, Ont.

That's because his parents rushed him to his hometown after waiting 15 hours in the Royal Victoria Hospital's emergency room.

Lianos, 20, said he doesn't like thinking about what might have happened to him if he had stayed in Montreal, waiting for care that didn't seem to be coming.

"If I had gone home or stayed for, who knows how long in that waiting room, what could have happened to me?" he asked. "Would I be here today?"

It was mid-June when Lianos started experiencing significant abdominal pain and a high fever. He had been feeling off for a few days, but had taken a turn for the worse the night of June 14. So, he called his parents.

"Automatically, me and my husband, we thought: 'My God, that sounds like his appendix,'" said Niki Lianos, Christos's mother.

Driving 3 hours for care​

Niki Lianos told her son to go to the hospital immediately. And then she and her husband drove three hours from Kingston to be with him.

In the 15 hours he was at the hospital, which is part of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), nurses checked on him twice to assess his symptoms and gave him Tylenol every six hours for the pain, the family said.

Lianos said she lost her patience and yelled at the nurse, saying had she known they'd be waiting for so long, they would have gone back to Kingston for treatment.

Police States aren't good at healthcare or civil liberties. You sure you want to be like us?

Christos Lianos is recovering from complications related to a burst appendix. Though he is a student in Montreal, he received care in Kingston, Ont.

That's because his parents rushed him to his hometown after waiting 15 hours in the Royal Victoria Hospital's emergency room.

Lianos, 20, said he doesn't like thinking about what might have happened to him if he had stayed in Montreal, waiting for care that didn't seem to be coming.

"If I had gone home or stayed for, who knows how long in that waiting room, what could have happened to me?" he asked. "Would I be here today?"

It was mid-June when Lianos started experiencing significant abdominal pain and a high fever. He had been feeling off for a few days, but had taken a turn for the worse the night of June 14. So, he called his parents.

"Automatically, me and my husband, we thought: 'My God, that sounds like his appendix,'" said Niki Lianos, Christos's mother.

Niki Lianos told her son to go to the hospital immediately. And then she and her husband drove three hours from Kingston to be with him.

In the 15 hours he was at the hospital, which is part of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), nurses checked on him twice to assess his symptoms and gave him Tylenol every six hours for the pain, the family said.

Lianos said she lost her patience and yelled at the nurse, saying had she known they'd be waiting for so long, they would have gone back to Kingston for treatment.
Common in America

Common in America
It's getting worse due to the number of people over the past few years that "qualify" for Medicaid.....86 million so far in 2023. Think about that number for a minute.

Out of 337 million people in the US 86 million "qualify" for Medicaid, a bit better than 25% of the US population. It's BS, paying for insurance is for suckers I guess.

The bottom line is if you have insurance that the doctor/medical system can scalp for more money than Medicaid then you will moved up to the front of the line, at least as far as some procedures go but due to the flood of people it might take you three months plus for certain procedures.

well they want to cancel people because they are expensive....good place to start

Well that didn't work out very well for you did it!
And all because of your personal hard-on for authority and Canada's police.
Our system is known now. No matter what you do or say, no matter what further harm may come to to me, only the most extreme, uncurious and radical in the U.S will support our system. The decline has been ongoing for over 30 years and the internet allowed it to be expressed and exposed. I have never been under any illusions, I have to hope that God protects me and/or a hero comes my way. The covert, creepy ones have destroyed our reputation.

Last edited:
I had to wait three days in the emergency room for a potentially fatal intestinal blockage caused by a cancerous tumor. This is months after another hospital totally missed the grapefruit sized tumor with a cat scan I paid $4000 out of pocket to get. No matter where you live a serious illness is a potential nightmare of access and expense.

Our system is known now. No matter what you do or say, no matter what further harm may come to to me, only the most extreme, uncurious and radical in the U.S will support our system.
Are we back to talking about your personal problems again?
The decline has been ongoing for over 30 years and the internet allowed it to be expressed and exposed. I have never been under any illusions, I have to hope that God protects me and/or a hero comes my way.
Yes, I see we are!

I offered to be your hero but you were stuck with placing the blame on everybody but yourself. The offer can still stand but your rudeness won't be tolerated anymore.

Are we back to talking about your personal problems again?

Yes, I see we are!

I offered to be your hero but you were stuck with placing the blame on everybody but yourself. The offer can still stand but your rudeness won't be tolerated anymore.
You raised the personal issues, I responded.

Every major city
I've spoken to thousands of Americans in my lifetime, maybe 10s of thousands. I have never heard a single complaint about healthcare times. You could walk down any street in Ontario, even small towns, some which are closing hospitals or ER, entirely and you will hear a steady stream of complaints snd fears.

I've spoken to thousands of Americans in my lifetime, maybe 10s of thousands. I have never heard a single complaint about healthcare times. You could walk down any street in Ontario, even small towns, some which are closing hospitals or ER, entirely and you will hear a steady stream of complaints snd fears.

Want me to find a 15 hour case?

I have medical bills in excess of $10,000 dollars and I'm not out of the woods yet. I'll be paying that shit for years to come. The expense of a catastrophic illness here can wipe out your savings and livelihood so fast it's a national shame. If you've nerver heard this complaint before it's only because you haven't been listening.

It's getting worse due to the number of people over the past few years that "qualify" for Medicaid.....86 million so far in 2023. Think about that number for a minute.

Out of 337 million people in the US 86 million "qualify" for Medicaid, a bit better than 25% of the US population. It's BS, paying for insurance is for suckers I guess.

The bottom line is if you have insurance that the doctor/medical system can scalp for more money than Medicaid then you will moved up to the front of the line, at least as far as some procedures go but due to the flood of people it might take you three months plus for certain procedures.
Plus, like teachers and first responders, there is a shortage of nurses and doctors.

Forum List

Back